Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

@The Evil Genius I played it some (well, like 5 mins) last night. Still in the middle of whatever sequence that ultimately kicks off the main story.

Right off the bat, I noticed that it seems to borrow from Witcher, Oblivion, Skyrim,, and Mass Effect. Theres a barter system, a karma system, stealth mechanics, a hunger system (well, I heard a grumble sound effect and dude said "I sure could use a bite to eat," so im making an assumption there), and apparently, your style of dress and the way you fight can determine what kind of work you get, according to the tutorial (where they said that you can walk around with bloody clothes like a heathen if you like, just that it will affect your rep). There's also some backstory to a lot of the town, townsfolk and their positions, which reminds me of the codex from ME

Got into one fistfight, and a swordfighting tutorial, and that might be where some issues lie. Combat resembles a sloth fight. Not sure whether that has to do with the skill level you're at or not. I'll reserve judgment. Seems like a very deep narrative though, which I like. Probably a little too real for some cats, but I like it. High medieval fantasy has its limits

Soo its not a sloth fight. The combinations are just really technical and require patience/precision and both joysticks, which feels a bit weird.

Went to collect on this grumpy ass dude who owes my father money, and (because of how I want to play my character) it turned into a bare knuckle boxing match, which I of course won. Then I raided his house and took everything he had.

Pretty fun so far (this haggle/barter system is cool too, much better than that stupid minigame from Oblivion. Can't wait to see the extent of their thief mechanics (you can pickpocket and invade homes and pick locks).

It's fun so far, but very real, and very historical. That turns many people off, but it's what I've wanted for awhile.

30 minutes isn't really enough to get a good gauge on it. Wasn't for me. It shares heavy similarities with Fallout and TES, for sure. A bit of Witcher as well.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, Warhead36 said:

The issue with DAI is that there is just way too much filler content that you HAVE TO DO to progress the story.

If you could honestly just skip all that, and all the stupid War table crap, the game is quite good in terms of story and gameplay. Nowhere near as good as Origins but better then 2 for sure.

I enjoyed the war table stuff, and all of the side missions. But I'm a big Dragon Age fan and really enjoy that game's stories and lore. Also, the Trespasser DLC is one of the best expansions Bioware has ever made. 

So, KCD is awesome. Build is starting to take shape now (stumbling drunk brigand/gambler/mercenary heavy blunt and shield).

As always, I struggle to stay committed to one build, because I see a strong possibility for a religious zealot/Templar or serial killing Inigo Montoya....

I have the Royal Edition btw. Not sure what that improved on or not, but it's fun, just difficult. Trade empty hours of loot boxes, crafting systems, and flaccid hack n' slash for realism, patience, and actual practice (and a strategic save system that appears to have the potential to punish you). 

12 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Are there any games you guys recommend from the Amazon Prime Day sale?

I don't know about Amazon Prime Day sale, but I believe Steam still has its summer sale going and I'd absolutely recommend going crazy with it. You can get a bunch of great old games for dirt cheap. I got Dragon Age Origins for about $6, KOTOR 2 for like $3, etc.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, purbeast said:

Mario Maker 2 is so good.  There are some REALLY good levels that are out there.  I have the maker ID of the guy who created the game Celeste and he has some awesome levels.

Ill be buying a Switch within the next 6 months. I have to finish some PS4 games first. Mario Maker 2 is on my short list with Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Super Mario U Deluxe, Mario Kart, and Cuphead. Anything else I should look out for? I think you said Hollow Knight a couple of pages ago. Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't know about Amazon Prime Day sale, but I believe Steam still has its summer sale going and I'd absolutely recommend going crazy with it. You can get a bunch of great old games for dirt cheap. I got Dragon Age Origins for about $6, KOTOR 2 for like $3, etc.

I was looking at games like Far Cry or Fallout 76....wasn't sure what public opinion was on them, I know Fallout got some pretty bad press for not being ready at launch

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/prime-day-2019-best-xbox-one-deals-available-now-u/1100-6468398/

Mr Sinister has me kind of fired up for KCD. $15 on Amazon, worth a shot.

And speaking of awesome, I'm doing a second run of Shadow of the Tomb Raider. What a game! During my first run I focused on the main mission,

but I realize now that only covers about 50% of the game. The rest consists of the "Challenge Tombs", nine monster tombs that are all huge, gorgeous

and a blast to explore. The best part is that if you complete one of theses tombs you get a unique skill , some of which are totally OP.

Again, the best game that no one played because of RDR2.   

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Just got kingdom hearts 3 and god of war for $20ea on prime day. Going to get dying light shortly at GameStop for $15

Dying light becomes a fantastic game when you finally get to use the grappling hook. It's a bit of a slog though beforehand, imo.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm a big fan.  The one set in Nepal was the best one.  I have not gotten to the newest one yet. 

The one before that (FC3) has been my favorite so far. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dying light becomes a fantastic game when you finally get to use the grappling hook. It's a bit of a  slog though beforehand, imo.

I thought the grappling hook made it too easy. My favorite parts were just parkouring around everything with nothing but my imagination to stop my escape 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought the grappling hook made it too easy. My favorite parts were just parkouring around everything with nothing but my imagination to stop my escape 

The Following DLC with the Nightstalker invasion feature sort of evens some stuff out.

I think its easier if you are already on the rooftops when darkness comes. Even with the grappling hook in some areas, its tough if youre on the ground

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Following DLC with the Nightstalker invasion feature sort of evens some stuff out.

I think its easier if you are already on the rooftops when darkness comes. Even with the grappling hook in some areas, its tough if youre on the ground

I haven’t played any of the dlc. I guess by the time you get the grappling hook you’re a master at the game mechanics anyway. It was definitely fun and made you feel awesome jumping off a building and grappling to one across the street. 

I just loved being grounded and navigating the city thru the parkour and running from zombies so much. It was awesome. 

It felt real. No the average person can’t parkour like that but in a zombie apocalypse I’m not letting a damn fence stop me and I’m climbing up the side of buildings and on top of cars etc to get away 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I haven’t played any of the dlc. I guess by the time you get the grappling hook you’re a master at the game mechanics anyway. It was definitely fun and made you feel awesome jumping off a building and grappling to one across the street. 

I just loved being grounded and navigating the city thru the parkour and running from zombies so much. It was awesome. 

It felt real. No the average person can’t parkour like that but in a zombie apocalypse I’m not letting a damn fence stop me and I’m climbing up the side of buildings and on top of cars etc to get away 

Like one out of every three nights are invaded by the Nighstalker (orwas it the Nighthunter? Dunno, Night-something) being controlled by another player,like the Souls games. It's a mutated monster with tentacles that can swing over roof tops and  scale/leap huge  buildings. There's also a whole other map/questline in the country like TWD, and you get to fix up a dune buggy and use it to mow the zombies down like Day of The Dead.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:11 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

So, KCD is awesome. Build is starting to take shape now (stumbling drunk brigand/gambler/mercenary heavy blunt and shield).

As always, I struggle to stay committed to one build, because I see a strong possibility for a religious zealot/Templar or serial killing Inigo Montoya....

I have the Royal Edition btw. Not sure what that improved on or not, but it's fun, just difficult. Trade empty hours of loot boxes, crafting systems, and flaccid hack n' slash for realism, patience, and actual practice (and a strategic save system that appears to have the potential to punish you). 

This game is the reason why I finally bought an XB1, I love this game to death. This game is what the next Elder Scrolls game needs to be. This game does take patience, but I found the game so amazing from the get go, that sticking with it was never a chore for myself. In fact, I love all the time and care that you have to put into Henry, it makes you care about him on a different level that no other game I've played has ever done before. I didn't want him to be a moron, so I learned to read. I don't want him to be looked down upon, so I bathe and tailor his clothes, i even bought the best stuff for my lame ass horse, Pebbles.

The only thing I don't like about the game (nitpicking, here) is that a lot of the perks are absolutely worthless or are too detrimental to your character. I have perk points that I haven't used because there is nothing worth using them on and other ones actually hurt my character. Also, I wished cooking was more fleshed out, kinda like making potions, but once again, I'm nitpicking.

Archived