Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

His face, hair and shoulders are dead on. But he needs to lose a little weight imo. Little too soggy in the middle for Drake

Fillion did lose a lot last year to get in better shape for last year's season 2 of The Rookie. 

At 49 though, its obvious they wanted to have a young Nathan Drake for the movie. 

The improvements made to the PS5 interface are going to be great. The game is always in the background so you can mess around with the menu and it doesn't take you out of the game. Faster ways to get into chats and interact with others will be nice too. They've streamlined everything you need to be able to do. 

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

In the end, delays are good if it means a more polished and bug free game. 

But it also raises expectations.

Agree. Though this most recent delay pushes it out of my completely coincidental stomach flu window. That will also have to be adjusted now. 

I also find it interesting that they specifically talk about all the platforms and testing on all of them being a reason for the delay.

I can see this being an issue with Xbox games in the future.  They are going to have to do full testing on 4 different pieces of hardware.  That takes a lot of resources. 

PS5 games once we are out of the "upgrade" phase (however long that will be) shouldn't have this problem since PS5 games will only run on PS5 versus 4 Microsoft consoles.

I saw this as an "issue" way on when MS went this route.  It's just going to cost more money and time to create games for Xbox now so it is going to mean longer development windows.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So what are the big-hype games being discussed for PS5?  I expect I'd get one for Xmas but haven't heard much (probably because I haven't paid attention). 

Spiderman Miles Morales or whatever the new version is, but apparently it's also on PS4 I think.  I don't care about that game at all.

Demon Souls is one people are hyping up.  I never played the original so I may get it at launch.  The $70 price tag though is making me hesitate a little bit.

I personally won't "have" to have one until Ratchet and Clank comes out.  The devs said "launch window" but that is some arbitrary term they made up.  I'm confident it's not coming out this year since they haven't said it is.  I'd guess like March or so it will come out.

I'm not sure if I am keeping my PS5 or not.  Same with my XSX.

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So what are the big-hype games being discussed for PS5?  I expect I'd get one for Xmas but haven't heard much (probably because I haven't paid attention). 

Like @purbeastsaid, there really aren’t any launch titles to get excited over. Everything keeps getting delayed and what’s left are remasters or non exclusive....except for things like Astros play room or Sacboy. Nothing to get hype over. 

Honestly I’m mostly excited to have something that can take advantage of my TV and Receiver. The fact that it upgrades some of my fav games is just a plus

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Like @purbeastsaid, there really aren’t any launch titles to get excited over. Everything keeps getting delayed and what’s left are remasters or non exclusive....except for things like Astros play room or Sacboy. Nothing to get hype over. 

Honestly I’m mostly excited to have something that can take advantage of my TV and Receiver. The fact that it upgrades some of my fav games is just a plus

Sacboy is on PS4 so that isn't even a PS5 game.

Astros play room will probably be fun but it's a freebie so I'm sure there isn't much to it.  

Astrobot on PSVR is one of the best games on PS4.  I wish they made a part 2.  Playroom won't be anything near as cool as that game was since it's not VR.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Sacboy is on PS4 so that isn't even a PS5 game.

I know they are making a new one. But it may not be PS5 exclusive. Not that it matters I don’t think it’s my type of game anyway. 

But hey .... @purbeast if you don’t keep your PS5.....mine got delayed from GameStop until 2021. If I can’t get another one I’ll buy that joint off you if you are willing. I really want it on launch (Moving into the new crib, got the Marantz, got the speakers, got the TV....just need the PlayStation and I’m set for a 3rd, 4th and 5th wave). First week in the new house is the same week if launch so my priorities are right ****ed at the moment but i don’t care. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Have people already dismissed Godfall?

I most certainly have. The combat looks terrible to me. Slow, enemies just standing around. 

That said, the fantasy behind it is totally my style so I really want it to be good. But I have been burned by to many games recently to fall for this one. Ill wait for some reviews. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I also find it interesting that they specifically talk about all the platforms and testing on all of them being a reason for the delay.

Bethesda is rolling over in their piles of cash right now at the thought of delaying a game for testing 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That said, the fantasy behind it is totally my style so I really want it to be good. But I have been burned by to many games recently to fall for this one. Ill wait for some reviews.

yeah same. I watched that cinematic trailer and I wanted it injected into my veins. Then I saw the combat and gameplay and was like ehhh. Which is how I feel about the Witcher. Loved the world, lore, and story but hated the gameplay and couldn’t get into it. 

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Which is how I feel about the Witcher. Loved the world, lore, and story but hated the gameplay and couldn’t get into it. 

****,  please. I found Witcher 3 combat fun as hell. Its the forced morality that some people (not me) have a problem with. That and the ****tillion side quests. 😁

Archived