Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I received an email from Amazon saying that I will receive my Xbox sometime between now and 12/31.  It’s for my son for Xmas, so I’m hoping it shows up before then.

I'm sure you will. I've never received anything on the low end of their date of delivery estimates,  and I order a **** ton from them, constantly 

Just went to Best Buy to pickup my Xbox Series X and heard the employee ringing up the guy next to me talking to him about the digital foundry video and how Xbox Series X loads games so much faster than PS5, and that Red Dead Redemption 2 loaded so much faster on XSX than PS5.

We have people getting hype about loading 2 year old games a couple second faster on next gen consoles.  

Not talking about what awesome XSX or PS5 games everyone is going to play at launch.

That is where we are at with this gen huh.

Eh, there are always those kind of people. I don’t think seconds of load times are really going to dictate which console the majority of people are going to get. That guy loves XBox and there is nothing wrong with that. If those seconds matter to him, well, I am not to tell him otherwise. (Not saying you are saying that). 

I wish I could afford both systems, I am interested in XBox because of all the older games you can play that I’ve never played, but I don’t have the time. I have about 10 games on the PS4 I have to finish first and Borderlands 3 is taking quite awhile. Only get about an hour a day to play. A little more on sundays being on I don’t really watch much NFL anymore, only Washington and i watch them on game pass without the commercials. 

I really cannot wait to get my hands on the Ps5 controller and the 3D sounds. Those are game changers to me. I hope the games follow in creativeness over the next couple of years. 

I mean RDR2 is I think the biggest game file size for any console and it has stupid load times. It’s a reflection of the power of the systems that it can load that game so fast. 

I don’t see it as a bad thing to be discussing

but rather a nice benchmark to measure these systems. Load times suck. They break immersion and and kill momentum or excitement and intensity. Reduced load times are something I’m definitely looking forward to with this gen. 

it’s also true to say that this gen’s launch lineups aren’t impressive 

It’s new tech and I think the dev versions weren’t even finalized until about a year ago. Expecting a bunch of AAA releases on day one imo is asking a lot when gaming in general is as much of a business as it is a medium these days. Companies make games to make money. Money is being made getting these systems out as fast as possible especially with COVID. To me it says less about the console generation than it does about the profitability of the industry as a whole. 

They wanna get the systems out fast and make money faster. The games being great are secondary. That’s just how the business is. Look at blizzard lol

I don’t even know if I’m disagreeing or agreeing at this point btw. Just ranting 

It looks fantastic and I love the setting and all the fun things you can do. The combat and animations just don’t do it for me so I’m passing for now 

I do like that they added assassin options in the settings where a hidden blade will always one-hit kill or you can set how effective some of the various assassin techniques and play styles are which helps make it more traditional while keeping the RPG elements

The same here, not after Odyssey. I've liked 3 AC games. Origins, syndicate and black flag. The rest suck in my opinion. 

I was looking forward to the lore and setting in Valhalla, but I have no interest right now. It doesn't help that there are lot of glitches from what I have read. Seems they should have delayed the game a bit instead of releasing when they weren't ready. 

Maybe I'll check it out in a couple of years when it gets cheaper.

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

The same here, not after Odyssey. I've liked 3 AC games. Origins, syndicate and black flag. The rest suck in my opinion. 

I was looking forward to the lore and setting in Valhalla, but I have no interest right now. It doesn't help that there are lot of glitches from what I have read. Seems they should have delayed the game a bit instead of releasing when they weren't ready. 

Maybe I'll check it out in a couple of years when it gets cheaper.

I'll admit I did like Odyssey and Origins. Black Flag has always been my favorite. There is something very Black Flag feeling about this game. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm waiting for a different color. No way I'm putting that "Foreman grill white" thing in my room.

I love the white. My living room is waiting. It’ll look great... sometime in the middle of 2021 when I find one.

Archived