Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

We evaq'd to Atlanta.  Western eye wall  went over my house.  Neighbors went outside and got some cool photos.  No major damage in my county.  But lots of power out and trees down.  

Now bracing for trop storm in Atl!!!!

Welcome, and Hail...glad you're okay. 

Anyone heard from Larry or SWFL?

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

We evaq'd to Atlanta.  Western eye wall  went over my house.  Neighbors went outside and got some cool photos.  No major damage in my county.  But lots of power out and trees down.  

Now bracing for trop storm in Atl!!!!

Welcome, and Hail...glad you're okay. 

Anyone heard from Larry or SWFL?

55 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Having moved to ATL from JAX in '89, and was stationed/ lived in Jax for 5 years prior...

Just so everyone knows, there are only 2 rivers on the planet that flow south to north...the Nile and the St. John's.

Commonly repeated misconception.  There are MANY rivers worldwide that flow south to north - http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/riversno.htm

16 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Commonly repeated misconception.  There are MANY rivers worldwide that flow south to north - http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/riversno.htmUrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

If they can't spell Shenandoah correctly, **** 'em.  Seriously, they must not have cared about their results and its' importance on the scale of knowledge.

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, twa said:

DIsQLzKVYAAlPHu.jpg

"You have a choice Houston, starve to death...or eat vegan." (ENTIRE CITY OF HOUSTON TAKES A BIG SWIG OF WHISKY) "I'll see you in hell."

The single greatest thing that an individual can do to combat man made climate change is to go Vegan. Perhaps this is something that now Houston and the soft state of Texas will think about. Likely not I know. That type are more likely to believe that it's "god's wrath" than the science that warmer oceans are causing more and stronger hurricanes.

Oh and before anyone mentions "no politics" in this thread, I didn't see that admonishment to this post above, which has zero to do with the hurricane in Texas but rather just another attempt to take shots at Vegans. During a time of a serious crisis no less. No class. It's amazing how compassionate people make others clearly uncomfortable so you need to take shots at them because of your inadequacy.

To go Vegan takes three simple things. A brain, a heart and the willingness to use both. Sad most seem to be lacking at least 2 of these traits.

Oh and that food looks damn good. Good ideas for the next trip to Wegmans. So that picture wasn't a complete waste of time.

1 hour ago, scruffylookin said:

The single greatest thing that an individual can do to combat man made climate change is to go Vegan. Perhaps this is something that now Houston and the soft state of Texas will think about. Likely not I know. That type are more likely to believe that it's "god's wrath" than the science that warmer oceans are causing more and stronger hurricanes.

Oh and before anyone mentions "no politics" in this thread, I didn't see that admonishment to this post above, which has zero to do with the hurricane in Texas but rather just another attempt to take shots at Vegans. During a time of a serious crisis no less. No class. It's amazing how compassionate people make others clearly uncomfortable so you need to take shots at them because of your inadequacy.

To go Vegan takes three simple things. A brain, a heart and the willingness to use both. Sad most seem to be lacking at least 2 of these traits.

Oh and that food looks damn good. Good ideas for the next trip to Wegmans. So that picture wasn't a complete waste of time.

So you complain about people "taking a shot at vegans" by taking a shot at non-vegans? 

It was a JOKE.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I like to mix in about 5-6 vegan meals a week.

I shall now await condemnation from both sides.

Pick a side!  If you aren't with us, you're against us!

As an aside, Madras Lentils over some steamed rice, with just a splash of hot sauce is a nice, quick, warm meal on a cool fall evening...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1