Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

If the Skins were to pick a receiver at 5 my preference would be Kevin White if he was there.  He's bigger, faster and plays angry.  Whatever GMSM do at 5 I'll be fine with it because he's the professional and I'm just a fan of the team!

HTTR!

White could be a beast, but he's very raw and runs terrible routes--that's the main reason people were surprised how fast he ran the 40, it doesn't show up most of the time because he's an inefficient route runner, he wastes movement. He can learn to fix that and be a beast, but Cooper is already a beast in his own right. Cooper is can't-miss, White could miss even though he might have a higher ceiling.

White could be a beast, but he's very raw and runs terrible routes--that's the main reason people were surprised how fast he ran the 40, it doesn't show up most of the time because he's an inefficient route runner, he wastes movement. He can learn to fix that and be a beast, but Cooper is already a beast in his own right. Cooper is can't-miss, White could miss even though he might have a higher ceiling.

I understand your position.

HTTR!

He's not Julio or Green necessarily, and he's definitely not Calvin. But I think he's definitely Watkins and he might be ODB, if less of an athletic freak. He's got the hands and the surprising polish for an incoming rookie, less ability to make the ridiculous circus catch but an even better router runner.

This. When you look at Cooper he makes it look easy. White's technique isn't as honed. Both are great WRs.

Cooper was doing things with his route running and hands off the line as a freshman that 3rd year NFL receivers struggle with (and some never perfect). He's a route-running prodigy and it's not hyperbole when you read the draftniks saying he's the most polished rookie WR perhaps ever.

Whoa. “@chris_buckle: Breaking from @OTLonESPN: 49ers LB Chris Borland retiring b/c of concerns about long-term effects of head trauma

Chris Borland is 24...let that sink in.

Safety concerns force Borland retirement http://es.pn/1LkvcnH 

Wow.  Borland's retirement is out of the blue and crazy.  He's so young.

I respect his decision though.  If he wants to live to be 80 or 90, a long career in the NFL probably isn't the way to go.

If anything is going to slow down or kill the NFL, it's probably retirements like this.

_________

I think I'd still take Williams over Cooper, but Benton has been super high on Cooper.  Says he looks like a future HOFer.  Obviously he's not completely serious, but the guys routes are crisp and he just approaches things like a pro.  I would not be concerned in the slightest if we took him.  We need to get in on the WR class of this year, and frankly, Cooper is the best of the bunch.  If we're gonna get a WR, might as well get the best.

Whoa. “@chris_buckle: Breaking from @OTLonESPN: 49ers LB Chris Borland retiring b/c of concerns about long-term effects of head trauma

Chris Borland is 24...let that sink in.

Safety concerns force Borland retirement http://es.pn/1LkvcnH 

This is becoming more and more of a theme. Players are retiring early and this might turn into a major issue for the league.

If the Skins were to pick a receiver at 5 my preference would be Kevin White if he was there. He's bigger, faster and plays angry. Whatever GMSM do at 5 I'll be fine with it because he's the professional and I'm just a fan of the team!

HTTR!

I've seen several times where you are touting him by saying he "plays angry." What does that mean? I'm asking a legit question because I'm not sure what you are getting at or if there's a backstory to this.

Just checked out Cooper's combine numbers and highlights. Not sure he should be the pick at 5. Doesn't wow me. I don't see Julio Jones or Odell Beckham or AJ Green.

Am I wrong? I want a superstar, wherever. Whether Dline or Oline, linebacker. Receivers make me nervous....

Don't think AJ Green, Julio, or Megatron. Think more like Reggie Wayne in his prime.

For people wanting to understand how teams scout players for the draft and build their draft boards this is a good read. Scott comes from the Green Bay school so its likely we follow the group meeting method of building grades and then use the horizontal draft board which does not use a true BPA grade but a grade releative to your existing roster. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/6/5473554/2014-nfl-draft-scouting-process-big-board

This is a good read for people thinking Scott drafts BPA. If he goes with the Ron Wolf method which is how he was taught its more BPA for need and not BPA.

I've seen several times where you are touting him by saying he "plays angry." What does that mean? I'm asking a legit question because I'm not sure what you are getting at or if there's a backstory to this.

Probably referring to his contested catch ability and his punishing YAC ability. Kind of a DT/Julio/Dez mindset rather than a more finesse Green type of receiver.

This is a good read for people thinking Scott drafts BPA. If he goes with the Ron Wolf method which is how he was taught its more BPA for need and not BPA.

We're going by what he specifically said in his introductory press conference and radio appearance afterwards---pure BPA through round 4, factor in need in rounds 5-7.

Understood...By that I mean he plays with a purpose.  A good example of an athlete that plays angry is Russell Westbrook...always in attack mode and just want to be the best player on the court.

HTTR!

Probably referring to his contested catch ability and his punishing YAC ability. Kind of a DT/Julio/Dez mindset rather than a more finesse Green type of receiver.

^

This.

HTTR!

I feel like between Cooper's finesse and White's intensity, I'd prefer Cooper's finesse.

There's just something about a calculating and efficient WR that makes everyone's life easier.  White is dangerous on the field, don't get me wrong, and if I need to go 80 yards in 1 play, I probably pick White.  But if I want to drive 80 yards 6-7 times a game, I pick Cooper.  If there's a hole in a zone somewhere, he'll hit it and get the ball REAL quick.

This is becoming more and more of a theme. Players are retiring early and this might turn into a major issue for the league.

I hate to be cynical but SF is heading to the basement fast.. I wonder how long this "retirement" may last..  I truly understand the concern, but this one seems different.

There's always going to be people who want to play football. The league is never going to die. Especially with its massive following. I mean we're talking about 4 or 5 guys retiring early out of how many?

I hate to be cynical but SF is heading to the basement fast.. I wonder how long this "retirement" may last..  I truly understand the concern, but this one seems different.

It's legit. He wrote a letter to his parents during training camp last year saying he was going to have a short career. It's been on his mind since he was drafted.

There's always going to be people who want to play football. The league is never going to die. Especially with its massive following. I mean we're talking about 4 or 5 guys retiring early out of how many?

Plus, let's be honest. Some of the poorest areas of the country are some of the most talented and rich in football culture, from high school through college, that isn't changing. For a ton of kids out there, it's the only potential path to wealth there is.

Archived