Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

• 4 months later...

Bumping for the eclipse.

Still too early to say for sure, but currently the long range models are looking good and pretty clear for the eclipse on the 8th. At least for the DMV.

Just need it to stay that way.....

I was out for about 20 minutes (just had to grab a couple things for the weekend), and I'm wrecked by pollen.  So is everyone else, the guy in the convenience store was in absolute misery. 

And, of course, I forgot to get allergy stuff.  😬

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was out for about 20 minutes (just had to grab a couple things for the weekend), and I'm wrecked by pollen.  So is everyone else, the guy in the convenience store was in absolute misery. 

And, of course, I forgot to get allergy stuff.  😬

DoorDash it! Ending the misery for to be worth 6 extra dollars. Last year I made the mistake of buying the allergy medicine from Sam’s club. I’ll be good for the next 20 years assuming it never expires. Oh, what’s that? It does expire? **** me.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:52 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

DoorDash it! Ending the misery for to be worth 6 extra dollars. Last year I made the mistake of buying the allergy medicine from Sam’s club. I’ll be good for the next 20 years assuming it never expires. Oh, what’s that? It does expire? **** me.

Even if it expires, it's okay, just a little less potent (says mom, the nurse).  

We've got both pollen & humidity today.   This sucks. 

Though the NWS has a very slight chance of very scattered showers on Monday, all the models are currently rain free. Even if we had a pop up shower, it wouldn't last long. I currently think we should still be good in the DMV. Probably won't be 100% sunny for the eclipse, but we should be OK! Lettuce pray 🙏

Edited by Skins24

• 2 weeks later...

Huge Saharan dust blob cooling eastern Atlantic

A huge plume of Saharan dust is now visible on satellite loops coming off of Africa into the eastern Tropical Atlantic Ocean. This, combined with stronger than normal easterly winds of the Saharan Desert, is helping cool part of the far Eastern Atlantic, where the seeds for some hurricane season storms originate.

TROP-SAHARAN-DUST-FORECAST.gif?w=900

While the suspended dust makes for hazy skies and—when it falls down—can result in a very dusty ground over land, there is an upside. The haze blocks out the sun and helps cools the ocean surface.

That’s good because surface ocean temperatures in the main (hurricane) development region of the Atlantic have been running deep into record hot territory. The map below shows above normal sea surface temperatures in red, which is basically the whole Tropical Atlantic.

SST-ANOMALY.png?resize=876,492

Click on the link for the full article

11 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

too ****ing cold today and tomorrow

I shouldn't have to wear hoodie in late April 

gon head up to Baltimore tommorow it's gonna be 60 😂

You need to just get it over with already and move down to a country along the equator. 🤣

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1