Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

I wanted to bump this so we would have an area to talk about other teams cuts and how they might fit on our team. So far the only one that interests me is Tim Jennings. The guy is an interception machine. And we could certainly use the help in our secondary.

Yea, he had a ton of interceptions last year... Oh wait, he didn't have any.

No thanks. He's a spot duty guy now and we already have a few tough cuts to make at the position.

Have our cuts been released? Any surprises?

Yes, and no real surprises.

Yea, he had a ton of interceptions last year... Oh wait, he didn't have any.

No thanks. He's a spot duty guy now and we already have a few tough cuts to make at the position.

Yes, and no real surprises.

Yeah. You are probably right. He earned his last contract though for sure. And we are looking to go younger anyways.

Lorenzo Alexander released by the Cardinals.

Give me Zo around the vet minimum as a LB that'll play special teams and I'd run to the table with a pen.

As much as I love Zo, I would've passed on this if Paul or Heyward stayed healthy. But with our two solid ST captains going down, we could use a stabilizing force like Zo.

Willie Smith getting cut in the first round is a bit of a surprise, but he really did have a TERRIBLE game in Detroit. Guess that mean Tom Compton's our back up tackle and tight end.

When you show that kind of a performance, I'm surprised he wasn't cut that same night or not allowed on the bus back.

Don't think 'Zo ever fully recovered from the lisfranc injury in '13, unfortunately, and at 32... he's slowing down. Leave the ST Captain spot to Akeem Davis and possibly someone like Bates...

Bringing on Zo on a vet min deal makes all the sense in the world. The only problem is he never played under this coaching staff/management so the personal ties aren't as strong but I know he's good friends with a lot of the current roster. No brainer, unless he's just not the same player.

How many LBs we have now?  My only concern would be making sure we retain Bates and Jeffcoat, but I am really thinking about this Lorenzo coming back deal.  We have been far worse on STs since he left and Zo was good with defensive snaps too.  Didn't he even get a few snaps on offense, or am I remembering that all wrong?

Have the Redskins announced the names of who has been cut so far somewhere? (I know someone said they had and no surprises, but 'surprise' is probably subjective.)

Finally Found it:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/392315-press-release-redskins-make-roster-moves/

For some reason I was expecting it pinned in a thread near the top.

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins placed the following player on the team’s Reserve/Injured list:

LB Junior Galette

The Redskins waived the following players:

TE Ernst Brun, Jr.

LB Dyshawn Davis

TE Chase Dixon

CB Tajh Hasson

LB Alonzo Highsmith

CB DreQuan Hoskey

WR Tony Jones (designated as injured)

K Ty Long

TE Devin Mahina

G Bryce Quigley

CB Trey Wolfe

The Redskins terminated the contracts of the following players:

CB Bryan McCann

T Willie Smith

With the moves, the Redskins’ active roster now stands at 75 players.

Willie Smith is gone! Yeah Not surprising.

How many LBs we have now? My only concern would be making sure we retain Bates and Jeffcoat, but I am really thinking about this Lorenzo coming back deal. We have been far worse on STs since he left and Zo was good with defensive snaps too. Didn't he even get a few snaps on offense, or am I remembering that all wrong?

I think you bring Zo in as your 9th LB/ST Ace. He takes the place of Hayward. ILBs are Robinson, Riley, Compton, and either Plummer or Spaight (with the other on the PS). OLBs are Kerrigan, Murphy, Smith, Jeffcoat (with perhaps Bates on the PS). I'm not that high on Bates, I think he'll be this years Gabe Miller. Jeffcoat can play. Zo gives us something we need more than a 5th OLB that won't see the field this year, he gives us a guy who can impact special teams coverage units and offset Forbath's inability to consistently kick it out the back.

Archived