Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Getting pretty spooky out here. Eye is 10 miles south, so that sucks. I live on the south side. It pushed back from 2 am to 7 am for passing, which is good because if my roof comes off, I'd rather it be during the day, but bad because its more likely to actually come off. 

At least it's not hot out.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Getting pretty spooky out here. Eye is 10 miles south, so that sucks. I live on the south side. It pushed back from 2 am to 7 am for passing, which is good because if my roof comes off, I'd rather it be during the day, but bad because its more likely to actually come off. 

At least it's not hot out.

Friggin' thing won't budge.  Same path as predicted a couple days ago.  Eye wants to go right over you.

Cat 4-5 winds starting late tonight, and throughout the wee hours of the morning.  Hate to say that.

Bathroom, bathtub, closet, helmet, pads...not joking.  I'm sure you have an itinerary, as limited as it may be at this point.

We're here for you man, get back at us ASAP.  Will be on a lot of board member's minds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Bathroom, bathtub, closet, helmet, pads...not joking.  I'm sure you have an itinerary, as limited as it may be at this point.

We're here for you man, get back at us ASAP.  Will be on a lot of board member's minds.

^^This. Good luck to you KB.

Maria is strengthening.  Category 5, 165 mph sustained winds in the eye wall.  :(

St. Croix didn't get as directly hit by Irma as some of the surrounding islands.  Now, St. Croix is going to get the absolute worst of it.  This is the real deal.

Glad you're in a concrete structure, KB.  Don't like what you had to say about your roof.

Probably hunkering down at this point, already catching hell.

That little island directly to the NW of the eye is KB's.  Two things you'll notice...

1)  He got hit with a couple heavy bands of storms, one is still on him.  The backside of the storm is loading up like mad.

2)  Notice the eye wobbling to the west.  One in the middle and one at the end of the gif.  The main motion is still towards him.  Hopefully there's another (more) drastic wobble to the west.

post-28288-1505861258.gif

175 MPH sustained winds.  Comfortably a Cat 5.

It really depends now on what kind of storm bands hit KB.  The black and grey **** is the worst.  The red and magenta **** is crazy as hell, but not as ridiculous.  A northern wobble may help him at this point, or a center-cut path.  Comes down to luck, preparation and surrounding structure.

5:15 am....

St. Croix got hit by the northern eye wall.  He's still got to get through torrential thunderstorms on the back side.

Maria has really fired up on the northwestern side as it's entered Puerto Rico.  The eye is almost on top of its east coast.  Major thunderstorms covering most of Puerto Rico.

6:45 am...

The eye dips to the south west a bit, right as it enters the south east coast of Puerto Rico. :(

post-28288-1505902037.gif

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=sju&wwa=hurricane local statement

SITUATION OVERVIEW
------------------

Hurricane force winds will likely continue across USVI, Vieques and
Culebra through the afternoon hours; and across Puerto Rico through
tonight. These winds will bring catastrophic damage. Severe injury is
possible in less than a strong structure. Maria is expected to produce
storm total accumulations of 12 to 18 inches with isolated amounts of
25 inches or more. Flash flooding is imminent or occurring.Now is the
time to remain safely sheltered from the storm.

Good luck KB.  I hope you and your escape with as little loss as possible.  Two in a row for USVI makes this a terrible month for the U.S. territory.  With the hit now to PR, the whole region will need major help.  I hope the U.S. realizes the people on these islands are fellow U.S. citizens in need of help.

• Like 3