Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Like Johnson hire. Money - years is perfect. He wants to prove himself the next two years and we didn't comit to much money. So even if he would not be starting it's okay.

Seems also about the time someone drafted this year could replace him if he goes off for a big payday netting the Redskins a comp pick.

About the same as all our signings this offseason.

So to summarize:

27 year old rotational DE: $3m/year

26 year old Starting DE: $5m/year

28 year old Starting NT: $4m/year

26 year old Starting CB: $8m/year

26 year old Starting SS: $2m/year

We hope.

I am happy we signed him and look forward to his potential, but too this point he is a Career backup and special team standout with one start under his belt.

I understand he was behind the best safety tandem in the NFL, he can't be considered starting caliber just yet.

He may not beat out Phillip Thomas or Nacho for the starting spot on our safety needy team? 

That's really "awesome" to you?

Maybe something's wrong with me because personally, I think that's a horrible thing to do to someone....

To the average person? Yes. Reid will have no problem finding a home. There's too many places, here or somewhere else in the country, that crave his brand of journalism and personality, specifically when it comes to this team.

So **** him.

That's really "awesome" to you?

Maybe something's wrong with me because personally, I think that's a horrible thing to do to someone....

And I'm not a fan of Reid but still.....

Of course it is.

Destroy your enemies.   Make them bleed.   And then they will learn.

As many say, Reid differs from the LEGION of Snyder critics.   If Snyder did this to hurt him, why would I give one bit of a **** exactly?   A horrible thing to do to someone is personally attack on minimal information in such a way as to build your life around it.   That's Reid.   Blowback hurts.

Now, as I said, I have ZERO clue if Snyder had anything to do with any of it.   I'm totally cool though if he did it in a way to maximize pain in Reid's life.   If that happened I assure you Reid will be a better human being for it once he comes through it.

That, I can't agree with. I definitely believe Reid is a douche who has done several people wrong, however I can't get behind hiring and firing him as some sort of game. If he didn't realize the hiring happened and when he found out decided he didn't want him on his payroll than that's understandable but if it's the other way around than no I don't think its funny or find any humor at all in it.

Dallas has very little cap space, so it's not like they can take on a ton of salary. Even if they sign Hardy to a one year deal, it has to be relatively cheap. Not to mention they have other players they may want to sign, Like Rolando McClain or Anthony Spencer.

Like how McC has managed the offseason so far. Smart deals for low money or outs is the player gets in trouble. Looks like he's mapped out a plan that will take a few offseasons.

As far as Reid and 980. The idea of that show was bad in the 1st place. But if he was fired for being a hater when Loverro is just as bad, its just nobody reads the times.....doesn't make sense. 

Still, if Steinberg and Sally Jenkins are the two going to bat for Reid on twitter today. Then I'd say he doesn't have the right kind of allies already.

I know this has been floated before, but I am still looking at Tashaun Gipson 2nd round tender. I wonder how he stacks up against potential rookies in the coming draft - I know it would seem like a old redskins move but the guy is 25 and just coming into his own. We would have to pay monumental amounts of money for him to lure him away.... but would he be worth an OTT contract - or at least sniff around him and force the Browns to pay him more than they want to.... 

I do not really see a starting FS in the guys left in FA. I would like to see Thomas out there but he seems to be pegged as a strong safety. I also wonder if anyone remembers a story about this time last season that noted Amerson was listed on the Redskins team page as a S. I know Kiem has dismissed this but I remember the knock on him coming out of collage was he was more of a zone guy than a press corner (which he seems to have become). Would it be worth looking at that kind of switch if we also brought in some more bodies on the outside. 

The other guy to keep an eye one would be Courtney Bridget... as guys on the roster... 

Until then? We may have some "needs based drafting" In conjunction with a BPA mindset.

Just my guess...

No such thing. If you're drafting for need then you obviously take the "BPA of Need"...otherwise you draft BPA period.

lol, I would complain.  If we want our defense to drastically improve over last year, we need an OLB with elite pass rushing skills to complement Kerrigan.  I'm not convinced Murphy is anymore than decent depth.

How many teams can you name right now with two all-pro OLB's??

I hope people are also accepting that Allen played a role in those numbers...I still see the stupid "harvest festival" comments associated with him, as if he's inconsequential now that Scot M is here.

Thanks for touching on this Cali. The vast majority of the fanbase is missing this point. I was just explaining this to a buddy of mines after the JJ signing. SM is getting all the credit and he deserves a ton of it. But the fact of the matter is BA is still the numbers guy. SM is the personnel guy. So even if SM is getting these players here, BA still has to work the numbers with the players' agent. BA tried to lead the personnel role last season. That is not his strength and it showed, blatantly. Kudos to him for understanding that and acting on it. Snyder deserves some credit in this is well. Even if his role is very minimal, that means he's doing so much more by doing so much less.

Of course SM will get all the credit from now and moving forward, but the reality is (Deep Gasp Here)

The Washington Redskins are actually looking like a team with a fully functional and very competent front office right now.

Dallas has very little cap space, so it's not like they can take on a ton of salary. Even if they sign Hardy to a one year deal, it has to be relatively cheap.

Yeah, but Im sure they have a few players they can restructure.  Mannnn, I really wish we'd ****block dallas, swoop in and sign Hardy. I BET you we'd be able to bring him in at on a reasonable contract. Carolina fans sick that Hardy is leaving.

I dont care about players negative PR. We've won 7 games in 2yrs. Thats the negative PR I care about.....

If Gipson can be had on a 2nd round tender, I would entertain that very strongly.

He's gonna be only 25.  He's a pro-bowler.  I get that he'd cost us, but holy crap he would lock down the back end for 5 years easily.

I'd have to crunch the numbers, but if there's cap room available for him, you have to strongly entertain the concept, especially since the present draft doesn't have any really strong FS candidates.  Top guy is like Prewitt in the late 2nd, early 3rd.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

Likely why #Redskins showed little/no interest. Turns 32 today MT @SI_DougFarrar: 3 years, $21 million for Tramon Williams from the Browns.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 3m3 minutes ago

#Redskins have a lot of bodies at SS (Jeron, Duke, Phil T, T-Rob) & while those guys CAN play FS, they r better at SS. No sure answer @ FS.

Articles posted in BRBN on the Jeron Johnson

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 8m8 minutes ago

Jeron Johnson has played 267 snaps on defense in 4 years in the NFL. That’s about 4 games worth. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

And I'm not defending J Reid. I just don't really believe Snyder "found out late" and axed him the day before the show aired. That's too much of a coincidence for me. If people are saying J Reid deserved to get screwed over like this, OK - that's up to you. I just don't agree that because a guy is a jerk, you hire him away from the platform where he expressed his displeasure, then fire him before his job starts. Just don't hire him in the first place (and I just can't believe one of Snyder's most publicized critic was hired without Snyder's knowledge).

Rumor was, Snyder gave JLC a great recommendation to the NFL Network to get him out of DC. So, on one side, he recommends his worst news enemy for a huge job upgrade, and on the other he hires his new worst enemy and then fires him out of spite.  Sounds like we have a slightly skewed image of Snyder. 

To the average person? Yes. Reid will have no problem finding a home. There's too many places, here or somewhere else in the country, that crave his brand of journalism and personality, specifically when it comes to this team.

Yeah, I don't see Reid as having a problem finding a job. The WP is one of the higher profile newspapers to have worked for (outside of New York) and people regularly get better jobs from here. Hell, he'll probably make more money somewhere else just due to the decrease in cost of living just about anywhere outside of DC.

My only curiosity is, why was he stuck at the WP for so long (like Mike Weis who sucks)? If he was any good at what he did (an not just a rabid Skins basher) he would have gotten the position that Keim scored at ESPN. For goodness sakes Keim was just working at the Times.  JLC was terrible and he got a bigger job relatively quickly.

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 13m13 minutes ago

#Redskins Officially Sign S Jeron Johnson To A Two-Year Deal http://bit.ly/1FqE8D3

My only curiosity is, why was he stuck at the WP for so long (like Mike Weis who sucks)? If he was any good at what he did (an not just a rabid Skins basher) he would have gotten the position that Keim scored at ESPN. For goodness sakes Keim was just working at the Times.

Keim is 20x more of a reporter than he is.

Will Compton @_willcompton 1m1 minute ago

270a.png@Railbob2: Top 15 Redskins performance pay increases http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=washington-redskins&i=TWT&id=16009&w=1eyix  - well done 2 @TMurphy_93 n @_willcompton earned every penny”

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 7m7 minutes ago

The tires on him are flat. Would just hurt foot. RT @Jig1304: any chance they kick the tires on Jake Long?

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 42m42 minutes ago

So @AdamSchefter tweet on Tim Tebow/#Eagles at 8,000 RT in 15 minutes. You can't really complain when he dominates your TV for next 24 hours

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 10m10 minutes ago

@bmcnally14 Yep. ESPN gives the people what they want.

Archived