Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

Like I said the show just moved too fast. It was supposed to be a prequel/how things went before and the early days of the apololypse. But they're pretty much already in the same boat that the main Walking Dead crew were in after season 1-2.

By my kind of pacing they would just now be fleeing LA and learning about life on the run. They've already travelled farther then the main WD people.

I love how they have managed to have both shows go on break with me not caring about them coming back all that much.

I'm actually kind of going to enjoy having my Sunday nights free.

DVR

Then you can enjoy your Sunday nights free.  I DVR all of our shows and if I don't feel like staying up to watch them, crashing early, I just watch them the next day or two.  Staying out of any threads related to them of course.

I DVR all of our shows and if I don't feel like staying up to watch them, crashing early, I just watch them the next day or two.  Staying out of any threads related to them of course.

Yep.  Only peasants watch live television.  Outside of sports, there's no reason to watch commercials.  

• 3 months later...

Anyone still watching this?  

Its like a car wreck to me.  Its bad, the characters are terrible, the show doesnt follow the "Rules" laid out in the walking dead (I.E- in walking dead you had to cover yourself 100% with the dead AND not talk AND walk like the dead to blend in.  In this show - Throw some blood on your face and you are good....feel free to talk and walk no issue.).

Having said all that -I cant look away...

We've been watching it too. The wife likes it, so we probably won't stop any time soon. 

I couldn't get past the idea that there is a minor herd outside the settlement, they feed it, and yet the walkers are not pressed up against the bus and fence trying to get in. Makes no sense. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro

I checked out after 2 episodes of the second half this season.  They're all waiting on the TiVo.  Is it worth it?

It was still slow at times, but I think it's better than the first season.  More action, but it's still not on the same level as TWD.  Granted the last few episodes, especially the next to last have that "**** yeah!" type of Rick Grimes vibe to it.  

Wife and I have enjoyed it since the beginning though, we don't mind that it is slower developing and less action packed than TWD.  I don't want to say it's worth it because I haven't had any real problems with it overall that most have posted on here. 

Edit:  Just noticed that you said you checked out after the second episode of the 2nd half of the season.  I read your post incorrectly and thought you said you quit after the 2nd episode of the season.  So I'd say yes, give it a shot it starts getting a lot better imo.  Some slow parts still, but it gets better.

52 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Is it me or are Travis, Maddie and family a group of the most despicable people one could ever not hope to run into?  It's tough to figure out which one is the most horrible.

Are Grimes and company any different?

Other than Madison's apparently checkered past and Nick's drug use the rest are average people trying to survive.

I agree with Taze by the way.  It's gotten better the past few episodes - some better characters and more interesting storylines.  There are a few parts where the gore crossed the line into unnecessary as far as I'm concerned, but I know some people like that.

Yeah FTWD was starting to become "press play and have the show playing in the background while I do other stuff and if something catches my ears or eyes I will focus in on it..." status, but the last few episodes of S2 really brought me back into the show and I am on board with starting out Season 3 fully attentive. 

• 8 months later...

Travis buying it this early on surprised me, but when he got shot in the neck I new then he was a gone. 

Nasty bite on the stomach was revealed just before he fell out of the helicopter

My wife and I are watching.  Not huge fans of the show but it is better than nothing since this time of year, hardly any shows are airing new content.  We are also watching the new season of House of Cards.  I was surprised there was not a thread on that.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:45 AM, mark327 said:

Travis buying it this early on surprised me, but when he got shot in the neck I new then he was a gone. 

Nasty bite on the stomach was revealed just before he fell out of the helicopter

Me and the wife are still watching it.  Like I said, if Season 3 starts out like the last two episodes of season 2, it's going to be really good.  And the two hour season premiere (back to back episodes) delivered.  It may have been the best two episode of the series thus far.

I don't think Travis is dead, or the one brother of the guy that got his eye carved on with a spoon.  Not sure how they would spin it and it not be cheesy as hell.  Cause that would be some Glen-like **** going on :ols:

Madison reminded me a lot of Rick in those first two episodes too.  

Archived