Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 54m54 minutes ago

I see it's time for overreaction to the Chris Borland overreaction.

Jimmy Shea @jimmydshea 52m52 minutes ago

@BurgundyBlog Chris Borland overreaction? The guy wants to be able to function throughout life...god forbid.

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 50m50 minutes ago

.@jimmydshea I support Borland. The initial overreaction was that the NFL would end. The subsequent overreaction is that he doesn't matter.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 47m47 minutes ago

@BurgundyBlog @jimmydshea Wait, you mean the truth is somewhere in between and not at one extreme or the other? What a concept.

And if you spell it sdrawkcab it's "woN." 

So your point holds.

desufnoc ma I woN

I am loving the media created drama around the media with the "Man Cave" stuff.   

The Post article probably sums it up well with this paragraph.

Reid left no ambiguity about where he stood in his subsequent column: “Bruce Allen continued to tap dance Wednesday, sidestepping questions about how the Washington Redskins plan to improve after another wasted season. And although the team president and general manager vowed to re-evaluate the football operation and make changes, it appears the Redskins will remain on the wrong path as long as Allen is in charge.”

And, yet, not.

Reid's problem was always Reid's own stupidity.  

Because Allen won't answer your questions while clearly having something going doesn't mean nothing's going.   It's the arrogant presumption Reid has that Reid was entitled to something he never was as a man with minimal skill and value.   I sincerely hope Bruce or Snyder hosed the hoser :).

I don't care about the letter to his parents, yes he may have been thinking about it. But a 24 yr. old can change their minds in a hurry. 

He's not changing his mind if he really has done the research.  It's not just about concussions...it's about repeated subconcussive hits to the head. I really encourage everyone with a child to at least read up on CTE so you can make an informed decision about letting your kids play football/boxing.  Having more info on a subject never hurt anyone.

http://www.bu.edu/cte/about/what-is-cte/

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in athletes (and others) with a history of repetitive brain trauma, including symptomatic concussions as well as asymptomatic subconcussive hits to the head. CTE has been known to affect boxers since the 1920s. However, recent reports have been published of neuropathologically confirmed CTE in retired professional football players and other athletes who have a history of repetitive brain trauma. This trauma triggers progressive degeneration of the brain tissue, including the build-up of an abnormal protein called tau.  These changes in the brain can begin months, years, or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.  The brain degeneration is associated with memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, and, eventually, progressive dementia.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/concussion-watch/76-of-79-deceased-nfl-players-found-to-have-brain-disease/

As the NFL nears an end to its long-running legal battle over concussions, new data from the nation’s largest brain bank focused on traumatic brain injury has found evidence of a degenerative brain disease in 76 of the 79 former players it’s examined.

The findings represent a more than twofold increase in the number of cases of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, that have been reported by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ brain repository in Bedford, Mass.

He's not changing his mind if he really has done the research.  It's not just about concussions...it's about repeated subconcussive hits to the head. I really encourage everyone with a child to at least read up on CTE so you can make an informed decision about letting your kids play football/boxing.  Having more info on a subject never hurt anyone.

(edited) 

The findings represent a more than twofold increase in the number of cases of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, that have been reported by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ brain repository in Bedford, Mass.

Fascinating, thanks. 

Quinton Couples was most likely the best DE, (overall and BPA) on the vast majority of teams boards in 2012.  They went with Irvin, who obviously was higher on their BPA list than Couples (and had a mid/low 2nd round draft grade) and Couples went #16 right after to the Jets.  

According to who?  Certainly not the Seahawks. Just because Mel Kiper and Todd McShay say it was a reach doesn't mean other teams feel that way.  For all we know (which isn't much) 20 teams had Irvin as a mid 1st round grade.

And, yet, not.

Because Allen won't answer your questions while clearly having something going doesn't mean nothing's going.   It's the arrogant presumption Reid has that Reid was entitled to something he never was as a man with minimal skill and value.   I sincerely hope Bruce or Snyder hosed the hoser :).

Art, did you know any more about the situation in the locker room between Reid and Tony Wyllie that Ryan Clark spoke about but never went into detail with?

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 14m14 minutes ago

Stevie Johnson will sign with Chargers per sources.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 13m13 minutes ago

I'm told in the end, it was a tough decision for Johnson but it was about his family. #Chargers

NFL statement from Jeff Miller on Chris Borland

CATqbCEU0AAVdts.jpg

And, yet, not.

Amen to this.

His behavior at the McCloughan presser, from what I heard, was unprofessional and embarrassing.  

Amen to this.

His behavior at the McCloughan presser, from what I heard, was unprofessional and embarrassing.  

Not the 1st time he's been accused of being unprofessional (he has repeatedly gotten into arguments with other reporters, correct?)

What did he do at the St. McCloughan presser?

Art, did you know any more about the situation in the locker room between Reid and Tony Wyllie that Ryan Clark spoke about but never went into detail with?

Oooohhhoohhhhh please yes...would like to hear this as well.

Not the 1st time he's been accused of being unprofessional (he has repeatedly gotten into arguments with other reporters, correct?)

What did he do at the St. McCloughan presser?

Apparently he was yelling "This isn't going to work either!" at the press conference.  

He also made references to Scot's drinking in his article--if I was GMSM I would have punched that guy in the mouth.

Clearly the guy had an axe to grind. If that's the case, stop acting like a member of the media and become a talking head ala Rush Limbaugh.  

Oooohhhoohhhhh please yes...would like to hear this as well.

Apparently he was yelling "This isn't going to work either!" at the press conference.  

Clearly the guy had an axe to grind. If that's the case, stop acting like a member of the media and become a talking head ala Rush Limbaugh.  

I know precious little any more guys.   I do so little here or with the team I'm the worst guy to ask stuff like this because the stuff I do know still that I do hear I can't really say for a couple years when it's all safe and old news and no one can be impacted.   :)

Archived