Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Would love to see about Ron Parker... or maybe trade Amerson for Vacarro...?

Ron Parker is the only other safety in free agent I'm really interested in as someone who I think is a legit roll of the dice at Free Safety. I will say the Amerson for Vacarro notion is very intriguing.

Emmanual Benton ‏@Manny_PPI 1m1 minute ago

I now expect the #Redskins to sign an OT at some point. Lower end one to compete. I'm told they're setting up a few visits.

I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't really want us to go for a big name FA pick up on the offensive line. I don't mind bringing in a lower end cheap guy to compete and see what happens. Personally, I'd like to look at Anthony Collins. He failed in a bad situation in Tampa last season at LT, but I still think he could be viable at RT and has familiarity with Gruden.

I'm hoping we draft an early guard or tackle along with a mid to late round center.

Trent at LT

Laovau, Chester, Long, Ribs, [Draft Pick] compete for the two guard spots

Lichtensteiger at Center with the Rookie being groomed

Compton, Collins, and Moses compete at RT.

Something else that I can't seem to shake, Bruce essentially had DJax fall into his lap.  He wasn't released until a solid 2.5/3 weeks into last seasons FA period.  Still a plus that he was able to sign him based on last seasons performance, but a bit disturbing that they were satisifed with Roberts as a #2 and paid him like a 2, only to be later bumped by #11 on the roster.

I like what I've seen, but the oline and safety positions were a big concern.

True, but looking at some of the deals signed by offensive linemen, I'm wondering if standing pat with Compton and hoping Long slides in is really as horrible as some may imagine.

Something else that I can't seem to shake, Bruce essentially had DJax fall into his lap.  He wasn't released until a solid 2.5/3 weeks into last seasons FA period.  Still a plus that he was able to sign him based on last seasons performance, but a bit disturbing that they were satisifed with Roberts as a #2 and paid him like a 2, only to be later bumped by #11 on the roster.

Maybe he started prepping like a 3 once he found out he was a 3.  I mean, that's damning as well, but I think it's possible.

Culliver is the guy who hit a guy on a bike and then threatened the kid who tried to stop him from leaving the scene with brass knuckles....wonderful. I wonder how many games our $32 million splash free agent will be suspended if convicted of a felony?

Can you tell I'm not a fan of the signing?

What I read he did not threaten anyone with brass knuckles, he just had him in his car. He was doing donuts in his mustang, hit the median, then the cyclist. Tried to flee and someone followed him and trapped him somewhere. He did however hit the person's car when trying to get out from being trapped.

The DA is only charging him with the felony possession of brass knuckles. Seriously, brass knuckles is a felony there? And someone has brass knuckles in this day and age? Anyway, I think the kid was immature and did stuff that is stupid, but I do not think he cannot grow from it.

It appears to me that GMSM is doing a good job signing free agent players for the right price, but in the end, he was hired to help us draft better.  That's the only way I'll judge GMSM.  And I won't judge him this year either, since he hasn't hired his own guys yet.

Man, Culliver's history is worrisome.  While he might be a fine player, that stuff is some pretty serious red flags.

Just read the details of the hit and run and assault … not good at all. I’m really hoping he’s a different guy man. 

Like Knighton added to the line with Paea and RJF.  Culliver was a pleasant surprise. Sad to see Rak go, but I get it. D is starting to shape up but the lack of Oline moves has me slightly concerned (just slightly because I assume Scotty will be drafting some). No crazy off season championship moves but enough to say progress is being made.

I REALLY don't think some here have any idea what kind of impact a true nose can make in both a 3/4 front (if we were to utilize him as a 1-tech). We totally neglected that spot for years. Watch the difference if he's healthy.

I REALLY don't think some here have any idea what kind of impact a true nose can make in both a 3/4 front (if we were to utilize him as a 1-tech). We totally neglected that spot for years. Watch the difference if he's healthy.

That's what I've been saying since we switched to the 34.

Will not work without the bowling ball in the middle.

At last we will really see what our 34 looks like.

I think that the signings so far have been wonderful, I trust Scot 100%.

Just not the coaching staff or ownership...

Culliver is a huge jerk, but I really could care less honestly.  That guy can flat out play.  Knighton is good too especially for a deal worth only 4 million, I think he can get back in shape.  Even if he doesn't its not the end of the world.

If Stefen Wisniewski's offers dry up because he played with some teams too much, we should seriously consider going for him.  He wants a ton of money but the longer you stay in free agency, the less leverage you have (Knighton).

I like what I've seen, but the oline and safety positions were a big concern.

Here's a trick to help you sleep.

Offensive line wasn't as weak as you believe.   Chester, who most of us feel was a sheer dog, was actually ridiculously highly graded by the staff and, I think, was out team's best offensive lineman by actual performance in the role asked.   Because Williams was injured a lot of course.

In any case, the bulk of the pressure you saw RGIII under was because of RGIII, not the line.

It is doubtless the case we will improve this area and get a bit more beefy as that's a Gruden and Callahan thing, but, they do not view the urgency here you do because they understand they weren't quite the problem fans think because fans don't know what every player is supposed to do and the real fault is often not on the player you think.

Archived