Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Those Arcade1Up things are neat but man are they deceiving.  Once you see one in person they are disappointing.  There is no way 2 adults could even play them two player because they are too small. 

It's not deceiving, it's a $300-400 arcade machine lol.

I've played a couple of them including street fight 2 player and didn't have any problem playing with another person. The TMNT has a wider control deck but I'd imagine it's still pretty tight with 4 adults even if 2 are playing on the side. 

Yeah I'm not saying they can't be fun to play with, but I'd STRONGLY recommend seeing one in person before up and ordering one.  Especially if you aren't a manlet.

E3_Arcade1Up_MarvelSuperHeroes.jpg

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's not deceiving, it's a $300-400 arcade machine lol.

I've played a couple of them including street fight 2 player and didn't have any problem playing with another person. The TMNT has a wider control deck but I'd imagine it's still pretty tight with 4 adults even if 2 are playing on the side. 

I paid $300 for my Killer Instinct 2 ... back in 2003!

(yes I know that was a steal and not normal)

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I know it's smaller but still, for the money, this is pretty awesome.  My buddy has the Street Fighter one and it's sweet. Responsive controls and great graphics. It's a lot of fun for a few hundered bucks. 

They have the MK1-3 version too that I would like to get along with the TMNT and put in my basement. I doubt they'd ever release a Blitz version since the NFL has distanced itself so hard from that franchise

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Machine-w-Riser-Arcade1UP/355692464?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227306355403&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=380618117939&wl4=pla-811433324060&wl5=9008885&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=355692464&veh=sem

I was going to buy the MK2 one, but after reading a lot of reviews on Arcade1UP, it seems like it is hit or miss on stuff.  Like you get a perfect one that works great, or you get one missing parts or one that needs to have parts replaced after minimal usage.  And the one consistent complaint is that their customer service is extremely bad.  

Like, if you need a replacement part, when you call there is no live answer, taking forever to get the replacement parts you need, etc.  There are some reviews that say they got parts extremely quick, etc.  but those seem to be trumped by horror stories.  There were a few reviews stating to get it from Walmart and not their website directly. 

I was going to do that, then changed my mind, with my luck, I'd get one that needed replacement parts or was missing parts and I didn't feel like having to deal with all the BS to get it up and running/fixed.  The 50/50 reviews concerned me.  But they look cool as hell, saw some vids on youtube on gameplay for MK2, looked great.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I wonder how challenging it is to make your own arcade setup using a Raspberry Pi. Might be worth looking into some DIY videos.

That is what I am doing with my cabinet and why I moved it into my basement.

I ordered this Saturday.  It comes from Europe so I'm not sure how quick it will get here.

http://arcadeforge.net/Pi2Jamma-Pi2SCART/Pi2Jamma::248.html

I already have a raspberry pi setup with Retro Pi and I have another Raspberry Pi sitting around that I used to run Pi Hole on, but now it's just doing nothing.  I plan on using that one for this setup.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

That is what I am doing with my cabinet and why I moved it into my basement.

I ordered this Saturday.  It comes from Europe so I'm not sure how quick it will get here.

http://arcadeforge.net/Pi2Jamma-Pi2SCART/Pi2Jamma::248.html

I already have a raspberry pi setup with Retro Pi and I have another Raspberry Pi sitting around that I used to run Pi Hole on, but now it's just doing nothing.  I plan on using that one for this setup.

Interesting, post updates if you can about how it goes.

I am using Raspberry Pi's right now mostly for things like Bias Lighting on TV's and touch screen interfaces around the home. Never thought of using it to set up a mini arcade until now.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Interesting, post updates if you can about how it goes.

I am using Raspberry Pi's right now mostly for things like Bias Lighting on TV's and touch screen interfaces around the home. Never thought of using it to set up a mini arcade until now.

I have another one setup in my home theater for pretty much all old school emulation.  I plan to only have MAME on the one I put in the cabinet.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I plan on being a homeowner within 5 years. Itll either be a gaming rig or something like this. 

Unless you want the old school arcade feel (standing up/sitting on a stool, using joysticks, etc.), I personally think going with a nice gaming rig would be the way to go.  You can download the emulators and roms and play them on the rig (even map the controls to an XBox One controller through the software).  That would be in addition to also being able to play any new games on ultra settings, VR, etc.  

Or you can do both.  I keep revisiting the idea of building an arcade machine, like from scratch, cabinet and all.  My dad can build anything, has all the workshop tools, and he said in the past he would build the cabinet for me if I give him the specs/plans.  Only thing is I don't know where I'd put it.  Which just gave me an idea........should try to build one like the old school table ones:

Image result for table arcade machine

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

^^ Those are called "****tail" style cabinets and there are plans all over the internet to build em.

https://www.instructables.com/id/RetroPie-Arcade-Cabinet-****tail-Style/

I'm also paranoid about downloading ROMs, especially after Nintendo sued those two ROM sites last year and is going after another one this year.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/11/20860039/nintendo-copyright-trademark-infringement-rom-lawsuit

I have no problem paying for ROMs, but the ****ing gaming industry won't provide them.  Which makes no sense to me.  Companies like Midway, Nintendo, etc. could set-up a subscription based model that allows one to download ROMs of their games or just sell each ROM separately and make a boat load of $$$.  I'd have no problem paying say $30 for the ROM of a game I wanted.   

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm also paranoid about downloading ROMs, especially after Nintendo sued those two ROM sites last year and is going after another one this year.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/11/20860039/nintendo-copyright-trademark-infringement-rom-lawsuit

I have no problem paying for ROMs, but the ****ing gaming industry won't provide them.  Which makes no sense to me.  Companies like Midway, Nintendo, etc. could set-up a subscription based model that allows one to download ROMs of their games or just sell each ROM separately and make a boat load of $$$.  I'd have no problem paying say $30 for the ROM of a game I wanted.   

I don't have to download em for the most part.  My buddy has all of em already.  But yeah Nintendo is no joke about that stuff.  Fortunately, Nintendo games aren't really ones I care much about with old school arcade emulation.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't have to download em for the most part.  My buddy has all of em already.  But yeah Nintendo is no joke about that stuff.  Fortunately, Nintendo games aren't really ones I care much about with old school arcade emulation.

Yeah, they really got the topic of ROMs out there and on the radar.  I know typically they go after the host not the person downloading.  But have always thought that it's just a matter of time before they start targeting the individuals downloading (including those who stream from a jail broke Roku or fire stick, etc.).   Make an example out of some average Joe, to discourage pirating.  

39 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Outer Worlds comes out this Friday. Apparently if you loved Fallout: New Vegas(which I did)it's going to be similar.

Yep.  That's why I am interested in this.  

A little disappointed to read that Obsidian was a bit misleading in that this isn't a truly open world game, but rather just a game of choices along the way.  Actual gameplay time is estimated at 35-40 hours.  I thought it was more of GTA/Fallout/Red Dead type of game where you could do whatever, whenever.  

I'm playing Fallout 76 right now (like, as I type this LOL), got about 95 hours in, and I've only completed 26% of the story.  Ha. 

Oh, T-minus 80 hours until Modern Warfare drops.  :beavisnbutthead:

21 minutes ago, Chew said:

Yep.  That's why I am interested in this.  

A little disappointed to read that Obsidian was a bit misleading in that this isn't a truly open world game, but rather just a game of choices along the way.  Actual gameplay time is estimated at 35-40 hours.  I thought it was more of GTA/Fallout/Red Dead type of game where you could do whatever, whenever.  

I'm playing Fallout 76 right now (like, as I type this LOL), got about 95 hours in, and I've only completed 26% of the story.  Ha. 

Oh, T-minus 80 hours until Modern Warfare drops.  :beavisnbutthead:

I don't mind no open world, long as the gameplay quality is good. Too many games try to go all in on the open world stuff nowadays and whiff completely.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't mind no open world, long as the gameplay quality is good. Too many games try to go all in on the open world stuff nowadays and whiff completely.

Yeah i'm actually down for a nice 35-40 hour game that's more straightforward than open world but still carries a lot of choices in your actions and how that shapes the game.  

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Outer Worlds comes out this Friday. Apparently if you loved Fallout: New Vegas(which I did)it's going to be similar.

35-40 hrs tho?

If it's that short, then it's not like New Vegas, lol. They're trying to get us on some slick ****. New Vegas probably one of the more open ended rpg's out there with all the factions and alliances.

I'll probably wait for one of yall to give a review. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

35-40 hrs tho?

If it's that short, then it's not like New Vegas, lol. They're trying to get us on some slick ****. New Vegas probably one of the more open ended rpg's out there with all the factions and alliances.

Yep, that's my thing as well.  When I first heard about this game like 10 months ago, I heard it was Obsidian so I got siced.  The original teaser trailer months ago made it look like an open world, but now I'm hearing it's not.  I'm with ya, I'll wait for reviews.  

Seems like The Outer Worlds is getting great reviews:

EGM 10/10

The Outer Worlds is an impressive spiritual successor to Obsidian's work on Fallout: New Vegas, mixing familiar design elements and the same zany attitude with an imaginative new universe and even deeper role-playing. While you can breeze through the main questline a bit quicker than in similar games, this is the sort of RPG experience you'll want to play through multiple times, with multiple builds, to see all the systems and narrative paths on offer.

GamesRadar 4.5/5

The Outer Worlds marks Obsidian operating at the top of its game, and a strong foundation for a new franchise that seems destined for greatness.

FextraLife 8.5/10

The Outer Worlds takes you on a unique space adventure of your own making, allowing you to rebuild a whole system from the smallest of details. You can be yourself from every choice to every build, branching out to experience unique interactions and perks from companions. There's no game out there quite like The Outer Worlds, and you should not miss out on the ride.

GameInformer 9.3/10

Gamespot 9/10

IGN 8.5/10

With The Outer Worlds, Obsidian has found its own path in the space between Bethesda and BioWare's RPGs, and it's a great one.

Gamer Escape 9/10

It may not be the flashiest, prettiest, or most obvious choice for meeting your RPG crave, but trust me, The Outer Worlds is a can’t miss gem of not just 2019, but the entire generation.

The Outer Worlds is Obsidian Entertainment's magnum opus, an RPG with an enticing and multifaceted ruleset set in a dystopian capitalistic society. Its only flaws reside in the combat system and gunplay, but these are easely counterbalanced by the excellent writing and the many possibilities offered to the players. Let's hope Obsidian will explore this setting further, possibly with a much needed sequel.

Metro Game Central 9/10

A deep, funny, and intricately designed RPG reminiscent of the golden age of Fallout, when conversations mattered and comedy-grade cynicism came fitted as standard.

Xbox Achievements 92/100

The Outer Worlds is not only a breath of fresh air and easily one of Obsidian's best ever games, but it's an experience that can truly wear the player choice badge with pride. From the RPG elements to how you play, The Outer Worlds truly is your adventure

GameZone 8/10

The Outer Worlds cements itself as an incredibly memorable RPG. Obsidian has built a vibrant and freeing world that is fresh, exciting, and ripe with galactic potential that will hopefully continue being explored in sequels. Even with its shortcomings, its easy to see Obsidian's newest RPG bordering on instant classic status.

Cog Connected 91/100

The Outer Worlds is a first-person shooter like no other. Offering an open world sandbox in which the entire game is your play-thing, I was easily sucked in and didn’t want to leave.

Bloody Disgusting 4.5/5

It’s a game that keeps on giving as you can miss so much depending on your choices, and in that sense, it’s very much got a classic game feel to it. It’s a mixture of eras poured into a satirical sci-fi romp and it’s such a joy to experience.

The Outer Worlds may not be exactly what I thought it would be, but I’m so glad it turned out to be what it is.

Archived