Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

And now, the Euro has it making landfall on the west coast of Florida.  Cape Coral and Tampa would get slammed.  Hoping people have been evacuating those areas, and haven't been taking in family and friends in from the Miami area - whom were playing "dodge the storm surge."  I think the north eastern gulf needs to stay woke due to this trend west.

post-20929-1504938484.gif

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I think the north eastern gulf needs to stay woke due to this trend west.

post-20929-1504938484.gif

I know I am.  I am about 90% packed to leave in my camper.  Truck gets filled up before it goes below 3/4.  Ive been riding the motorcycle as much as possible to preserve fuel.  What is bad is this is where a lot of people evacuated to.

The videos use Google Earth to simulate what the these storm surge forecasts would appear like in different South Florida neighborhoods. The height  above mean sea level for each simulation is shown in the titles. As local topography varies, these values translate to approximately 7-10 feet of water above ground in many areas according to the Storm Surge Warming forecasts from the National Weather Service.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-08/what-miami-could-look-sunday-morning

and don't account for wind/wave impacts

How many people end up dying in this storm depends entirely on how many people failed to heed the numerous warnings that have been issued for the better part of a week. With 10-15 foot storm surges and 150+ mph sustained winds, there won't be a man, woman, or land-based animal left alive in the Keys. 

• Like 1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10211816020014053&id=1176352023

Seen this? All the beaches here don't have sand on them. Bahamas the sand and water is gone. 

People don't realize that homes in the Caribbean are all built with steel beams and foot thick concrete because of storms. All the buildings were destroyed and we're built like shrlters.

Florida is ****ed.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

WTched it on the CWG feed KB.

i clicked your link pretty much knowing if was the same thing.  Funny ob, third comment down is a advert for "It".

Social media blows.

It's literally been a life saving tool during this crisis. As annoying as it can be, Facebook has been invaluable. 

It's pretty much the main source letting people know how serious the storm was and now for the rescue missions. As well as finding loved ones.

That video is 6 hours old and the water is coming back to them now. That's ****ing insane.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's literally been a life saving tool during this crisis. As annoying as it can be, Facebook has been invaluable. 

It's pretty much the main source letting people know how serious the storm was and now for the rescue missions. As well as finding loved ones.

I believe it.  Wading through the crap is tiresome though.  Instant info is great of course and for your life, it matters.  Glad you're ok.

• Like 1