Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Multiple weather apps and weather sites have assured me that rain is extremely likely any minute now.... for over 24 hours.  It's yet to actually rain.  I've become paranoid now, certain that the moment I set out to spend some time outdoors the sky will unload all it's been holding back.  Stupid weather reports have left me locked in a staring contest with the sky.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 7:30 AM, Chew said:

96° with only 8% humidity is actually not that bad. 

on the other hand 97 and 58% humidity sucks , my sweat glands are cramping. :silly:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Multiple weather apps and weather sites have assured me that rain is extremely likely any minute now.... for over 24 hours.  It's yet to actually rain.  I've become paranoid now, certain that the moment I set out to spend some time outdoors the sky will unload all it's been holding back.  Stupid weather reports have left me locked in a staring contest with the sky.  

It's finally storming and raining in Ashburn. Was supposed to be 80% chance of rain since this morning. Kinda like last weekend where we made no  outdoor plans for 3 days because of the threat but.nothing happened.

Althought the same system that missed us last weekend did a little damage not too far away.  

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

Done nothing but thunderstorm for two weeks here in Charlotte. Rain, lightning and thunder every day. Really sick of rain.

If any of the local meteorologists tell me we’re in a drought, I’m going to personally go to the station and kick them in the chicklets.  Karate kid crane style.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Flash Flooding Swamps Northeast, Mid-Atlantic; Hershey Park Closes, Disaster Emergency Declared in Pennsylvania

Numerous tropical downpours since the weekend have caused flash flooding in parts of the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where water rescues were reported and a disaster emergency was declared in at least one Pennsylvania town.

Flash flooding was reported in eastern Pennsylvania Monday morning, yielding water rescues in Pine Grove and near Hamlin. In the nearby community of Tremont, a disaster emergency was declared Monday morning because of flash flooding.

Flooding forced Hershey Park to close its doors Monday, according to a tweet from the amusement park.

"Unfortunately, due to the excessive rainfall over the past three days and localized flooding, Hershey Park and ZooAmerica will be closed Monday, July 23, for the safety of our employees and guests," a park official said.

pSMb-4CuwpucW5du?format=jpg&name=small

Click on the link for the full article and videos

Woman killed after tree falls on house in Fairfax County

BURKE, Va. - A woman has died after a tree fell onto a house in Burke, fire officials said.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said the 60-foot tree in the backyard of the single-family home located in the 5900 block of Burnside Landing Drive came down at around 8:45 p.m. Monday. The victim was inside the house when it happened and was found dead at the scene by firefighters.

The victim's husband was also inside the home, but he was able to get out unharmed. No one else was injured, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Willie Bailey. 

Approximately 45 firefighters and a technical rescue team responded to the scene, officials said.

This is my neighbor.  So sad.  Unfortunately I never had the chance to meet her.

Edited by Springfield
  • Sad 1

Millions in Northeast and mid-Atlantic face flash floods, while West scorched by heat

Millions of Americans on the East Coast were bracing Tuesday for more heavy rain and the risk of flash flooding — some of it "life-threatening" — as states in the West struggled with another day of record-setting heat.

At least two people died Monday amid strong downpours pummeling states in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, turning low-lying roads into lakes and saturating the ground.

One woman was killed when a tree fell on her home in Burke, Virginia, southeast of Washington, following days of heavy rain, according to Fairfax County Battalion Chief Willie Bailey.

"This is very rare, very rare," Bailey said. "The tree had fallen into approximately a quarter of the home."

180724-us-flooding-mc-1028_781c3fc06cc9f

Click on the link for the full article and video

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...