Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

yeah.. not sure even this draft has anything better than last even though we got the best of the bunch...

I think I read next year is good for tackles and safeties.

Amazing that a weak draft for oline produced 13 first round picks.

We got a guy at five, who was rated around 9. Giants at 9, got a guy who was borderline 1rst at all.

I think I read next year is good for tackles and safeties.

Amazing that a weak draft for oline produced 13 first round picks.

We got a guy at five, who was rated around 9. Giants at 9, got a guy who was borderline 1rst at all.

yep.. kept scherff away from the gmen which if anyone that payed attention knew they wanted.

and i heard about the good SAFs (to use an ES term) being available next year...  not like we don't need one now..  

with that said, any improvement will be good for this upcoming season... hoping for better the year after.. 

One of the biggest things I want to see from Scot running the show is just that, looking ahead to assess upcoming draft classes. It felt like a lot of picks were forced this year by teams needing players so badly they talked themselves into taking guys. Seems like Scot worked it as well as he could, picking from the best of this crop.

The Gmen typified this, taking Flowers once Scherff was gone instead of reevaluating the pick offerings, then trading up for LC because they needed a safety, regardless of whether or not he was a good candidate.

Source please.  That seems like a large number given only 10 extra yards to begin the drive.

Also, teams that return kicks are also more likely to have holding calls and fumble the return.

I confess ... I rounded up for conversational purposes ... and I probably miss read the graphic and took the number for score (TD or FG) instead of TD

http://www.nflstatsblog.com/2011/08/fun-fact-chances-of-scoring-based-on.html

that's actually not the site I originally found but what I did find was essentially the same ... probably different year(s) statistics 

Sounds like DJ Swearinger time in Houston is coming to an end. Should we entertain this guy. I know I liked him a coming out of college but haven't followed him much since.

They should work a trade for him now!  We should have drafted him on '13

D.J. Swearinger, 23, finished the 2014 season with 74 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INTs, 6 pass deflections, 3 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery TD in 16 games last season.

looks like Polumbus is signing with Atlanta. That moves us up to six free agents lost to four signed.

Feels like we signed way more than four. Did we only sign the three defensive linemen and Culliver? I know we traded for one safety, but didn't we sign the other?

Do some signings not count?

Ricky doesn't count, he was cut form the team as opposed to hitting free agency through the end of his contract. Dashon Goldson also doesn't count, as he was a trade not a free agent. Finally, I'm not sure if Michael Hill or Justin Rogers would count since they've not been on a regular season roster since 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

http://nfldraftdiamo...ety-trey-wolfe/

REDSKINS HAVE SIGNED FORMER FVSU SAFETY TREY WOLFE

Trey Wolfe who was cut early May by the Redskins is back.

We are learning they brought him in for a workout today and just signed him to a two year deal. 

Wolfe is a safety who played college football at Fort Valley State University. He had a short stint with the Seattle Seahawks as well as the Redskins.

Glut of strong safeties on the roster (though whether any of them are any good remains to be seen), so I'm guessing this dude's a FS?

actually he's a cornerback as far as I know.

I think most CBs who convert to safety tend to play free safety though

According to WP - Redskins sign nose tackle Jerrell  Powe, originally drafted in 2011 by KC out of Ole Miss. He is 6-2 and 332 played last season with Houston. Another big body for depth and rotation on the D-line.        

Archived