Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

Sooooo even though the dude was bit and near death/turning, Strand still spent all episode snuggling in bed as he wasted away. But then, near the end, the old lady comes in with "poisoned cookies?" to finish the job leading Strand to blow his brains out all over the bedroom and wake up the whole house?

Do I have that right?

I'm pretty sure Strand had her bring him the cookies for himself. He was considering taking himself out after Abigail died in order to be with him.

Strand ultimately decided to keep on living. The blowing Abigail's brains out was to prevent him from coming back as a walker.

They were communion wafers, it's how she poisoned the church in the opening scene.

Strand promised Abigail he would commit suicide and die with him.  Celia provided the communion wafers so that they could each take one and go out together.  Either Strand changed his mind at that point, or had never been planning to actually go through with it.  But yeah, the gun thing was incredibly dumb.

I thought Colton Domingo's analysis of it on The Talking Dead was actually pretty cogent.

So the group made it to place that seems safe, but the person running the place secretly thinks the walkers arent really dead so is keeping them hidden somewhere but alive....

Man -That sounds familiar? Where have I seen that before???  

BTW -How often do you think "Stares into space with a lost look on face" shows up in the script for every character?  

So the group made it to place that seems safe, but the person running the place secretly thinks the walkers arent really dead so is keeping them hidden somewhere but alive....

Man -That sounds familiar? Where have I seen that before???  

How about, group makes it's way to safe area inhabited by others, then realizes they must take over because others can't quite understand what is really going on.

I like the show.  Again, you have to remember that it's leading up to where the Walking Dead started.  It's going to be slow, groups are going to be forming, but way unorganized at times, etc.  I've noticed that the amount of walkers seems to be increasing (depending where they go) which makes sense.  

As far as Abigail's mother storing the walkers, not believing they are gone, while similar to what went down in TWD, it's expected, it's brand new to society and she is religious and doesn't believe they are gone completely.  If anything, I would think that might be more of the reaction we would see from the religious crowd.

Hershel was religious too wasn't he?  

Edit:  I will say that the way they have had Chris evolve is dumb.  Holding a grudge against his step-mom, threatening his step sister, then going in to their rooms all Norman Bates with a knife then acting like he didn't know whats up........that part of the show is my only beef so far.

that episode moved along pretty quickly. Nick is growing on me, he's ready for this world. he and the old guy are the only ones I care about.

Chris can go suck farts through a straw. weird ass dude.

that episode moved along pretty quickly. Nick is growing on me, he's ready for this world. he and the old guy are the only ones I care about.

Chris can go suck farts through a straw. weird ass dude.

Hahahaha...

Yeah, Nick, old dude and Strand seem like they have they most potential.  I don't mind this show - not my fave, but I have been watching all the episodes.

I think the girl from the plane crash is bound to show up again too.

Everybody just kind of flipped out at the same time.

Right? fiven her history, I thought crazy lady was spiking the water with something at first. I hope it hurt when her loving, "still living" son ate her face.

I thought it was an entertaining episode, in a B movie kinda way. I mean....it's not good television at all, but pretty funny how around 1/3 of the cast flipped out all at once.

*shrugs*

The first season of this show was sooooo much better though. I'll take it for what it is. It's too bad that 2 out of the 3 characters I don't hate had to seperate from the main group. I'm gonna miss the junkie and grumpy latino.

Of course, the other one i like is Strand. All the other characters are awful lol

Strand ends up with all the women.

is that like a Chinese curse?

I think it's a black guy thing.  ::shrug::

So Daniel and Nick are the two most interesting/likable characters.  Daniel is now dead (as far as we know), and Nick is suddenly annoying.  Things ain't lookin' good for this show.  

But Season 3 has already been ordered by AMC.   :blink:

First they show a little gasoline fire in one of the buildings and then the whole ****ing complex has flames shooting up two stories high?  C'mon.  

Maddy kills someone so her family can stay together and then walks away from her son.  And then drives past him slowly and silently? 

Travis runs out into the zombie apocalypse at night barefooted with no weapons?  This show is a ****ing train wreck. 

read this on another forum.  Not saying I agree with all of it, but worth a look for TWD fans

Celia's compound=Hershel's farm
Basement full of walkers=barn full of walkers
Chris going crazy=combination of Shane & Lizzie
Nick using walker blood to make himself invisible to walkers=Michonne using her walker pets to make herself invisible
Daniel going crazy/talking to dead wife's ghost=Rick talking to Lori's ghost on phone/seeing ghost around prison
Everyone getting separated after the compound catches fire=everyone getting separated after the governor destroys the prison.

read this on another forum.  Not saying I agree with all of it, but worth a look for TWD fans

Celia's compound=Hershel's farm

Basement full of walkers=barn full of walkers

Chris going crazy=combination of Shane & Lizzie

Nick using walker blood to make himself invisible to walkers=Michonne using her walker pets to make herself invisible

Daniel going crazy/talking to dead wife's ghost=Rick talking to Lori's ghost on phone/seeing ghost around prison

Everyone getting separated after the compound catches fire=everyone getting separated after the governor destroys the prison.

Yep. Its basically a repeat of Walking Dead Season 2 except 100x worse because none of the characters are as interesting. I mean Daniel was one of the few good characters and now he's dead.

I agree with most of it. Part of the problem though is that there are a limited number of reasonable plot devices if you boil them down to generalities like "group gets separated" or "person flips out". Those are actually what you'd expect to happen in a mass crisis like this.

the show needs more nudity

First they show a little gasoline fire in one of the buildings and then the whole ****ing complex has flames shooting up two stories high?  C'mon.  

gas fire around wine/brandy barrels....easily the most believable part of the show

I thought it was an entertaining episode, in a B movie kinda way. I mean....it's not good television at all, but pretty funny how around 1/3 of the cast flipped out all at once.

*shrugs*

The first season of this show was sooooo much better though. I'll take it for what it is. It's too bad that 2 out of the 3 characters I don't hate had to seperate from the main group. I'm gonna miss the junkie and grumpy latino.

Of course, the other one i like is Strand. All the other characters are awful lol

I think I'll revisit my old theory from the Walking Dead. The virus besides reanimating the dead causes madness in the living. This goes a long way to explaining how the dead overran the military. Just seems to be too much evidence that supports that theory. Look how many went crazy in both shows at some point or another. The insanity is probably temporary but recurring.

Archived