Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 7/29/2019 at 10:10 AM, Mournblade said:

I would appreciate any opinions / impressions on the following games:

1. Battlefield 5

I love BF5, much different from previous BF games.  But I'm a BF guy so I've loved all of them.  It's better than BF1 but no way as good as BF 3 or 4.

Dear God.  This could be the best COD in 10 years.  They may have finally gotten it right.  And this new engine they're running...its the sexiest looking FPS I've ever seen.  

Can someone give an explainer on COD?  I know it's a huge deal, but like, whats a summary?  Do i have to interact with other humans?  How much time commitment?  Will I enjoy it if I never develop a high skill level?  Are there religious fundamentalists for me to nuke?  That kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.  -PB

1 hour ago, Chew said:

I love BF5, much different from previous BF games.  But I'm a BF guy so I've loved all of them.  It's better than BF1 but no way as good as BF 3 or 4.

Dear God.  This could be the best COD in 10 years.  They may have finally gotten it right.  And this new engine they're running...its the sexiest looking FPS I've ever seen.  

I could be wrong, but I SWEAR I’ve seen these very words from you before.  I mean I could be wrong, but I’m probably right.

Ill be getting it.  Kinda sad that there’s no blackout.

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can someone give an explainer on COD?  I know it's a huge deal, but like, whats a summary?  Do i have to interact with other humans?  How much time commitment?  Will I enjoy it if I never develop a high skill level?  Are there religious fundamentalists for me to nuke?  That kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.  -PB

You can play the single-player campaign if you'd like to roll solo, but the majority of the game, and its claim to fame, come from online multiplayer. 

You'd be interacting with douchebag adolescents, and douchebag adults like me.  

Skill and "twitch"/reaction times are a big part of Call of Duty, and you'll probably get destroyed until you get the hang of it.

Sure, you can kill ISIS soldiers and Russians in the single-player campaign, but killing raging squeakers online is a lot more fun.  

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I could be wrong, but I SWEAR I’ve seen these very words from you before.  I mean I could be wrong, but I’m probably right.

Ill be getting it.  Kinda sad that there’s no blackout.

I may have 👀

Modern Warfare gas a 100 player mode as well that has yet to be revealed. 👍🏿

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thanks in advance.  -PB

Their campaigns have always been good and full of Hollywood blockbuster type of moments. If you’ve never played COD before just be fully prepared to die every 15 seconds and get ****ed 3 ways to the weekend. It’s fun and addictive but you’re gonna have to play a ton before you start feeling like anything more than a practice dummy for the other team. It’s really fast paced, no health, no Shields. You’ll be shot and the time to kill is short so a lot of the time you’ll be killed and won’t even see the person or have any idea what happened. All anyone cares about is K/D ratio whereas BF and others are more objective based. If you are playing COD you are doing it for those 50/2 K/D matches or a 7/18 in my case 

disclaimer: I suck at cod 

29 minutes ago, Chew said:

Modern Warfare gas a 100 player mode as well that has yet to be revealed. 👍🏿

Tits

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thanks in advance.  -PB

COD is what you play if you wanna learn how to commit mass murders.

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Sure, you can kill ISIS soldiers and Russians in the single-player campaign, but killing raging squeakers online is a lot more fun.  

I am fangirling over the new MW. Although nothing will come close to MW2 lobbies and the brutal trash talking that used to take place.

The new COD looks exactly like every other COD does before it's released.  It looks basically identical the previous games with better graphics.

This one is even more pathetic though because Modern Warfare came out last decade.  They are already rebooting COD.  Actually they've been doing it for a while.

25 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The new COD looks exactly like every other COD does before it's released.  It looks basically identical the previous games with better graphics.

This one is even more pathetic though because Modern Warfare came out last decade.  They are already rebooting COD.  Actually they've been doing it for a while.

I used to MW3, it pretty much all the same. I used to play with friends, but to really experience it nowadays you have to play online...I don't play online. When I was 15 and playing Quake 2 online, it was hard to find matches, it weeded out the douchebags. Now I have 12 year olds calling me the "n word" over the mic. Worst part is, it just makes me wonder "how do they know I'm black?".

43 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I used to MW3, it pretty much all the same. I used to play with friends, but to really experience it nowadays you have to play online...I don't play online. When I was 15 and playing Quake 2 online, it was hard to find matches, it weeded out the douchebags. Now I have 12 year olds calling me the "n word" over the mic. Worst part is, it just makes me wonder "how do they know I'm black?".

They call everyone the N word, regardless of race, because they are entitled douche bags that can hide behind a computer and not face any consequences for their actions.  Which is why I only mic up with certain people, like @Chew and his wife and other ES peeps or my friends/family that play. 

And we usually are in a party chat with settings to make that a priority over game chat.  When I'm playing with randoms, I just mute everyone so I don't have to listen to that garbage.  The only thing I have to put up with then are the random messages I sometimes get and if they make racist comments, I report them.  One time some asshole sent me a message with threats to me and my family along with racial slurs, gay slurs, etc.  

I replied that he shouldn't drop the soap in the future because I am going to my local police dept cyber crimes division and provide them with the the threat so they can trace his IP address, etc. and notify his local authorities.  Then I blocked him.  Of course I really didn't take a threat from some idiot over an xbox message and wasn't going to the police, but it spooked him.  One of his friends then messaged me saying that his friend was sorry and is a father of 2 kids, etc. begging me to not report him to the police :rofl89:

I replied to his friend that he shouldn't have threatened my family, etc. and there are actions for his consequences.  Then blocked his friend too.  I did report it to Microsoft and they sent me an email saying they take all threats seriously and would look into it and take actions on him.  Assuming they banned his account.  

Just finished Ori and the Blind Forest. This game is one of the best games of this generation. It’s simply a masterpiece. And it’s very challenging too which was a nice change of pace, but it was never unfair or anything. It’s just a tough game. I highly recommend it.

@Dont Taze Me Bro has it right, either party chat with the homies or mute all the randoms.  COD probably has the worst gaming community on the planet LOL. 

So Modern Warfare is going to have the biggest maps in COD history, and they're doing away with the typical "three primary lanes" layout and going more like Battlefield with wide open maps and strong points.   

No mini-map in this game, even for core, and TTK is supposed to be a lot quicker than previous COD titles.  I wonder if that will bring a bunch of the hardcore folks back to core.  

20 vs 20 and 50 vs 50 game modes as well.  

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Am I the only one left who really dislikes online co-op gaming? Give me a solid single player campaign 100 out of 100 times.

I'm all about the single player.

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

Fire Emblem Three Houses is a must buy if you are into JRPGs/Strategy  

Blue Lions represent!

Once Iron Galaxy ruined Killer Instinct I let my XBL run out after having it for about 12 years straight.

Then once Capcom ruined Street Fighter with SF5 sucking online, I let my PSN expire.

I haven't gamed online in like 2 years or so.

Archived