Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

23 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Savannah/Hilton Head gonna catch one.

IMG_1251.jpeg

Yup, heading straight for us by most models. Last I saw, though, they were forecasting winds of only about 25-35 mph, with gusts up to 50-60, and 4-7 inches of rain. I’ll ride that out.

Nothing like Matthew a few years back that hit us head on. Our house sits atop a little berm, and the water from Matthew, that flooded all the streets and lots of homes, never reached our foundation, luckily. 

Decent thunderstorms here overnight and this morning though. Hope we get closer to the low end of the rain speculation. Also red moon high tides right now. 

They’ve already drained the lagoons on island to help sustain flooding events. 🤞Hoping for the best!

34 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Yeah, we got really lucky here on HHI. Storm took a more northerly track before coming on shore, which took the center about 30-40 miles west of us. Almost no rain after about 2pm, and winds were high, but nothing crazy. Still spent the past two days cleaning up outside.

Thank goodness, huh? Hurricanes are no joke. 

Waiting for one, is like being stalked by a turtle.

This next one, which will be Lee by Tuesday is definitely going to be between a Cat1-3. Just praying it goes north. We haven't recovered from IrmaRia.

• Like 1

Too ****ing hot out I best stay indoors all day 

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm about to have a potentially catastrophic weekend. Hope it goes north. Maria was on this path and dropped 50 miles the night she went from a TD to cat 4. 

Got the commanders party in DC Friday night hopefully it doesn't rain 

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Too ****ing hot out I best stay indoors all day 

Got the commanders party in DC Friday night hopefully it doesn't rain 

Last time a storm got this close to this island I went without power for almost 5 months and most people lost their roofs. 

• Sad 7