Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

so....all that time spent during commercials to focus on the cool asian chick.  She was cute, a good fighter, and good awareness......only to kill her off?  what an epic fail.  FAIL.  

It can't be over with her.  My guess is they will circle around and get her. 

Yeah no way she's done.

A little bit weird though. On the plane she's this hard core chick who "gets it", and then in the life raft she's arguing to protect the one person who is dead weight, killing two able-bodied survivors in the process.

outside of Heroin Nick and Strand, this new sidekick South American dude is probably the most interesting.

It's only been days or a week or so since the ZA.  And we're to believe that a group is already extremely organized to where they have methods on how to manipulate people, find, and then hijack their boats?

Having a boat full of people with guns being overrun by three whiny millennials annoyed me.  

BTW, I guess Strand is the new Omar.  gay black dude that is 'bout dat life.  But then again he might've just playing gay to make the most of an opportunity.

BTW, I guess Strand is the new Omar.  gay black dude that is 'bout dat life.  But then again he might've just playing gay to make the most of an opportunity.

This with the Smiley picture you posted, brings me back to the Training Day conversation between Jake, Moreno, Sniper and Smiley.

outside of Heroin Nick and Strand, this new sidekick South American dude is probably the most interesting.

It's only been days or a week or so since the ZA.  And we're to believe that a group is already extremely organized to where they have methods on how to manipulate people, find, and then hijack their boats?

Having a boat full of people with guns being overrun by three whiny millennials annoyed me.  

It was night and only the kid was armed.  They came strolling in on a life boat with a pregnant woman, pulled the con, took them off guard.  They were fed info by the one girl over the radio, so they knew what to suspect.  

Wife and I think he is a con artist and was just playing that dude.  

Just a hunch--but I think we're going to see more about why Strand was so prepared---and it may or may not be tied to special knowledge about the outbreak.

Just playing with storylines as I like to do , so not "predicting" here: ya know how in WD we've had quite a bit of time and events in which to view how Rick & co wander a line of gray morally/ethically. We get to view very cold/brutal/hard choices and yet compare the group's ethics to Wolves, Negan etc. and note they negotiated peacefully with Hilltop when Hilltop extended the option.

So while there's moral ambiguity, we can still easily argue that Rick's group (acknowledging it's a diverse group re: moral compasses) is not that bad.

Now taking it back to FWD and the characters so far, it would be interesting and believable to see this band actually more quickly morph into one that ends up more like Negan's.

If it were done right, it could make some interesting conflict for viewers, especially if Negan's impact and other events (Hilltop/Knights of Sports Equipment alliances) eventually swing Rick's core group (continuously if slowly growing in numbers) of warrior-survivors into the next evolution beyond isolated structures-turned-fortresses---to where they have a larger geographical area of more stable nature to inhabit and greater population of people and other communities to live within (or absorb).

So FWD could play with that core group being much more questionable in their choices form early-on (as they already have) with eventual division perhaps centered around Madison v Travis and their "split" family after a point and it all  build into a more Negan-like presence, given the characters we've already met with major pre-apocalyptic behaviors that are morally shaky/criminal/seriously violent.

And I like the quick learning curve in FWD---it makes sense to me that some would have one and it easily explained by both individual and environmental factors as we are seeing.

Ok. Geek time over.  :P

Another thing I was thinking of is that TWD started with Rick waking up from a month long coma in the hospital, the ZA had already destroyed society.  Then after he met up with Morgan, he headed to ATL to go to the CDC and found Atlanta destroyed and overrun by walkers.  Before finally finding his wife/Carl/Shane outside of ATL.

There are obviously good and bad people out there, but when TWD starts, we missed what happened during that first month, people killing, robbing, stealing, etc.  So we really didn't get a look at how people reacted early on.  

With FWD, we are experiencing it first hand as it occurs.  It also started in LA, the 2nd largest populated U.S. city, and it started off with riots, killing, robbing, etc. so it's believable that those types of people would have the mentality to group together and survive by force and be prepared.  

Which most likely happened, given the destruction of ATL in TWD, the exact same way, but Rick and Co. just didn't run into those groups (Gov., Negan, Terminus, etc.) until later in the series.  But those groups would have most likely formed right at the beginning and done the same thing as we see this group do in FWD.

So while there's moral ambiguity, we can still easily argue that Rick's group (acknowledging it's a diverse group re: moral compasses) is not that bad.

Would your thoughts be reversed if it was Negan who woke up in the hospital and Negsn's group we were following?

Another thing I was thinking of is that TWD started with Rick waking up from a month long coma in the hospital, the ZA had already destroyed society.  Then after he met up with Morgan, he headed to ATL to go to the CDC and found Atlanta destroyed and overrun by walkers.  Before finally finding his wife/Carl/Shane outside of ATL.

There are obviously good and bad people out there, but when TWD starts, we missed what happened during that first month, people killing, robbing, stealing, etc.  So we really didn't get a look at how people reacted early on.  

With FWD, we are experiencing it first hand as it occurs.  It also started in LA, the 2nd largest populated U.S. city, and it started off with riots, killing, robbing, etc. so it's believable that those types of people would have the mentality to group together and survive by force and be prepared.  

Which most likely happened, given the destruction of ATL in TWD, the exact same way, but Rick and Co. just didn't run into those groups (Gov., Negan, Terminus, etc.) until later in the series.  But those groups would have most likely formed right at the beginning and done the same thing as we see this group do in FWD.

I can get on board with this. I do feel that the pirate type group may be a little fast (a day or so since the military left LA), but it's better then a season of fishing with Daniel (sitting at a farm). I have enjoyed the past two episodes more then the first two episodes.

I was kind of wishing it was going to be the Asian lady to save Strands butt at the end.

Would your thoughts be reversed if it was Negan who woke up in the hospital and Negsn's group we were following?

The question is kinda fuzzy for me, but no. Initiating servitude, robbery, and death sentences as a normal routine matter of first interactions and bashing in skulls (with apparently zero consideration as to age/circumstances etc)  with bats to teach lessons is not a llama I'd ride. It immediately qualifies for extinction. As in non-TV life, it's not seeking absolutes (black and white), but where you want to draw your lines (way more shades of gray than certain sexual pastimes). 

Carol wouldn't kill for the same reasons Negan will. Subjectively drawing lines within a frame of individual and group dynamics is real, pragmatic, and is all around us every day. Philosophizing on absolutes is a factor too, and influences the former in a slow and reflective manner, but the day to day operation is pragmatic and more immediate.

when you're outta likes, you're already kinda tired from work, and you weren't ready for Jumbo's or Tazinski's deep thought posts

87j90.gif

You guys make some solid points

OK here is a nitpick if Zombies are edible (The Crab were eating that zombie) that is a major mistake because after a weeks at most a zombie will have been consume by insects (maggots). There should be no hordes at all in the Walking Dead and zombies should be quite rare.

There are a host of reasons that zombies can't actually survive long term.  For one thing their flesh is clearly decomposing, which means that sending messages from brain to muscles to move at all would become impossible.  Nerves would deteriorate along with the rest of the soft tissue.  Eventually they should just become groaning corpses, if that.

But when you watch a zombie show you sign a little contract that says you can't care about stuff like that.

There are a host of reasons that zombies can't actually survive long term.  For one thing their flesh is clearly decomposing, which means that sending messages from brain to muscles to move at all would become impossible.  Nerves would deteriorate along with the rest of the soft tissue.  Eventually they should just become groaning corpses, if that.

But when you watch a zombie show you sign a little contract that says you can't care about stuff like that.

I did say it was a nitpick.

Archived