Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

He talked about it in one of his early interviews, I recall the vibe I got is him saying he's a hard core purist in the first 4 rounds, then in the later rounds he gave the vibe that he can be open to filling a need if he skipped it in the first 4 rounds, didn't get the vibe that he becomes a pure need guy in round 5 down, but just that needs enter his mind if he skipped them in the first 4 rounds.

It was in the interview on 106.7 which doesn't have an audio vault that I know of...But I remember him saying rounds 1-4 BPA then after that you can start targeting players.

I don't recall him saying after round 4 we start drafting for need or start targeting positions; which seems to be the mantra I keep hearing in this thread and others.

And I took targeting players to mean when they have BPA that sticks out on their board available in those rounds they may start to maneuver around to be able to get them.

This is the problem with burning bridges, you never know when its going to come back to hurt you....

That is the lesson Jason is learning RIGHT NOW. 

How apropos.

This is like watching the media version of "Boyz in the Hood". Dan fires a bunch of people in the FO (burning bridges), which apparently got him a hell of a bad reputation in the NFL, DC, and the media in general.

In retaliation, the WP comes after Dan in just about every story written for his tenure as owner, JR being one of the very worst (burning bridges).

Dan (MIGHT HAVE) set JR up and fired him, leaving him jobless (burning bridges).

So, now someone might come after Dan for burning JR. 

Of course, there's a whole lot of bridge burning going on in between. (Dan vs City Paper, Blackfoot and Media vs Dan, and on and on)

"Yo, cuz, I know why you got outta the car last night... shouldn't have been there in the first place. You don't want that **** to come back to haunt you. I ain't been up this early in a long time. I turned on the TV this morning, they had this **** on about... about living in a violent world. Showed all these foreign places... I started thinking, man, either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood. Man, all this foreign ****, and they didn't have **** on my brother, man...I don't even know how I feel about it, neither, man. It just goes on and on, you know. Next thing you know, somebody might try and smoke me. Don't matter, though. We all gotta go sometime, huh?"

Day 70, don't get yor kilt in a roar, #nojobyet Has-watch, @Russellmania980

Chester the Molester.... more like Chester the Molested

Or Best Western Chester, providing comfort, relaxation, and free breakfast in the backfield

Best Western Chester, providing comfort, relaxation, and free breakfast in the backfield

I'd rather have Tom Hardy

Dude Bane would be an AWESOME...I dunno?  Strong Safety?

"Oh, you think the suck is your ally, but you merely adopted the suck. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the paloffs until I was already a man."

That is the lesson Jason is learning RIGHT NOW. 

How apropos.

This is like watching the media version of "Boyz in the Hood". Dan fires a bunch of people in the FO (burning bridges), which apparently got him a hell of a bad reputation in the NFL, DC, and the media in general.

In retaliation, the WP comes after Dan in just about every story written for his tenure as owner, JR being one of the very worst (burning bridges).

Dan (MIGHT HAVE) set JR up and fired him, leaving him jobless (burning bridges).

So, now someone might come after Dan for burning JR. 

Of course, there's a whole lot of bridge burning going on in between. (Dan vs City Paper, Blackfoot and Media vs Dan, and on and on)

Yeah I think Dan and the FO can live with people being critical, but Reid took it to another level.  I mean when you go to Allen's news conference and start telling Allen in his face you be fired and get very testy about it (a transcription doesn't do it justice) you've made a real enemy with the guy.

The FO can live with critical which is why BMitch is on the air.......and in the end he really wants the team to win. But making enemy's, I'm sorry they are just not going to reward you by giving you your own show. I really don't think this was Dan'a grand plan but once they started getting word of it and they were marketing the show they said no way.  Which is why Sapienza was canned as they said why would you put him on Redskins radio.

I'm really dislike talk of calling for people to get fired as people's livelihoods are at stake but this has all the makings of asking for.

Dude Bane would be an AWESOME...I dunno?  Strong Safety?

"Oh, you think the suck is your ally, but you merely adopted the suck. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the paloffs until I was already a man."

lol.........Props that was an AWESOME post......I figured a like wasn't strong enough.

Again, it all goes down to their final grades and who falls/is available when we pick. If they want to trade back, etc. Just trying to make the argument that OT/OG isn't a stretch, even at #5. Granted, if we don't trade back, I'd expect a pass rusher at #5. Purely my guess.

To take a pure RT/OG is actually quite a stretch. History says so. Regardless of GM. Listen, i would love for BPA to match up with the skins needs as much as anyone else, but this year it does not. It scherff was the next tyron smith, you would have a valid argument. But he is far from a left tackle prospect, so please. Just stop. And even smith was taken PICK 9.

To take a pure RT/OG is actually is quite a stretch. History says so. Regardless of GM. Listen, i would love for BPA to match up with the skins needs as much as anyone else, but this year it does not. It scherff was the next tyron smith, you would have a valid argument. But he is far from a left tackle prospect, so please. Just stop. And even smith was taken PICK 9.

I've calmed down, come around to the notion we may draft WR at #5, and while not liking it, will accept it and move on.  I realized how dumb and stupid I looked making a few comments out of pure frustration, etc.  But I'm still entitled to my opinion.  And you don't have to agree with it.  

And if you read my entire post, while I don't think it's a stretch at #5 (based on not knowing where Scherff will be graded), I said if we don't trade back (where trading back is the most likely option to take him later on in the draft), then I expect we take a pass rusher.

No need to nitpick every detail of my post, especially when I say, if we don't trade back, we likely go pass rusher.

Reid was kind of an asshole during the Allen end of season presser. A lot of us just don't remember because we were so pissed off at Allen and enjoyed the shooting gallery.

I also remember Reid saying something to Tony Wyllie as well during the conference. Cant remember what it was

As for the draft, I haven't scrolled through any of the fireworks that took place in here. Speaking for myself, I believe in some players being drafted as immediate and long term solutions, but view the draft and any potential selections with a long term viewpoint. Thats why im not against drafting a guy like Cooper if he's there.

The only thing im against, is drafting a QB with the top pick. Wouldn't mind the Ron Wolf strategy of getting a guy in the 5th 6th or 7th every year though. There are many different opinions on what to do and what not to do, but I think we can all agree that when looking at this team, there really isnt one position where we don't have a need.

When you look at it that way, you realize that when it comes to this team, bpa and drafting for need is really semantics

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 8m8 minutes ago

Wonder what McCloughan thought of Moses pre-draft? There are a lot of good RTs in this draft class.... wonder if Scot drafts his guy.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 21m21 minutes ago

Where do we start? Bad eyes, undisciplined, doesn't compete, shall we name more? RT @kwekuzimba: @Ziggy2126 Manny what are amersons flaws!!

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 13m13 minutes ago

If you argue with me about David Amerson and use his 2011 season in the discussion then you've officially lost my attention.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 19m19 minutes ago

.@TheRealC_Portis says he could bench press Vic Beasley. 1f4aa.png1f4aa.png1f4aa.png “Welcome to the gun show, baby." http://redsk.in/1GSKrO9 

CAU16ZOVIAA9ldB.jpg

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 3m3 minutes ago

Thinking, hypothetically, if the #Redskins trade back and draft Scherff it would make a lot of sense. Here's why:

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 3m3 minutes ago

He could fill an immediate need at RT, let Moses recover/develop kick inside and be an all pro G when Moses is ready. You could have a very

Solid young O-line with Trent/Scherff/probably someone not on the roster at C by then/Long/Moses. #Redskins

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 2m2 minutes ago

Lock up trent long term, and you've got your line signed for the next three years.

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 2m2 minutes ago

Obviously that's assuming Moses can develop into a starting caliber RT, like the coaches believe he can

NFL @nfl 1m1 minute ago

Post Free Agency Power Rankings: 1. @Seahawks 2. @Patriots 3. @Packers 4. @Colts 5-32: http://at.nfl.com/roF5y5x 

John Keim @john_keim 12h12 hours ago Virginia, USA

Folks, someone has opened a fake account on me and reported a #Redskins trade. Just be aware. I before e except after k.

arthur haszard @HapHaszard 5s6 seconds ago

@john_keim Thats what happens when your famous ;)

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports "nobody (is) buying" the Redskins' supposed interest in Oregon QB Marcus Mariota at No. 5 overall.

Per Robinson, the "belief" is the Redskins are trying to "simulate a trade ahead of No. 5," sending another player farther down the board. We certainly wouldn't be surprised were that the case.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 4m4 minutes ago

Colt McCoy one-year, Redskins deal $1.5 million, $150,000 bonus, $850,000 salary, $31,25 per game active roster bonus, up to $750K incentive

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 13s13 seconds ago

Last year, McCoy's base salary was $730,000 with $65,000 in bonuses.

Who is Justin Byram?

@Redskins writer & draft analyst for @HogsHaven & @SonofWashington.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet now3 seconds ago

On Greg Hardy: He’s still in Dallas, deciding between #Bucs and #Cowboys. He’ll make a decision later today, per @RosenhausSports

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago

Greg Hardy's taking a physical for the Cowboys today, which could be a sign a deal's close http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JyD

Archived