Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Here comes WJFK acting like 6 year olds again "your station for unbiased sports coverage". If your rival station does something silly/stupid just let the action speak for itself instead of gloating.

They're about to have a whole segment about 980 at 10:50.

Pretty pathetic IMO

I hope he does.  Every time I read comments on PFT and other sporting forums about football in general, it seems like the consensus by other fans is he's a bust.  Most NFC East fans have already written us off because they think he's bust.  It's pretty crazy considering he's only been in the league for three years.  It took Eli four years to get things rolling in NY and Matthew Stafford first two years in the league were plagued with injuries.

I think a lot of it has to do with the eye test. A test which Robert has been failing over the past 2 years imo

This Man Cave fiasco is just more evidence that Dan Snyder is a terrible, meddling owner.

He has endured 1000 insults on the radio station that he owns.  And hasn't said a thing, and hasn't meddled at all.

In this particular case, he probably found out late what was going on, and then finally meddled, because it's honestly bad business to have a member of your organization piss on the organization over and over and over again.

Criticism is fine.  Personal attacks are not.  

I'm personally fine with this particular meddle.  If I owned a radio station, and they wanted to hire a guy who was just going to attack me all the time, I wouldn't let that happen either.

Post#1...is that you Jason?

Ha.  Probably not, but if true, classic. 

Go write multiple articles about how bad your boss is and tell me how long you keep your job...

I had a friend contradict our boss (who, btw, was AWESOME), in public, and found himself in purgatory for 6 months before he atoned for that particular sin.  Could have been fired, or at least shipped away.  

The person responsible for making those decisions is out of a job as well.

Chuck must not have wanted to back down.  I would imagine that he was fired for 2 reasons:

1. Not backing down,

2. Thinking that this was a good idea and not having the sense to run this particular topic up the flag pole.  

Here comes WJFK acting like 6 year olds again "your station for unbiased sports coverage". If your rival station does something silly/stupid just let the action speak for itself instead of gloating.

Pretty pathetic IMO

Eh, maybe.  

But, in another way, if your opponent makes a stupid move, and you have some way to take advantage, that's your prerogative.  

And I'm ok with that.  I happen to not care so much for the Junkies, though I like Grant and Danny.  And Chad Dukes is now passable radio since Lavar left.  

Not a huge 106.7 fan, but if they want to take advantage of a little dysfunction, great.

Other side of the coin is thta they are giving free advertising to their competitor.  Which is generally not a good thing.  

Pretty pathetic IMO

Then they should openly criticize their boss to the degree Reid did of Snyder and see how long they last...

ConnSKINs......I'm done.  We disagree, so be it.  May we draft 7 WRs across 7 rounds if that's Scot's BPA!   :)

It's obvious from this quote that you don't understand how "BPA" works, because you are looking at it in too simple a way.

It doesn't mean taking the person at the top of your draft board when it is your turn to pick, no matter the position.

It means taking a player you feel is talented, will make it the league, and will contribute to your team's success for years to come. It is known as "stockpiling talent". That is how you work a draft. Stockpile talent, then after several years and several drafts, you have a talented team with good players (God willing).

"BPA" means you do not reach for need, because that player may be talented enough, not good enough to make it in the league. All your doing is filling a shopping list, a quota, giving yourself temporary mental ease. When really what you are doing is reaching and taking an even greater gamble.

The way to work a draft is to stockpile talent. Some may feel that with the DL we've gotten in FA, we don't need more. But if Leonard Williams is still sitting there a #5, you take him. Whether we need a safety or a RT more or not.

That is the best way to conduct a draft.

Couple examples of good BPA:

- Leonard Williams falls to #5. He's the #1 or #2 player on your draft board. You don't need him ... the DL is stout right now and you have bigger holes, particularly on the OL and Secondary. Passing on Williams would be idiotic. Hatcher is likely here for one, max two more years. Williams would not only provide great rotational play this year, but would be the long-term, cheaper replacement for Hatcher (at least in years 3 & 4). Because Williams is many folks #1 player, and DL was a big issue heading into FA (not anymore), people are 100% behind and actually rooting for the pick, despite DL being pretty stout.

- OLB Gregory/Beasley/Fowler ... depending on how they stack up. OLB isn't an obvious need despite losing 'Rak. Yes, we went Murphy in 2014 but outside of Murphy and Kerrigan, we have some potential but not anything pushing top-end caliber. I think many on here understand the importance of a good pass-rush, so this too, get's a bit of a pass.

Where people start to freak a bit is at WR. I think that's primarily because we've all heard how McC builds the trenches ... focuses on the meaty guys and doesn't tend to draft skill guys very high. So folks on here feel okay justifying DL or OLB because our defense was so bad ... and those follow McC's draft history a bit ... but WR doesn't scream position of need in 2015 ... but by 2017 our Top 3 WRs currently on our depth chart could very well be off the team. So Cooper/White could make sense ... but because WR is A) not a dire need and B ... doesn't fit McCloughan's track record ... people freak out.

But in the end, Jackson/Garcon/Cooper is a potent WR tandem. And in 2017, if Jackson/Garcon are gone, and Cooper pans out, no one will be looking back and complaining about that draft pick. Chances are, if McC is as good as advertised, we will come out of this draft with one solid OL and one solid DB and quite a bit of talent elsewhere ... and if that means we pass on some dire needs and go WR at #5 ... that's cool with me!

If we ended up going:

1st: Amari Cooper, WR Bama

2nd: AJ Cann, OG South Carolina

3rd: Quentin Rollins, CB/FS Miami (OH)

4th: Henry Anderson, DE Stanford

5th: Max Valles, OLB UVA

6th: Sam Carter, SS TCU

I don't think too many here would complain ...

I'm personally fine with this particular meddle.  If I owned a radio station, and they wanted to hire a guy who was just going to attack me all the time, I wouldn't let that happen either.

So we've agreed that he's a meddling owner.  Then the other question is has he been a good owner or bad.  Given the history of the franchise since he bought it, I'd say he's been bad.  Very, very bad.

It's obvious from this quote that you don't understand how "BPA" works, because you are looking at it in too simple a way.

:

:

:

That is the best way to conduct a draft.

It's obvious that you don't understand what a joke is, which that post was.  I understand how BPA works and I'm not debating this again with you or anyone else.  Just let it die and let's all just move on.

So we've agreed that he's a meddling owner. Then the other question is has he been a good owner or bad. Given the history of the franchise since he bought it, I'd say he's been bad. Very, very bad.

And what does this have to do with the J Reid situation?

I agree with BPA in principle and drafting BPA when you have a full team is mostly a wise approach.

The problem is that we dont have a full team. We have many (less now) gaping holes. I think GMSM is doing his best to fill those holes, which in turn puts us in better position for the draft. But we are not GB at this point.

I think a hybrid approach will be required and that "pure BPA" will be leveraged in a few years once the roster is rounded out and strengthened. Until then? We may have some "needs based drafting" In conjunction with a BPA mindset.

Just my guess...

Scott, like most teams will pick the BPA on their respective boards.

We don't know where any team grades any prospect...we can only guess at what the consensus is or use our opinions. So we can't objectively say who is or isn't the BPA.

And only time will tell which teams evaluations were right.

Personally I don't think there is much separation after Winston, Williams and Cooper. I think the prospects after them are pretty much interchangeable from Fowler to Scherff.

Uh Oh, BPA arguement.....Round 83  LOL......

Takes two opposing sides to argue and I did enough of that last night.  I'm throwing in the towel :)  

What little time I have during the work day to post I'd rather spend not arguing with people on here about BPA or drafting a WR at #5.  They can feel free to post as many reasons/scenarios as they like though :)

Takes two opposing sides to argue and I did enough of that last night. I'm throwing in the towel :)

What little time I have during the work day to post I'd rather spend not arguing with people on here about BPA or drafting a WR at #5. They can feel free to post as many reasons/scenarios as they like though :)

So lets talk about something else. Your choice! Im done with BPA also.

And what does this have to do with the J Reid situation?

Everything, actually. For those of us that have studied his career, most of which is outside of football, this isn't surprising at all. Pretty typical for Snyder.

What's worse, being a petty jerk and hiring and firing a guy just because he was critical of your franchise? Warranted criticism, by the way. Or is it worse that you are so incompetent that you caught wind of who was hosting a morning drive radio show on your own station only days prior to it's debut?

I like to check out Charlie Campbell's mock drafts over on WalterFootball ... his 5 round mock draft appears to be purely needs based ... but it's hard to really blame him ... or any mock drafter ... since that's the easiest way to determine where players will go since not every team does pure BPA. But either way ... he has:

1st: Scherff, RT Iowa

2nd: Holliman, FS Louisville

3rd: Mauldin, OLB Louisville

4th: Gaines, CB Louisville,

5th: Artis-Payne, RB Auburn

Now Walter only has a "big board" listed through 92 ... but Scherff = #15 ... Holliman = unranked (below 92) ... Mauldin = 68

So Mauldin is really the only one that fits potential BPA as being a +1 ... Scherff is -10 and would be a the defniition of a reach by this big-board ... and the Holliman pick ... going with NEED at FS at 38 for a player ranked as a 4th rounder (by these standards) ... again a definition of drafting for pure needs basis ... 

This is a good argument on how NOT to draft. 

Everything, actually. For those of us that have studied his career, most of which is outside of football, this isn't surprising at all. Pretty typical for Snyder.

What's worse, being a petty jerk and hiring and firing a guy just because he was critical of your franchise? Warranted criticism, by the way. Or is it worse that you are so incompetent that you caught wind of who was hosting a morning drive radio show on your own station only days prior to it's debut?

You really think JReid was innocent in all of this? There's writers who won't have anything to do with him because he's tried to pick fights with them in the locker room. Ryan Clark even brought it up when he was picking a fight with him on Twitter. JReid is a tool and karma finally caught up with him.

Not sure how anyone thinks the J Reid situation isn't an obvious ploy by Snyder to screw over his biggest hater in the media.

This isn't about defending Snyder. Snyder has more than earned the criticism he's received and still receives. This is more about people acting like Reid is an innocent bystander, he's not. He's a douche and has been one for quite some time. The best part about all this "Snyder hates criticism" stuff is the fact that Reid will quickly block anyone on Twitter whom dare criticize him, even if it's done without using profanity.

So we've agreed that he's a meddling owner. Then the other question is has he been a good owner or bad. Given the history of the franchise since he bought it, I'd say he's been bad. Very, very bad.

I'm FAR from a Snyder supporter.

But he's stayed out of the radio operations this far.

If he wants to put his foot down and say that JReid, who's made personal attacks at him, won't be in his payroll or in his airwaves, I have no issue with that.

Why enable a guy who's bern an ass to you and your franchise.

And it's not like the rest of the guys on 980 are singing Snyders praises. They're all extremely critical of him, Bruce, Jay, everybody.

Archived