Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Picked up The Division 2.  Im a sucker for games that take place in DC (unfortunately the map does not include my office).

So far I haven't had time to dig in, seems pretty solid from what I have seen. 

I played it for a week and never came back. Unfortunately this is another one of those games that makes you grind like a no-lifer and seemed too reliant on co-op.

The DC map is really cool though. They mapped my neighborhood pretty much 1:1, even getting the small businesses right. 

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I played it for a week and never came back. Unfortunately this is another one of those games that makes you grind like a no-lifer and seemed too reliant on co-op.

The DC map is really cool though. They mapped my neighborhood pretty much 1:1, even getting the small businesses right. 

Blah.  Thanks for the input.

I was disappointed that that map goes as far north as K street.  My office is just on the north side of K street.  🤬

32 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Blah.  Thanks for the input.

I was disappointed that that map goes as far north as K street.  My office is just on the north side of K street.  🤬

They are planning on expanding the maps so I think most of DC will eventually be covered.

I might give it another go, even though I think it's really difficult to grind through this game solo. Game looks gorgeous on PC, but after playing for a week and seeing that I barely moved in the story was kind of a bummer.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

They are planning on expanding the maps so I think most of DC will eventually be covered.

I might give it another go, even though I think it's really difficult to grind through this game solo. Game looks gorgeous on PC, but after playing for a week and seeing that I barely moved in the story was kind of a bummer.

I just don't like that I have to shoot each bad guy like 20 times.  

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Any of you played Fallout 3 ltel with current mods? Bet it looks badass.

Image result for interest piqued

Nah, yall were just talking about DC games and stuff.

I played it on PS3 back about a decade ago but it was so glitchy it destroyed my save file. Had playing for a year up to that point, and it all got wiped out (this was back when I was a dumbass and learned that you need multiple save files at all times).

I bet it looks sweet as hell. I know theres still  bunch of people on steam that run Fallout mods, even entire new maps. Some areas did feel pretty accurate, like the Mall area,  Georgetown, the area around GW parkway, the Jefferson memorial.

Even some parts of MoCo looked a bit familiar. I think they left SoMd off the map though

5 hours ago, Chew said:

Had a blast on the Beta last weekend, looking forward to playing some more.  

Love the balance of MW, they took some stuff from Battlefield, which is a good thing.

Is the TTK longer like in BF or is it standard COD? I imagine with the larger increases in map and player size they would increase that some too 

Swung by Walmart at lunch because it was right next to where I was eating, to see if they were selling Link's Awakening early.  They had it in the display case however they had a cardboard sign over it saying 'RELEASE 9/20/19'.  What I noticed though was the price of $49.99.  I asked the guy at the register if that was the real price and he said it is, and I asked him if I could grab it now and he said the computer won't let him.  They had tried and it doesn't let them which is why they put that sign in the case lol.

Playing Witcher III and confronted my first werewolf. Getting my ass handed to me. Then realized I should be using my silver sword. 🤪

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Swung by Walmart at lunch because it was right next to where I was eating, to see if they were selling Link's Awakening early.  They had it in the display case however they had a cardboard sign over it saying 'RELEASE 9/20/19'.  What I noticed though was the price of $49.99.  I asked the guy at the register if that was the real price and he said it is, and I asked him if I could grab it now and he said the computer won't let him.  They had tried and it doesn't let them which is why they put that sign in the case lol.

Wally world has been selling a lot of new games for $10 off..I suspect it's to compete with the free $10 GCs with purchase of new games that some of their competition does.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Playing Witcher III and confronted my first werewolf. Getting my ass handed to me. Then realized I should be using my silver sword. 🤪

Might know this already, but you can set your spec to auto-draw/sheathe so you draw the correct sword on time, but I doubt you'd feel like a man if you did so :)

Yeah it may make you consume more goods than you'd like, but you can compete probably up to 6-7 levels past yours, even on Death March. It doesnt truly become hopeless until you see the red demon skull over an enemy, then just run, or pack a lunch if it's 1v1, and if so, don't catch more than a slight graze, cuz its basically one hit kill for virtually all attacks. Grazing hits will take around 90% health

Heh, im starting to like finesse, alchemical light armoured Geralt. More of a thinking/strategy build, but when used right it leaves you less susceptible to hits (while making the most of oils, bombs and potions), which is good, because getting hit sucks with this build. At least until I get into the right armour.

Ended up hitting up the Nintendo shop in NYC on the 20th and they still had some Dreamer editions left so I said **** it and got it.  I'm a Zelda mark and was like it's my ****ing anniversary so might as well spoil myself.  Tax in NYC is no joke though lol.  I'm probably going to go back there before I leave tomorrow afternoon and buy a few shirts and a hoodie or two.  They have some awesome clothing in there and this awesome Zelda hoodie.

I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to get it at midnight anywhere either because I played games on the bus for like an hour.  I was tired as **** and in/out of sleep for a while, then played for a bit and started to feel a bit car sick.

I'll probably start Zelda tomorrow on the bus ride home since I finished that Shantae game.  That was a really good game too.

They also had a ton of the Amiibo's for Link's Awakening too.  Had some cool stuff on display too.

6LPFdzs.jpg

odU1m8M.jpg

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Ended up hitting up the Nintendo shop in NYC on the 20th and they still had some Dreamer editions left so I said **** it and got it.  I'm a Zelda mark and was like it's my ****ing anniversary so might as well spoil myself.  Tax in NYC is no joke though lol.  I'm probably going to go back there before I leave tomorrow afternoon and buy a few shirts and a hoodie or two.  They have some awesome clothing in there and this awesome Zelda hoodie.

I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to get it at midnight anywhere either because I played games on the bus for like an hour.  I was tired as **** and in/out of sleep for a while, then played for a bit and started to feel a bit car sick.

I'll probably start Zelda tomorrow on the bus ride home since I finished that Shantae game.  That was a really good game too.

They also had a ton of the Amiibo's for Link's Awakening too.  Had some cool stuff on display too.

Where's the gameboy that survived a bomb?

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Heh, im starting to like finesse, alchemical light armoured Geralt. More of a thinking/strategy build, but when used right it leaves you less susceptible to hits (while making the most of oils, bombs and potions), which is good, because getting hit sucks with this build. At least until I get into the right armour.

Geralt layed the wood to Keira Metz last night...damn..

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Geralt layed the wood to Keira Metz last night...damn..

I layed the silver to the White Orchard griffin yesterday. I'm a run 'n shogun (my own nickname) glass chin. This is gonna make for some hilarious fights.

f948e536a5fc89a35ed2b3ff72afdc4d-full.jp

Traded in the complete edition for the launch version, so I got my old saves back, but m on new game +, basically starting where I left off, and resuming my build (had like 20 pts left over from the old save). This is pretty much where im going with it. And I was right, the last build was medium armour/signs/bit of alchemy/heavy sword strokes.

This time I'm almost all alchemy, poison blades, virtually no toxicity, coating, acquired and heightened tolerance, snd bombs, then fast slicing with the hurricane whirl, crit, fast damage, and rend. The cat school perk just stacks all of it. That last slot will be either Sunder Armor or Fleet of Foot. Likely the latter, as I already have Rend. 

I may eventually remove whirl and throw in cripple, which along with poison blade, will make it a double bleed/poison build as well, along with stacking bleed runes on the swords.

Does anyone here play Monster Hunter World? I've wanted to try it for a while, got the Game Pass trial and downloaded the game. I'm completely overwhelmed to the point that I don't want to play anymore. I don't mind a steep learning curve or a complex game, but this game just gives you text tutorials...its not enough. Also, you don't get a damn manual in this day and age anymore which definitely doesn't help the situation.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I layed the silver to the White Orchard griffin yesterday. I'm a run 'n shogun (my own nickname) glass chin. This is gonna make for some hilarious fights.

f948e536a5fc89a35ed2b3ff72afdc4d-full.jp

I'm only level 7 but maxed out that first red quick strike, the green poison blades, and that first blue axii delusion spot. Sadly I only have two mutagen spots opened and can only use 4 skills at a time right now. Not sure how I'll build my character but I usually just balance them out the first time through. I tend to be hack and slash in these games so a balance build will suffice for right now.

Totally whiffed on this game when it came out. It's ****ing amazing.

Edit..btw the delusion on people while fighting them is hilarious. Taking out bandit camps one by one with 1 hit decapitations and body cleaves is savage.

28 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Does anyone here play Monster Hunter World? I've wanted to try it for a while, got the Game Pass trial and downloaded the game. I'm completely overwhelmed to the point that I don't want to play anymore. I don't mind a steep learning curve or a complex game, but this game just gives you text tutorials...its not enough. Also, you don't get a damn manual in this day and age anymore which definitely doesn't help the situation.

If you never played MH series before, you'll probably have better luck watching some youtube vids on your weapon of choice.  Gaijin Hunter was the one I watched when I got into MH4 on 3ds.  I'm pretty sure he made MHW content too.

35 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I bought it, maybe a year ago, but  immediately regretted it because it seemed like another one of those online games that grind you to oblivion, with a bunch of crap thrown at you from the start that seemed like a game intended to be played for years and years. I hate those games.

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm only level 7 but maxed out that first red quick strike, the green poison blades, and that first blue axii delusion spot. Sadly I only have two mutagen spots opened and can only use 4 skills at a time right now. Not sure how I'll build my character but I usually just balance them out the first time through. Ibtend to be hack and slash in these games so a balance build will suffice for right now.

Totally whiffed on this game when it came out. It's ****ing amazing.

Yeah its great. I honestly forgot how great it was because its been like 4 years since I last played it, and they patched in some stuff  and added all the dlc quests. Feels like an all new game in that respect. Going with feast/famine build on the hardest difficulty also makes things feel a bit refreshing.

Archived