Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

It depends on what you mean by "beat". 

Sure a PC will always be the most powerful.  But I'm not a graphics whore at all.  My favorite console this gen is the least powerful one.

I have all 3 current consoles and they all beat a gaming PC to me.  I haven't gamed on PC in over a decade, nor do I plan to any time in the near future.

And I'm working on getting my arcade game to run MAME so that I can play games of the 90's in it with "****ty" graphics.

Too many people think that great graphics means great game.  Too many people also think that just because PC has the best graphics, that PS4 and X1 still don't have fantastic graphics.  They do.

I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but when I built my PC a couple of years ago I made sure it would run games on ultra settings, etc. for years to come.  I have all three consoles too, play on my PS4 the most of anything.  But one cannot argue playing games like Battlefield, Destiny 2, etc. on a PC with ultra settings and high FPS isn't a beautiful thing and much better than console graphics and capped out FPS.  

I'm not dissing consoles, I enjoy playing on mine too.  Mainly because my friends and family play on them and don't have gaming PCs.  I actually just bought a gaming laptop (daughter needed one for school so I gave her a cheap one I bought earlier this year) so I can play some WoW Classic.  

Point I'm trying to make, a beast gaming PC playing the same games available on console will always be better performance wise.  And the fact that you can use console controllers on a PC and get almost all Xbox One exclusives from Microsoft on the PC, well, again, unless you just need the PS4 exclusives, it offers more than the playstation console can. 

You basically get access to all Xbox One exclusives, all the cross platform games (FPS, sports, etc) and then all the MMORPGs/RPGs that are made for PC only.

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So I want Diablo 4 but I dont want to support Blizzard. How do I make this happen? 

But it off someone else? Wait for it to get to gamestops returned bin? 

Help. Me. 

I mean D4 won't be out for another 3+ years at least, by then nobody will remember or care.

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean D4 won't be out for another 3+ years at least, by then nobody will remember or care.

fair point. 

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why don't you want to support Blizzard?

I would feel like a hypocrite with all the china bull****. Probably not the best reason in the world.

So my pi2jamma came yesterday and I got it all put together.

zFRO1la.jpg

F5vAlLz.jpg

I first tried it with the current RetroPie image I had on the memory card but I got no video.  I think I may have gotten video, but that the resolution was set for 1080p and the monitor is like 240p, so it was only showing the top left corner which is just dark.

So I found the images specifically for pi2jamma and burnt one.  I plugged it in and bam it just turned on.  I couldn't believe how plug and play it is.  There were a couple games already on that image too.  I took a couple videos of it in action.

So the next step is I have to wire up a kick harness so the bottom 3 buttons work on both players.  JAMMA by default only has 3 button support and each board that uses more than that has special kick harnesses (called that due to the bottom 3 buttons on fighters typically being kick buttons).  So once I do that I'll have all buttons working.

And I now plan on getting my monitor worked on too.  There is this guy in Manassass that does monitor work and I'm trying to take mine down there.  You can see it is a bit dim in the videos.  While it's not as dim as the video makes it out to be, it would be nicer if it was brighter and more colorful for sure.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, Llevron said:

I would feel like a hypocrite with all the china bull****. Probably not the best reason in the world.

I, for one, respect your endeavor.  **** 'em!  And the NBA, while we're at it.  What does it say about America that we'll get up in arms about our own government censoring us, but lets allow China to walk all over us because they have some money.

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I, for one, respect your endeavor.  **** 'em!  And the NBA, while we're at it.  What does it say about America that we'll get up in arms about our own government censoring us, but lets allow China to walk all over us because they have some money.

Appreciate it playa. 

I want that game.....hell the fiancé wants it. Diablo 3 is her favorite game. But do I really need to spend these 60 bucks? Not really. And when you add in the China stuff I just have to say no this time. 

But damn do I want it lol

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Leaving work early, (sick) and going get my death stranding on. I have cashews, slim jims, kettle cooked lays, soda and whiskey. 

I'll see you on the other side. 

Just dont do any weird stuff like post pics with a cosplay baby or some ****, strapped to your chest

Loving it so far. it starts off with a quick tutorial mission and then basically a movie’s worth of cutscenes. There are tons of references and names dropped that I haven’t found too hard to keep up with. They explain them in-world or are referenced a couple times so you can figure out what’s going and what they mean even if you don’t know the how and the why. 

I love the lore, the world, the characters, the mystery. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is fantastic. They’ve already gone thru a bunch of stuff from the trailers right out of the gate so that makes me feel better that the rest won’t be spoiled. 

im enjoying the gameplay too. There is a delicacy to the movement and the controls. There aren’t a ton of controls but it all has a purpose even buttons to help you keep your balance when you are walking downhill too fast. And I’ve been walking everywhere which I haven’t minded because of the gorgeous landscapes. Plus I’m somebody that often walks every corner of RPG worlds rather than use horses etc so this doesn’t seem particularly tedious, at least not yet. 

also, the Cinematography  is outstanding. The camera will occasionally pan out and show a beautiful landscape ahead of you on your journey while a song begins to play ala RDR or RDR2. 

Even the act of getting from point a to point b is fun to me. I’m really so maybe it’ll wear out its welcome but navigating the gorgeous terrain and finding the best way to go is pretty cool 

plus the stealth and sneaking thru the BTs is intense. You have to hold your breath while your baby is crying and you see the BT handprints walking inches from you and god forbid you get caught and have to fight off souls from

the otherside pulling your into the abyss. It quickly goes into an intense horror vibe when BTs are around 

It’s about what I expected. You go outpost to outpost connecting them to a network and taking on new deliveries. You gain points and it allows the outposts to do more things like create bridges or generators that can charge bikes and other things. After you accept an order you have to confirm your load out which means In addition to your cargo to be delivered you have to choose between an extra pair of boots, how many ladder to carry (cross rivers or climb rocky terrain) rope rappels, construction kits (to build watch towers and post office boxes) etc. you can only carry 120lbs on you but you can strap **** you your arms, hips and back to keep you balanced.

You also want to save some room because like Dark Souls and other games, other online players leave messages around the world alerting to you danger or words of encouragement and you can also pick up any packages they’ve lost along the way and return it for extra credit. 

all this while trying not to fall over and damage your cargo, sneaking thru mule territories Or running away from them (pirates that steal your cargo) and then going thru BTs areas (crazy intense when BB is crying and getting stressed out making noise and you need to soothe him or he won’t be able to help you locate the BTs etc) or getting caught in time fall (rain that ages anything it touches which will damage your packages after too long). 

wrap this around 5-20 minute cutscenes before and after many of the deliveries that dive deep into the story, past and mystery of everything...

like I said, I’m loving it right now. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds like Beyond II Souls

it kinda feels like it in some ways but this is a lot more gameplay video gamey than that or similar games where you walk and then make choices or have button prompts. There is a lot more gameplay systems and elements in this even if the majority of what you are doing is traversing thru the world. 

if that makes sense 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah I meant more in terms of material, having basically one foot in purgatory, and missions fighting horses of malicious spirits, using Aiden to guide you.

yeah it’s like that. The baby, BB, is born from a dead mother which is how it’s able to exist in our world while being connected to the other side making it able to detect the paranormal BTs. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg of the stuff that’s going on 

Lol, I'm out here ducking and dodging raiders on a pharmaceutical run for this guy in the backwater colony in the Emerald vale. I'm like a homicidal physician 

was exhilarating  since I cant fight for ****, but they're dumb. Hacked my way up to the top floor of one of the buildings and picked them off from my perch, and set up in the auditorium inside the building and picked them off again from behind cover.

Nerd Power 🤓

Archived