Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

All glory to the man above!!! #FreshStart #HTTR @ Redskins Park Training Facility https://instagram.com/p/0TOtpwGXl-/

Adam Carriker @AdamCarriker94 11s11 seconds ago

Give it all you've got now...you can die later.

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 2m2 minutes ago

"Coaches want to help players out, keep their name circulating and on the burner...I don't think Chip is looking to add Tim" - Louis Riddick

Zack Moore @ZackMooreNFL 53s53 seconds ago

The Patriots have lost Vince Wilfork to the Texans. That Texans front-seven is pure WHOA now.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 2m2 minutes ago

So Tim Tebow is working out for the Eagles today. More in #NFCEast Intel | http://redsk.in/1AOXqfl 

CAPik-SU0AA9u7E.jpg

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 12s12 seconds ago

I'll never forget Tim Tebow's workout at #Redskins Park prior to 2010 draft. He walked right by Mike Shanahan media session--no one noticed!

NFL Philosophy @NFLosophy 20s20 seconds ago

Someone good with Photoshop needs to help @Jus_Showoff with fixing his Twitter header pic.

Keim is 20x more of a reporter than he is.

I agree, that was sort of my point though. If Snyder wanted to fire everyone involved for putting together that show, it would have been justified because Reid SUCKS. It was a TERRIBLE idea.

Who in their right minds would want him on their station?

If he were any good, he'd have found a bigger gig by now. Instead he's like the guy who graduated 5 years ago coming back to the fraternity house to hang out and "show new guys the ropes", not because he's got no where else to go.   :lol:

But, again, he worked for the WP so you'd think he'll have offers just based off of his resume.

I'm not worried about the guy, I just hope he finds a good job somewhere far away from the Skins....like Egypt.

So we've agreed that he's a meddling owner.  Then the other question is has he been a good owner or bad.  Given the history of the franchise since he bought it, I'd say he's been bad.  Very, very bad.

Meddling up until the point he brought in Shanahan. And now Bruce as the Pres. and Scot as the GM, he is in the Bahamas. Given the history of the franchise since he bought it? Don't fool yourself this is a business, and he has made money, lots of money. Do I like him? No, not really, but I have enough sense to understand it's a business first, the radio station or the team. 

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 4m4 minutes ago

The #Redskins may not be done yet, Gresham a few running backs & a few others make sense. Regardless I love the start to the McCloughan era

TK @TKextremeskins 34s35 seconds ago

Press Release: #REDSKINS SIGN S JERON JOHNSON - The Stadium http://es.redskins.com/topic/387631-press-release-redskins-sign-s-jeron-johnson/ 

From a football perspective, great move for them.  Don't want to see that.

Eh, he doesn't scare me.  He's the type of DE that is a one trick pony who does nothing but rush the passer.  Run it down his undersized throat and you take care of him.

I know this has been floated before, but I am still looking at Tashaun Gipson 2nd round tender. I wonder how he stacks up against potential rookies in the coming draft - I know it would seem like a old redskins move but the guy is 25 and just coming into his own. We would have to pay monumental amounts of money for him to lure him away.... but would he be worth an OTT contract - or at least sniff around him and force the Browns to pay him more than they want to.... 

I do not really see a starting FS in the guys left in FA. I would like to see Thomas out there but he seems to be pegged as a strong safety. I also wonder if anyone remembers a story about this time last season that noted Amerson was listed on the Redskins team page as a S. I know Kiem has dismissed this but I remember the knock on him coming out of collage was he was more of a zone guy than a press corner (which he seems to have become). Would it be worth looking at that kind of switch if we also brought in some more bodies on the outside. 

The other guy to keep an eye one would be Courtney Bridget... as guys on the roster... 

I've thought about it.  While tempting, I'm not sure I want to give up the pick.  Sure, he's young and a pro-bowler, but at this point, we aren't contending, so I'd rather keep the pick and let Scot build on the foundation of the team and suffer at the free safety position one more year if need be. If we were a better contening team (like 9-7, 10-6) I'd be more tempted, but I'd rather Scot stay the course and build the team up first.

Tim Tebow has come and gone from Philadelphia. Team is not planning to sign him at this time. We'll see if anything changes.

@AdamSchefter Booooooooo

Regardless of the #Redskins crowded SS spot I still think they are interested in Mays to play that hybrid LB/S role on passing downs

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell ‏@SalaryCap101 1m1 minute ago

For some teams, utilizing the cap casualty/SFA market is part of a broader roster building philosophy tht emphasizes comp picks & the draft.

To be honest, I was hoping we'd start going this route immediately, but we didn't. I will definitely defer to Scot here, though, and acknowledge the fact that we really didn't have any guys to lose outside of Orakpo who would've net us much in the way of comp picks.

To be honest, I was hoping we'd start going this route immediately, but we didn't. I will definitely defer to Scot here, though, and acknowledge the fact that we really didn't have any guys to lose outside of Orakpo who would've net us much in the way of comp picks.

Yep. We basically don't have enough talent to lose via FA.

Pot Roast next year and Johnson in two years could :)

Archived