Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

So, can anyone tell me why all of the Redskins beat reporters just followed Eliot Wolf, Director of Player Personnel for the Packers, on Twitter?

No Skins related information here, but here's some info about Wolf.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/eagles_request_to_interview_green_bay_packers_eliot_wolf_for_general_manager_job.html

Wolf is thought of as one of the best young minds around football, with Sports Illustrated's Peter King calling him the "brightest prospect among the young front-office" executives.

Asked the question on twitter.

He did post something this AM about concussions/health of players that didn't get nice responses.

They want to make sure they see the exact moment he gets sad when we get Highsmith after the draft.

I REALLY hope we get Highsmith after the draft.  Scot+Alonzo, now that's an F.O. crew.

I know precious little any more guys.   I do so little here or with the team I'm the worst guy to ask stuff like this because the stuff I do know still that I do hear I can't really say for a couple years when it's all safe and old news and no one can be impacted.   :)

You learned that from Mike Shanahan didn't you? B)

#Redskins have $11,904,081 left in cap space.

There is no agreement yet between Greg Hardy and the Dallas Cowboys -- yet being the key word -- but negotiations are ongoing.

Come on Skins, somebody swoop in and contact Hardy's people. Watch he ends up going to dallas for some cheap deal.

That's without the pool for incoming draft picks, so it shrinks even further for FA spending. I don't think we've restructured anything yet though, or still some cuts could be coming.

Some have speculated that Porter would be cut at some point now that we've signed Culliver, but I think cuts will only happen on an as-needed basis.  In that, we probably will only cut people if we need the cap space for them or if they are owed a bonus we don't want to pay them.

What are your thoughts on who on who the next FA target will be?

Might be out of the Redskins price range but I would love to see Stefan Wisniewski brought in. It's getting to be that time where players start signing one year prove it deals so there might be some bargains out there.If they could get some cheap one year deals I would also be interested in Steven Ridley, Jermaine Gresham or James Casey, Anthony Collins or Byron Bell, Justin Blalock, Greg Hardy or Dwight Freeney, and Stevie Brown. Certainly not all of the players but a few of them on cheap deals to compete. I know Freeney has too much age on him but he can still bring the pass rush if his his snaps are limited. I'm not big on the "we won't be competing for a few years" state of mind like some others are, I expect them to go compete for the playoffs every year.     

I know precious little any more guys. I do so little here or with the team I'm the worst guy to ask stuff like this because the stuff I do know still that I do hear I can't really say for a couple years when it's all safe and old news and no one can be impacted. :)

Art...been around for awhile but always curious what your professional link is? Harmless question. Like I said, just interested as a fan. Nothing else

Art...been around for awhile but always curious what your professional link is? Harmless question. Like I said, just interested as a fan. Nothing else

I have no professional link.   Never have.   Never will.

I was one of the original people who helped gain ES fans access to the team in return for the rights to host this board.   In the conduct of many years living the dream, I gained good friendships and heard great stories.   That role is now held down by others and I will go to a game or so here and there as I'm able, but it's pretty rare.   Life has changed.

I do still get some information through my past relationships and friendships and I have so many good memories and stories I slip in here and there, but for the most part, I'm just a dude living in Minnesota raising a family and loving the Skins.

I have no professional link.   Never have.   Never will.

I was one of the original people who helped gain ES fans access to the team in return for the rights to host this board.   In the conduct of many years living the dream, I gained good friendships and heard great stories.   That role is now held down by others and I will go to a game or so here and there as I'm able, but it's pretty rare.   Life has changed.

I do still get some information through my past relationships and friendships and I have so many good memories and stories I slip in here and there, but for the most part, I'm just a dude living in Minnesota raising a family and loving the Skins.

did you use your relationships to garner an invite on the party boat with Smoot in your home town?  ha ha

Always enjoy your posts and any stories or insights you have that we wouldn't/don't.

Nothing against McCoy, but this feels like having too many chefs in the kitchen at the QB spot, because you can point out pros and cons with all of the QBs.  It just seems to me that this complicates things because Gruden seems incapable of choosing a QB and sticking with them.  I hope we don't have another musical chairs scenario next season.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 25m25 minutes ago

Skins have indeed re-signed Colt McCoy, as @AdamSchefter reported. Will be interesting. Gruden had said 3 was too many for starting QB comp

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 27m27 minutes ago

McCoy technically counts as a FA signing... Do I have to write that one up?

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 28m28 minutes ago

Remember McCoy has the most experience of the three & despite the nagging neck injury, probably is most - ready to win NOW. #Redskins

@Russellmania980 Yeah, when I think Colt, I think “winner”. Wait, no I don’t.

Colt coming back creates a logjam at quarterback and unnecessary distractions.  Cousins HAS to be on his way out of town imho.  That could mean a 4th rounder is coming our way, or if we can find a desperate team (Cleveland perhaps) we could  land a 3rd.  This has been a good offseason and I'd hate to see it ruined going into OTAs by having two average QBs fighting over first man in that circle jerk.

Archived