Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Ugh, I don't really want Crabtree, and I definitely don't like the idea of Crabtree precluding Cooper, who IMO is the superior of the two, is younger by far, etc. etc.

I don't think it does preclude, I think if there's no trade-down and Cooper is BPA it will be Cooper, but adding Crabtree to what we have just seems superfluous, Cooper or not.

We would probably need to cut someone.  Garcon, maybe?

I'd be alright adding Crabtree for the right price if we moved Roberts.  Roberts to Crabtree is an upgrade.  Others less so.

Still, I'd just say let it lie, barring incredibly cheap deal, and grab one of the draft guys.  This draft is gonna be amazing through the mid-2nd for WR, and there might even be some gems in the 3rd (Coates?), so no point paying anyone anything in FA.

Well yeah, but the idea is that you trade someone else's vision of a franchise QB for the opportunity to build a team in 2015 and, possibly under a new coach (or not) ... get Scot McCloughan's version of a franchise QB in 2016.

If Washington ends up with the 12th and 14th picks in the draft via Cleveland and Skins ... those two could be packaged to move up for a QB. But I see what you're saying. 

Or you could just get an extra 1st round pick in 2016 to use to keep building the team and maybe take a 2nd or 3rd round flyer on guy with upside ... 

Yeah, I was kinda playing devils advocate. Such moves are quite risky, and I don't know if GMSM is as much of a gambler as Vinny was. I'd rather give Cleveland a call and see if they'll give a 2nd rounder for Kirk. (Assuming truth in their offer of a first for Bradford)

Yeah, I was kinda playing devils advocate. Such moves are quite risky, and I don't know if GMSM is as much of a gambler as Vinny was. I'd rather give Cleveland a call and see if they'll give a 2nd rounder for Kirk. (Assuming truth in their offer of a first for Bradford)

Calling never hurts, but correct me if I'm wrong, didn't they offer us a 4th round pick last year for Cousins and Bruce wouldn't pull the trigger?  And that was with Kyle still on their staff.  Why all of the sudden would they give us a 2nd round pick for him?  

I don't think Bradford is worth a first round pick.  But I also don't think Kirk would fetch us anything higher than a 4th or 5th rounder at this point and I think that's pushing it.

What if you could trade down, draft the best player available who also is in an area of need AND save money by switching to geico right after receiving your state farm safe driver check?

That would be mayhem.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer  4h4 hours ago

Why would teams roll the dice with Greg Hardy? He's 26 years old, 27 sacks in his last 29 games. Guys like that aren't available much. ...

Burgundy Blog ‏@BurgundyBlog  Mar 16

I would prefer Greg Hardy not be in my division.

HTTR!

For the Love of God, somebody from our front office PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE go after Hardy....

Hold on let me make a call for ya...

Bet.....3yrs 18mill (5mill guaranteed).....same stipulations Culliver got. Off field incidents= No money.......tell him we got Kerrigan, Pot Roast, Paea, Hatcher and Top5 NT/OLB to help make his life easy....Make it happen Beast....

Hardy doesn't scare me with a healthy Trent Williams blocking him.

Doesnt mean he's not capable of taking our D from garbage to elite. Put him our D and if we happen to use that first pick on a defensive player, our D would be on BEASTMODE......

Yes.

Jason's incompetence is exactly what it is about.    Dan got it right, though I suspect he doesn't know where the incompetence lies.   Being as close to the story as he is, of course.

I know he reads here and may read this, but, I can say I have always liked Dan.   I always will.   I find him largely charming and funny and fun.   I'm glad he does what he does and hope he keeps doing it.   But, on this, blind defense of a friend is pretty pathetic waste of time and space.   That's not a badge of honor either.   I bet he knows it.

This is the problem with burning bridges, you never know when its going to come back to hurt you.

Jason is entitled to his opinions/criticism as a writer and ownership knows if things are not going well what they read or hear in the press is not going to be good.  Reid though made it his rampage to go on and on about the same stuff really to the point of being personal and asking for guys to get fired.  Then the Allen news conference which was widely panned, but everything that Allen mention became reality though the last thing he was going to give was specifics. I heard the news conference and Reid really made it personal and going on and on basically to the point of saying Allen should be dismissed........basically he was there just to pick a fight. As much as some dislike Allen this was over the top and people have long memories.

Then comes the Man Cave and as much as Redskins management stays away from the radio side (I mean they have BMithch who isn't shy about criticizing the skins) it's hard to image they were going to give Reid a pass, give him a show, and get paid on there dime no less.

Hardy hits all the checkmarks on the DO NOT SIGN list.

_X_ Expensive

_X_ Has character concerns

_X_ Comes from a different system

Sure, I'm sure he could be shoe-horned into the defense, but it's one of those fits where you're kind of doing a lot of work to get him into positions to succeed, as opposed to just getting decent, likely cheaper players who fit what we want to do.

More importantly, even at a discount he's going to demand high single digits (we're talking 9M a year minimum), and more than likely he's looking for double digit millions on his contract.  There are a bunch of other pass rushers who haul in 10M+, and Hardy is better than a lot of them.

Mix that with his past, and you've got a volatile, dangerous combination.

Yes, he's an awesome player.  No, he's not a good fit for us.

Let Dallas shell out mad money for him, and then we can all share a laugh when he's suspended for 6 games or something.

Bet.....3yrs 18mill (5mill guaranteed).....tell him we got Kerrigan, Pot Roast, Paea, Hatcher and Top5 NT/OLB to help make his life easy....Make it happen Beast....

For Hardy?

Heck naw.

That'd make him like the 50th highest paid pass rusher, when he's definitely, skillwise, top 10.  No way.  Someone would be lucky to grab him for less than 10M.

If he settles for less than 10M, it's probably a 1 year, prove-it deal.  Something like 1 year, 9M.

Hardy is a prototypical 4-3 DE. I dont know that he would want to come to a 3-4 team.

To be clear: I DO NOT WANT HARDY.

A 43 DE (pass rusher) still fits in a 34 because most teams are in nickel/dime defense ~60+ % of the time. Also Barry and Fewel are both known for playing more sub-packages then most defenses.

To be clear: I DO NOT WANT HARDY.

A 43 DE (pass rusher) still fits in a 34 because most teams are in nickel/dime defense ~60+ % of the time. Also Barry and Fewel are both known for playing more sub-packages then most defenses.

I dont disagree with the 60% dime comment. But Hardy can play 100% of the plays in the 4-3 instead of 60% in a 3-4. It appears we are going to a one gap 3-4 anyways. And he would be fine in that role. But I am sure he would personally prefer to play in a 4-3. It just makes sense for his size and abilities.

Bet.....3yrs 18mill (5mill guaranteed).....same stipulations Culliver got. Off field incidents= No money.......tell him we got Kerrigan, Pot Roast, Paea, Hatcher and Top5 NT/OLB to help make his life easy....Make it happen Beast....

He says Cowboys are offering two Cheerleaders as well and he wants to meet Obama

Is that what he said? I thought he said after 1-4 was BPA and then you can start to target players the rest of the draft. Which still wouldn't be drafting for need it would be targeting for value.

He talked about it in one of his early interviews, I recall the vibe I got is him saying he's a hard core purist in the first 4 rounds, then in the later rounds he gave the vibe that he can be open to filling a need if he skipped it in the first 4 rounds, didn't get the vibe that he becomes a pure need guy in round 5 down, but just that needs enter his mind if he skipped them in the first 4 rounds.

The way i took it is lets say free safety is an obvious need this year.  In the first 4 rounds, free safeties just didn't hit him as BPA.  In round 5, he'd stop being a BPA purist and if a free safety was available even if he is ranked slightly slower than a BPA, he might go that route. 

But again, I took it as him saying he doesn't give a thought to position when it comes to BPA in the early rounds but if there is a glaring need and he skipped it with the high picks, he will keep it in mind as he finishes the draft in the lower rounds.

John Keim @john_keim 4m4 minutes ago Virginia, USA

Folks, someone has opened a fake account on me and reported a #Redskins trade. Just be aware. I before e except after k.

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson 25m25 minutes ago

Also, nobody buying #Redskins taking Mariota at 5. Belief is Skins are trying to stimulate a trade ahead of 5, pushing another player down.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 35m35 minutes ago

Thanks much to new #Redskins Safety @Jus_Showoff for joining us on @ESPNRadio980 just now. Will have posted in the audio vault later.

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 37m37 minutes ago

@bigred0878: @cbaker92redskin @Redskins Hampton gets more players to the NFL than Penn St...” 4real???

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 40m40 minutes ago

@Jus_Showoff welcome to the squad bro #HTTR show him love y'all

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 48m48 minutes ago

@Redskins you know it lets go #HU IM on my honeymoon watching #Hampton lets goooooooo #theRealHU

Skins Squad @SkinsSquad 58m58 minutes ago

Skins haven't splurged in free agency in a hot minute yet we still have this stupid reputation. Scot will change all of that.

Ricky Jean Francois @Freakyjean99 1h1 hour ago

This weekend going to be fun. 1f603.png1f60e.png

CAVe5T8WsAAWxk0.jpg

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 1h1 hour ago

Chargers Could Be Serious About Moving Up For QB Marcus Mariota? http://bit.ly/1GZv7CL 

Howard Eskin @howardeskin 35m35 minutes ago

. @NBCdianna George Michael Would embarrassed with this kind of reporting. Your @TimTebow - @MattBarkley story makes no sense. Explain 80%

Archived