Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Doom. It was fun. Not much of a story, but you don't play doom for the story. It needed more boss battles in the beginning. You don't get your first boss battle till 2/3 of the way through the game. 

Quit Ni No Kuni II at the half way point. Not nearly as good as the first. This one wasn't turn based like the first and you didn't get to collect all the cool characters. I would have finished it cause the fighting was still tolerable but they have large scale skirmishes that are really annoying. These battles ruined what would have been a fine game. It gets 6/10 from me. 

Dying light enhanced edition next 

25 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Will give my review on that tonight. The Wife/fiance was just asking about something cheap to do tonight. 

I don't know if your wife games or not, but you should get Beat Saber.

I brought my PS4 and PSVR to the beach last month and my entire family is pretty much non-gamers.  After the week, both my brother and sister are going to buy it "for their kids" after the week, as well as my cousin "for his kids" too.  My brother doesn't even have a PS4 though so he has to get the whole package.

It's one of those games that non-gamers have a ton of fun playing, especially with the Imagine Dragons song pack out, since it's actual real songs people know that they can play to.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I don't know if your wife games or not, but you should get Beat Saber.

I brought my PS4 and PSVR to the beach last month and my entire family is pretty much non-gamers.  After the week, both my brother and sister are going to buy it "for their kids" after the week, as well as my cousin "for his kids" too.  My brother doesn't even have a PS4 though so he has to get the whole package.

It's one of those games that non-gamers have a ton of fun playing, especially with the Imagine Dragons song pack out, since it's actual real songs people know that they can play to.

Funny you bring that up. She has more than once exclaimed about how cool it looks. And her Bday is next month. I may have to hook her up. She is a gamer (now)

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Funny you bring that up. She has more than once exclaimed about how cool it looks. And her Bday is next month. I may have to hook her up. She is a gamer (now)

Ah cool.

Thing about PSVR now too is that there are A LOT of good games you can get on the cheap since there are a lot of good games that have just been around for a while, and a lot of games normal price are like $20-$30.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Ah cool.

Thing about PSVR now too is that there are A LOT of good games you can get on the cheap since there are a lot of good games that have just been around for a while, and a lot of games normal price are like $20-$30.

Yea I already got a few, actually. Planning for the eventuality (and some were free on PSN) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, Llevron said:

Yea I already got a few, actually. Planning for the eventuality (and some were free on PSN) 

What games do you have for PSVR?

On 8/23/2019 at 7:31 PM, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I'm thinking about getting PSVR for our game nights and what not. Tried it at a friend's house and it was pretty cool.

Sure...but when I said this 2 years ago...

Anyways if any of you get Firewall, let me know. I'll team up with you...show ya around...

I played about 4 hours of Kingdom Hearts 3. It was boring. It would be a great game if your favorite button is X. 

Finished Dying Light. Loved it even though I'm not big on either first person or zombies. I highly recommend it. It is a little difficult to start, but once you start upgrading it is awesome.

About 4 hours into God  of war. It is awesome so far 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm about 4 year late but finally started Witcher III last night. Looked down at my watch and it was 1am already. **** me. Fun so far but I know I'll never be able to do everything. Maybe these 100+ hour games aren't for me anymore. 

Nah, theyre not, but it at least follows a system, and an end. Odyssey is just a Mississippi pimp whoring you out until you crack like dried up bacon. Made me want to quit gaming altogethet

I started Witcher again too, in preparation for the Netflix series (though I now realize it has nothing to do with the games). I got my build advice from someone here. This time im going it alone. Its been so long i dont even remember what it was ( this is the complete edition version whereas mine was the base version so saves don't compute)

I think it was mostly sign based (heavy Igni and Aard). Thinking of a more quick strike light armored potion/bomb build this time. Funny thing is I remembered the combat being so wonky before, but 4 years of Bethesda games can make even the wonkiest of games seem damn near next gen by comparison.

22 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

About 4 hours into God  of war. It is awesome so far 

God of War is amazing. I only wish i had more understanding of norse mythology to appreciate all the details that were packed into it. Even still, it's just fantastic start to finish. A perfect reinvention of the series. 

I've found my leveling in Witcher III to be very slow. Think I'm level 4 or 5 and about 5 hours in. Just killed the royal griffin, met the asshole king, lusted after Yennifer some more, and now in a new land. Had to stop cause it was 130am and the alarm goes off at 5am. 😴

On the bright side...is there no retribution for looting the **** out of things? Also should I be doing all the side quests? I only did a few in White Orchard (Devil in the well, frying pan, precious cargo)..but I think I should have done more before progressing.

56 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've found my leveling in Witcher III to be very slow. Think I'm level 4 or 5 and about 5 hours in. Just killed the Griffin, met the asshole king, lusted after Yennifer some more, and now in a new land. Had to stop cause it was 130am and the alarm goes off at 5am. 😴

On the bright side...is there no retribution for looting the **** out of things?

It's slower than other games for sure. I spent most of my time roaming, gathering and doing witcher contracts to fatten it up a bit. By the end howevet, the main quests were like sleepwalking because I dont think there was a level scale option at launch. Now there is.

Even still, this game isnt as hard as others of the high/medieval fantasy genre. Even at lvl 1 on blood and bones, I was able to rather easily kill a lvl 7 nightwraith, and I distinctly remember them and foglets giving me the most trouble the first go round. and I was playing on the equivalent of normal (which I always do for brand new games). 

The werewolves and big Cyberdemon looking mofos were pretty tough iirc as well.

I wasnt a big looter my first playthrough but I will be this time. Its kind of a pain in the ass having to craft some of this stuff, and now that potions will be a big part of my arsenal, I'll constantly need to be on the lookout. I dont think its all that hard though. Not like other games where you swear youre alone and you get heat or some other penalty. Ive taken stuff right in front of people almost, and... Nothing.

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

I got Zone of the Enders included in the ps4 version. And some other game ima have to look when I get home. I think I have 3 of them but I cant remember off top

If you like FPS, I highly recommend Firewall Zero Hour. Theres no storyline...its just endless 4 v 4 with a maximum 5 minute time limit. Unless you go solo...then it can be 1 v infinite NPCs in 5 minutes...oh and HIGHLY recommend the AIM gun if you do get this game. Farpoint is also very good. That ibe is mainly story with a 1 v 1 with recruitable NPCs.

Valkyrie is a space combat game that is cross platform, tons of fun if you can play against other players. Most have either left or goto private matches now, but you can still play against NPCs which is still kinda cool because...hello flying a space ship in combat...

On 9/13/2019 at 9:02 PM, Xameil said:

If you like FPS, I highly recommend Firewall Zero Hour. Theres no storyline...its just endless 4 v 4 with a maximum 5 minute time limit. Unless you go solo...then it can be 1 v infinite NPCs in 5 minutes...oh and HIGHLY recommend the AIM gun if you do get this game. Farpoint is also very good. That ibe is mainly story with a 1 v 1 with recruitable NPCs.

Valkyrie is a space combat game that is cross platform, tons of fun if you can play against other players. Most have either left or goto private matches now, but you can still play against NPCs which is still kinda cool because...hello flying a space ship in combat...

You know anything that has cool co-op? This is mainly for the fiance and she really wont play it much unless im playing with her. 

Also for anyone interested borderlands is exactly what you would expect it to be. Fun, intense if not sometimes hard to follow action with silly writing and a pretty cool story line underneath it all. The co-op is done right. Makes me wonder why no one else is able to pull this off. Like, Dana wants to play with me and shes getting better but shes not really good yet. However she can be level 8 while im 42 and help me beat the endgame boss. We beat the game last night and I couldnt have done it solo I dont think. 

Not only that, they know what their players want. And they delivered even better than could have been expected considering their goal was to just give you more of the same. This game is almost literally a FPS skin on (current) Diablo 3 and that is exactly what their fans wanted. The QOL improvements cant be understated. Wanna farm the same boss or mob over and over? Cool, they made it easier because they know thats what people want. Want to be able to play with all your ****ty friends without worrying about individual skill levels or time investment? Cool they made that easy too. BL2 was too boring and not fun enough until you leveled up some? Not this one. Right out of the gate the challenge was appropriate and the game was fun. They had all the smart ideas and they executed them well. 

If you like or even are slightly interested in the game I cant recommend it more. And if you are on PS4 ill help you out if you need it. I have to much loot that im sending it to randoms now cause I dont know what to do with it all. 

Archived