Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

So, the infection basically just started and these guys know all about everyone being infected and that they all come back.

Took Rick ****ing Grimes like 2-3 seasons to figure it out.

Ok, whatever.

No. The CDC guy tells him at the end of Season 1.

Pretty damn good finale. Bye Aleida :(. Had a feeling she was gonna kick it... Wife and ex wife under the same roof is WAY too much drama, even in the zombie apocalypse.

Strand is a very interesting character. Getting a Eugene vibe from him. A much smarter, clever, manipulating Eugene. Soon as he gets wgat he wants, he's going to leave them for dead.

Abigail... clutch. Hech of a finale, the boat gives them endless access along the coast. They could go anywhere with season 2.

We both know they will never sail one mile in that boat

Prediction: Death trap. Someone tried to steal it, something went wrong, and they kicked it. Now they're dead, and hungry, and food has arrived. Boat has no fuel. They need to make a dangerous run to a supply depot... Somebody gets chomped. They run into other possible survivors. They run into the first villain(s).... And awaaaaaaaay we go

On Talking Dead, the producer said other people are going to want the boat (obviously). But, an interesting thing he teased was that the Mom having a southern accent and maybe knowing Rick. Now, I only read about it so maybe he said it tongue in cheek? Not sure but they said she had a dark past. Maybe an affair with Rick while he was unhappy in his relationship with Lori? (Grasping for straws).

So, the infection basically just started and these guys know all about everyone being infected and that they all come back.

Took Rick ****ing Grimes like 2-3 seasons to figure it out.

Ok, whatever.

Yeah, but they were on the other side of the country.  And Rick was laid up in the hospital to wake up after the major **** had already hit the fan.  

The doctor at the CDC told Rick at the end of season one that everyone was infected.  Then he killed Shane at the end of season 2 and saw him comeback which confirmed what the doctor told him.  So, we knew after 6 episodes of TWD everyone was infected, with confirmation end of season 2.

Also, this group was under a military quarantine/safe zone, then went to the military base camp where they were taking all the wounded.  And Travis' ex wife was told and witnessed first hand seeing people that were not bitten die and come back as a zombie (Salizar's wife and others).  

I hated Travis the first 5 episodes, but it was nice to see him start to break and go a little Rick Grimes on that solider he tried to help.  I thought the finale was really good and the best episode so far.  

We both know they will never sail one mile in that boat

Roger that LOL.  

Well, it took Travis longer than I expected, but I think he's finally ready for the new world.  Between pummeling the soldier and killing the baby momma, we know he can rage when he needs to, and he can complete difficult tasks when he needs to.  Welcome to the ZA, T-dog.  

Pretty damn good finale. Bye Aleida :(. Had a feeling she was gonna kick it... Wife and ex wife under the same roof is WAY too much drama, even in the zombie apocalypse.

I knew she was going to die simply based off her role on Orange is the New Black. Most actors/actresses' schedules can only handle being a full-time regular one tv series at a time.

I could be remembering incorrectly, but didn't we not know that this is what Rick was told until further along?

Yeah, but we're the audience. We see CDC guy hold Rick back for a sec and whisper something out of earshot of Shane and co.

I think its reasonable to suggest Rick didn't want to believe it (after all, he was still kind of a gump at this point). He had no choice after Shane came back

On Talking Dead, the producer said other people are going to want the boat (obviously). But, an interesting thing he teased was that the Mom having a southern accent and maybe knowing Rick. Now, I only read about it so maybe he said it tongue in cheek? Not sure but they said she had a dark past. Maybe an affair with Rick while he was unhappy in his relationship with Lori? (Grasping for straws).

I don't think the producer ever said anything about her knowing Rick in any way, although he did tease at her southern accent.  I believe it was Chris Hardwick who brought up Rick's name, and that was more or less a joke I think.

I could be remembering incorrectly, but didn't we not know that this is what Rick was told until further along?

Yeah, but we found out at the end of season 2.  Given the circumstances of where they were logistically and how much time had passed after the **** hit the fan, I don't think it wasn't to far fetched for survivors to still not understand what they were dealing with.  

Obviously, in FTWD, this group was under military quarantine and Travis' ex was taken to the medical facility where she learned what the government was keeping from everyone, in regards to the virus.  

What we still don't know is how it started in the first place and how everyone has it.  I'm hoping we find that out, but I'm not sure we will ever know.

So at the very, very end, when the camera panned over the ocean, there was reddish/brownish/orangish stuff in the water that may or may not have been ominous. Was this just random ocean life (seaweed, plants, etc) or perhaps a tease of something more sinister/dangerous?

So at the very, very end, when the camera panned over the ocean, there was reddish/brownish/orangish stuff in the water that may or may not have been ominous. Was this just random ocean life (seaweed, plants, etc) or perhaps a tease of something more sinister/dangerous?

Don't remember, but im gonna go with dirt... Or the suns reflection

I thought the same thing at first then just chalked it up to algae

I thought is was just seaweed. Also I feel like the show failed at what it set out to do. Instead of showing societies downfall they kind of side stepped it by focusing on a group that was mostly sheltered from it. They weathered the storm in a military protected suburb while around them everything melted down to nothing.

Wasn't terribly impressed by the attention given to the annoying teenagers that won't allow a small thing like the end of the world get in the way of their cliche rebellion. Lots of potential at the onset but mostly a bleh result.

I thought is was just seaweed. Also I feel like the show failed at what it set out to do. Instead of showing societies downfall they kind of side stepped it by focusing on a group that was mostly sheltered from it. They weathered the storm in a military protected suburb while around them everything melted down to nothing.

Wasn't terribly impressed by the attention given to the annoying teenagers that won't allow a small thing like the end of the world get in the way of their cliche rebellion. Lots of potential at the onset but mostly a bleh result.

I'm sure they will start showing more of a society meltdown next season. I think they will use the boat and travel to other areas and see how other areas are being affected.

• 5 months later...

Archived