Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

I find the subplots in this show insane by ZA standards. A mother wants complete strangers to take her children off a secure island from the undead because they are somehow unsafe? What?! Travis is actually upset that his son has the stomach to brain walkers instead of freaking out every time he sees one. 

Strand is the only interesting part of this show. 

I find the subplots in this show insane by ZA standards. A mother wants complete strangers to take her children off a secure island from the undead because they are somehow unsafe? What?! Travis is actually upset that his son has the stomach to brain walkers instead of freaking out every time he sees one.

Strand is the only interesting part of this show.

The dad had "power pills" for the entire family. I'm pretty sure the mom just wanted her kids to have a chance at life, where the dad was willing to basically kill them in order to keep the family "together".

And Travis... I saw that as him being kind of dumbfounded for a minute after seeing his son killing the walkers. He even said something like "my son takes out the trash, tidies up his room". It's not every day you see your son taking out dead people with a pickaxe as a chore. I'd be taken aback too... especially since this is still early on.

The dad had "power pills" for the entire family. I'm pretty sure the mom just wanted her kids to have a chance at life, where the dad was willing to basically kill them in order to keep the family "together".

And Travis... I saw that as him being kind of dumbfounded for a minute after seeing his son killing the walkers. He even said something like "my son takes out the trash, tidies up his room". It's not every day you see your son taking out dead people with a pickaxe as a chore. I'd be taken aback too... especially since this is still early on.

I don't think anything would've ever happened with the power pills if our resident drug addict wasn't trying to score some drugs. I don't think those pills would've been used unless they got overran with walkers, and that was unlikely given their situation. 

And I can understand being shocked at my son dispatching walkers say, just a week after the outbreak. But given their situation now, and everything he saw in the first season, I'd be glad to see him not being overly emotional about needing to kill them. It shows he is adapting to this new world. Yeah, some of that is due to his mother dying. But everyone deals in grief in different ways, but again given their situation, people can't afford to shut down in grief when a loved one dies. 

that show was so good season 1, then something happened

Yeah, I think the plot just wasn't strong enough to sustain more than a season. Some pretty good eye candy tho. Hardwick gave a plug to Sleepy Hollow at the end of TD, and she shock her head a little when he said hopefully the show would continue on. Seems like she knows the show is going to get canceled. Hope she finds some more work. 

I think the Travis being taken back by seeing his son clear out walkers and the reactions are again(mentioned this about a page or two go) part of the way TWD has us jaded and desensitized us. The fact that we already have insight on where things are headed due to the previous show, I catch myself being constantly impatient with characters on this show not being hardened and cynical yet lol. We know to an extent what the characters are going to develop into, they're just not there yet.

Reactions to last night...

OMG...ZOMBIE CHILD!!!

I really don't want Strand to be a "bad guy". I love that character and really want to keep on following him. That being said though, virtually everything he's said and done so far has seemed very deliberate. As though he has a full mission to complete no matter what. So I'm curious to see if we find out what that is next week or right after pending the plane crash stuff; and if he follows through on something evil or bad, or has a change of heart due to developing connections to the other folks in the group.

She is cute, and I understand the dating pool is rather shallow during the apocalypse, but she makes me want them to chum for Negan.

Just wait. Fans will end up liking her once she is called into action. She did a lot of fighting on her last show The 100 and she has the choreography skills and the acting skills to play a strong role. Right now she is a whiny privileged teenager, easy to be annoyed with. But that will make her character transformation better.

That chick from Sleepy Hollow on the Talking Dead......makes me want to watch that crappy show again. 

Show was so good season 1. Even season 2 was good, up until the end with the decisions they made for important characters. Season 3 meant an entirely new direction and they lost me after 6 episodes for good. Hated the new villain, hated the altered storyline. Just terrible. I read on wiki how season 3 ends and it's also terrible. They ruined a solid show.

That being said, I'm not hating this show as much as many are. Granted, I DO agree that I really don't give two poops about the characters, but the story is actually intriguing to me. I just think it's so different to start somewhere at the beginning. If the show actually takes off, I wonder if years from now they'd end up on the east coast with Rick? That would be hilarious.

Granted, I DO agree that I really don't give two poops about the characters

They are crusing around on a $20m yacht, acting like dumbasses and and being assholes to those who they meet who are fighting for their lives. 

I record it on DVR and will watch it if I'm bored with the remote in hand.

so....all that time spent during commercials to focus on the cool asian chick.  She was cute, a good fighter, and good awareness......only to kill her off?  what an epic fail.  FAIL.  

Hahaha, could be!  But, I think she is the Glenn of FWD.  Asian who always escapes death.  She survived the walkers on the plane, the plane crash, the initial life raft time (looks like she killed the other survivors save for the sick boy), and whatever she was doing ashore when she ran into the group.  She'll probably survive being stranded and turn up later on!

Archived