Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I am not a A/V guy either... 

4K120 for the refresh with HDR... for now.  It will support 8k60 at some point via HDMI 2.1.  

We are still running at 4k60 on our TV, I think.  It looks nice....but I don't even think games are updated to support to graphics. 

I was playing FIFA 20 on the Series X (backwards compat) and it felt smoother and faster and looked better to my subjective eye.... prolly just the fact it could output a better resolution to my TV. 

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It looks just like the Xbox One controller.  

120 refresh rate good enough?

yes that is good 

• 4K resolution - a no-brainer which you are going to want in any TV in 2020. 1080p simply doesn't cut it anymore.
  • HDR or High Dynamic Range is another important feature as it will give you the best brightness and colours in games. We recommend that you look for a TV with HDR10.
  • Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos will be enabled for the first time ever in console history with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, with the former enabling ultravivid picture quality - incredible brightness, contrast, colour and detail. The two consoles will support this feature for entertainment apps at launch, and it's coming to games in 2021.
  • 120 frames-per-second is now possible with select games on Xbox Series X, but you'll need a TV with 120Hz support to activate this. Furthermore, if you want to play games at 4K resolution at 120Hz, you must also purchase a 4K TV with HDMI 2.1 and 120Hz support. Microsoft will supply an Ultra High-Speed 2.1 HDMI cable inside the Xbox Series X packaging for use with next-gen games that support 4K, 120Hz.
  • Variable refresh rate is separate from the typical chatter of gaming frame rates. Commonly referred to as VRR, it is a new feature that allows the Xbox Series X and TV to communicate and adjust refresh rates on the fly.
  • Input latency is also very important when choosing the right 4K TV for gaming purposes. This is the time it takes for your button press to be accepted by the console and then sent to the TV for display, so you want this particular statistic to be as small as possible.

https://www.purexbox.com/guides/the-best-4k-tvs-for-xbox-series-x

14 hours ago, purbeast said:

Mine from Walmart is being delivered tomorrow.

I was reading my second email from walmart saying my PS5 was being delayed, when the thing arrived at my door 10 minutes ago. Thankfully, it seems that not everyone who gets that email will have a delay.

16 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I was reading my second email from walmart saying my PS5 was being delayed, when the thing arrived at my door 10 minutes ago. Thankfully, it seems that not everyone who gets that email will have a delay.

Yep I got one buddy that was upset cause he got the delay email and got his already too. 

Happy PS5 day you wonderful beasts of burden 

On 11/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Been thinking, what do you say we retire this thread, in favor of an all inclusive, less "Us vs Them" video game thread?

We usually always started a new thread upon the dawn of the next gen. DM72 is no longer here to watch over this thread.

So anyone in favor of this, reply with a Like. Then we can have the mods close this one down and I'll start the new one 👍

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So anyone in favor of this, reply with a Like. Then we can have the mods close this one down and I'll start the new one 👍

I like, though I am still in favor of letting Xbox players know that they are beneath me and my PS5 Switch wombo-combo 

15 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

They had Xbox series X at the stores you went to? 

I don’t know. I just said “no thanks” and left. For all I know they were going to ask me to order one. 

Not interested in it so didn’t think to ask :ols:

Archived