Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Just purchased the Switch/Mario Kart 8/screen protector bundle "for the kids" for Christmas. Luckily I was browsing best buy's website by chance in prep for tomorrow because the bundle sale was live already for some reason.  The red/blue controller option was sold out already so I had to get the gray controller layout, but my kids won't care about that. 

So on Christmas Morning they will have Mario Kart 8, Mario Party, Mario Maker 2 (this one is more for me at this point), and Cuphead.  

Pretty hyped for them to take their first steps in becoming full-fledged console gamers. 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:49 PM, NoCalMike said:

Just purchased the Switch/Mario Kart 8/screen protector bundle "for the kids" for Christmas. Luckily I was browsing best buy's website by chance in prep for tomorrow because the bundle sale was live already for some reason.  The red/blue controller option was sold out already so I had to get the gray controller layout, but my kids won't care about that. 

So on Christmas Morning they will have Mario Kart 8, Mario Party, Mario Maker 2 (this one is more for me at this point), and Cuphead.  

Pretty hyped for them to take their first steps in becoming full-fledged console gamers. 

Just FYI, that bundle is the old version of the Switch.  The main difference is the battery lasts like 3 hours whereas the new model it lasts 6.  Not sure if that matters to you or not, but Nintendo bundling them is how they were getting rid of old stock of the old models.

My arcade project is finished and I just cleaned up the basement and took a pano of the current setup.  

So fresh and so clean.

X27dVHe.jpg

Yeah I definitely did know that the bundle version is the older version with the original battery life, however the two factors that made me overlook that is that this is mainly for the kids and they are not expected to be marathon gamers yet, plus from my understand the battery life comes into play mostly when you are using the screen undocked as opposed to playing it on the tv and also I have asked a good amount of friends/family who own the original model of the switch and they all told me the battery life is fine for my situation.  It is more going to come into play when the kids are a few years older and could end up wanting to play it all day, but I am sure by then other consoles will be in the equation anyway.

Yeah when docked the battery isn't an issue, it's powered through the cable so you will be fine in that situation.  Sounds like you will be fine with it.  Even 3 hours is a long time when you think about it.  The only time I've had an issue with it is when flying.

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can’t ****ing wait for that. It’s always been the white whale missing from my RE collection of main games. 

Cant wait to see what a current gen Nemesis will be like. That thing was insane.

5 hours ago, clietas said:

Enjoyed playing the outer worlds. Kinda disappointed in the ending I got. Mainly because of how I handled stellar bay n amber heights. Damn corporations needed to be destroyed tho at all cost.

I've fallen behind. Last I played though I had just cleared the Auntie Cleo corporation's colony, planning to sell all the industry secrets on the black market.

Kinda spotty playing right now. I need to set aside a few hours this weekend.

Just finished RDR2. Wow that was epic. The story, voice acting, gameplay and side quests were all great. I don't have A single complaint.

Working on Shadow of War now. It's eh. One thing that bothers me about it is the Nemesis system. Once you kill an Orc Captain, it doesn't clear the area. Eventually another Orc fills the spot. I really want to clear areas. I find fighting the Orc Captains pointless and more of a hassle if they ambush me. They just get in the way of the story. Not sure I'll finish it 

On 11/4/2019 at 6:57 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'm done with consoles. I'll keep PS4 for the FF7 remastered but that's it. Full on PC from here on out.

I know this post is a month old, but this is basically where I am. I just built a PC and I'm probably only going to get PS5 because Sony doesn't publish their first party games on PC the way Microsoft does. 

I intentionally built a high-end PC that will outperform PS5 and Xbox Scarlett, so outside of upgrading the RAM and maybe changing GPUs in a few years, I'm already on next gen. 

On 11/7/2019 at 7:04 PM, Warhead36 said:

Finished Outer Worlds. If you are a fan of RPGs you absolutely must play it. The ending is great and there are multiple variants.

I really liked the ending and some of the cliffhangers that leave it open to a sequel. That game definitely needs a sequel. 

I can't view that RE3 link at work, but do they mention anything about PSVR in the article?

RE2 remake was awesome, but all I could think about was how awesome that game would have been in VR since RE7 (in VR) is one of my all time favorite gaming experiences.  I realize it would take A LOT of work and don't think they will ever patch it in, but was hoping maybe RE3 will have that mode.  I am very doubtful though.

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

OMG I just googled The Outer Worlds.  It appears to be Fallout IN ****ING SPACE.  

I ordered a copy Monday, should arrive next week.  I wasn't going to get it, I'm more of an online multiplayer guy, but my sister-in-law was raving about it at Thanksgiving and it the price drop was a good deal.  Translation, I'll probably play it for a weekend/week then find myself back to NBA 2K20 :806:

30 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I ordered a copy Monday, should arrive next week.  I wasn't going to get it, I'm more of an online multiplayer guy, but my sister-in-law was raving about it at Thanksgiving and it the price drop was a good deal.  Translation, I'll probably play it for a weekend/week then find myself back to NBA 2K20 :806:

This is my problem. I cant kick my FFXIV/ Monster Hunter addiction. I need help. 

Fallout is my favorite series of games, and it was a monumental disappointment to me that the newest one, which was set in an area that included my freaking alma mater, required both online play and just generally sucked.  

So a similar game made by Obsidian is music to my ears and, hopefully, I'll get to nuke some religious zealots per my gaming policy.  

Dont know about religious zealots, so far at least, but you do get to (potentially) put the screws to some jonestown-ish backwater colony in the beginning of the game. Machinegun preacher guy is also there as a potential crew mate/ally.

@purbeast, no word on psvr in the link (just the leak itself and who will be featured in the game), but I imagine we will hear more in the coming weeks and months as it seems like a surefire 2020 release (likely Fall)

I got the Outer Worlds with my new PS4 Pro as well but I haven't opened it yet. Playing the new Modern Warfare, which is pretty good. It's getting a lot of hate online but it plays quite similar to MW2 and MW3. You get your claymores, find your corner of the map, and hold it down by picking off all the ADHD 15 year olds running around aimlessly. Apparently aimless run and gun is what the Gen Z scrubs want the game to play like.

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I got the Outer Worlds with my new PS4 Pro as well but I haven't opened it yet. Playing the new Modern Warfare, which is pretty good. It's getting a lot of hate online but it plays quite similar to MW2 and MW3. You get your claymores, find your corner of the map, and hold it down by picking off all the ADHD 15 year olds running around aimlessly. Apparently aimless run and gun is what the Gen Z scrubs want the game to play like.

My only problem with MW 2019 is they took out dual wield (akimbo) for the pistols.  When it first came out, I couldn't find any info on it, so I maxed out the 1911 and there was no perk for it.  Maybe they will add it in a season in the future.  

I can say that running around with the 725 shotgun with a scope and being able to literally snipe with it was ****ing hilarious, before they patched it. It's still pretty good even though they decreased the damage and made the spray wider.

I've said it before, years ago and will say it again, if you haven't tried Rainbow Six Siege yet, give it a shot.  It is the best FPS out there in my opinion as far as the game play is concerned.  People try to play it like run n gun, but usually that doesn't work.  What I like about it is there are teams of 5 vs 5 and it's objective based, teamwork is your best chance to win the rounds and matches.

You unlock operators, with each one having a unique ability that you use to assist your team.  For example, one guy can put up barricades over the doorways or windows that can't be penetrated unless you have an operator who has the ability to blow-up that door.  It's completely different from other FPSs, but in a good way once you get the hang of it.  When you die in a round, you remain dead until that round is over, no respawning.  

The only knock I have on it is the lack of game modes, there are only three (hostage, secure area, bomb), but they are fun to play regardless.  

NSFW - explicit language 

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've said it before, years ago and will say it again, if you haven't tried Rainbow Six Siege yet, give it a shot.  It is the best FPS out there in my opinion as far as the game play is concerned.  People try to play it like run n gun, but usually that doesn't work.  What I like about it is there are teams of 5 vs 5 and it's objective based, teamwork is your best chance to win the rounds and matches.

I played Siege for a bit, really goo game but it's waaaay too sweaty. The quickplay lobbies were kind of a joke and the competitive playlist is way too intense. The really tactical slow-paced games are kind of a drag when you can only hop on for 1-2 hours every 2-3 days.

Still playing Death Stranding a lot and loving it.  It’s not nearly as punishing as the first few hours made me believe. After awhile you get vehicles and exo skeletons and floating carriers that help you transport the packages so you don’t have to spend so much time on foot. I’ve been rebuilding roads all across the Midwest. I’m somewhere in the Rockies now making my way out west connecting everyone along the way. The world is pretty huge and just gorgeous. 

I think the gameplay is pretty addictive. There are a lot of upgrades and new weapons and new items, things you can build like bridges, safe houses or generators that make it fun. Plus the “strand” gameplay they are calling it is really cool. I’ve repaired roads, built bridges over ravines, setup ladders, out her store on the side of the road, built safehouses and posted signs warning of dangers that show up in Other people’s games and I’m getting notifications that other players are using my structures and roads/paths which sends me a bunch of likes. You can request items from other players and they will drop them off in post boxes throughout the world. Other players will drop packages that I can pick up and deliver for them. It’s pretty unique, at least to me I know some things like the signs are around in the Souls games but not like this. 

it really makes it feel like you are working together with other porters in the world to reconnect and rebuild America. I’m also really digging the story and the lore. There is still a lot of mystery to unravel. I’m 72 hours in and don’t feel like I’m close to finishing as I’m still unlocking new things that seem like they will be important for navigating later on. I’ve spent a lot of time working with easy facility to get a 5 star rating too and I’ve spent a lot of time rebuilding roads which requires a lot of resources that you consistently build up or find throughout the world. 

6 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Or you could get it through Gamepass for no more than $1 for the first month or two. 

I already had the trial when the game came out. I wasn't going to play it and maybe get it about a year from now...that didn't work.

Archived