Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

The console world is interesting, in that Fortnite was so popular, they busted the "no cross platform" wall.  COD is also cross-platform.  My son played Fortnite and COD via our Xbox with his PS4 friends and even me via a PC.  

It used to be you and your friends want the same console.... EA with their sports franchises will probably be cross platform in a few years as well (not sure if PC will be includrd).   Probably still safe going this route.  For a second I considered buying both consoles so he could play with PS friends.  

Single player or online with random... I suppose it depends on what exclusives you want with the console. 

I reverse echo Fan with a fetus regarding XBOX. I am not a "Microsoft fanboy", but our Xbox One has been good... I imagine neither console would really go down the wrong path. 

You just blew my mind with the cross platform talk. I just looked it up and its REAL, lol. That is awesome. Amazing. So it’s only CoD and you mentioned fortnite?

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

I disagree with this a bit as I think the latest iterations of the Xbox UI are better. Although the "blades" on Xbox 360 is still my favorite version on any console.

PS4 UI was a big upgrade from what I thought was really lackluster on the PS3, but I still give Xbox the edge on UI until I see more about what the PS5 will look like. The new Xbox UI is already being used in a slightly stripped down version on the Xbox One.

Blades was the best.

It's just unreal to me how convoluted the UI on Xbox is.  There is absolutely no flow to it.  It's also unresponsive as ****.  I remember trying to figure out how the **** to just quit my current game.  Like to close it freom the dash and I couldn't figure it out easily.

Microsoft has always been terrible at UI and it's crazy to me how it just gets worse and worse.  

One more thing to think about is some of the games mentioned here will be on PSPlus on the PS5 from day one.

Infamous: Second Son

The Last of Us: Remastered

Detroit Become Human

Ratchet and Clank

Bloodborne

Batman Arkham Knight

God of War

Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

And many others

I am looking forward to trying out Days Gone (also apart of the collection). They are adding 25Gb to that game to clear it up. I never played it, but if they are putting that effort in, I will be trying it.

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

One more thing to think about is some of the games mentioned here will be on PSPlus on the PS5 from day one.

Infamous: Second Son

The Last of Us: Remastered

Detroit Become Human

Ratchet and Clank

Bloodborne

Batman Arkham Knight

God of War

Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

And many others

I am looking forward to trying out Days Gone (also apart of the collection). They are adding 25Gb to that game to clear it up. I never played it, but if they are putting that effort in, I will be trying it.

here is the full list. Just a fantastic lineup of games 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My feelings on RE7 are very much like my feelings on AC: Origins: Nice change up, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come. And sure enough...

I can't have nice things

compared to RE 5 and 6 id take it any day of the week.  Return to survival horror in a large area with puzzles and small areas to methodically work through. 

the standard though should be new games following the RE2 Remake style. 

hell even the RE 7-8 style would be fine with a return to traditional zombies like the earlier games. As they are they’re just awesome horror games (well 8 has yet to prove that) but they aren’t RE games 

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I still havent played andromeda. Just never say right with me

Combat is wonderful. Story is middle of the road. Becomes a slog in some areas. Graphics/character animations got them nailed early (wasn't a big deal to me). Glitches, some game breaking, got them nailed late (that was a huge deal to me).

On 11/7/2020 at 2:40 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Combat is wonderful. Story is middle of the road. Becomes a slog in some areas. Graphics/character animations got them nailed early (wasn't a big deal to me). Glitches, some game breaking, got them nailed late (that was a huge deal to me).

I liked the combat a lot, but the story didn't grab me like the past games. Also, a lot of scanning and fetch quests, not really what I'm looking for in a narrative heavy game.

Has anyone put anytime into Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - Deluxe Edition? I think this is the closest thing I'll get to DOS 2 gameplay wise.

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Y’all think Mass Effect is going to end up being a Xbox Exclusive? Didn’t BioWare get purchased or something? 

Afaik the Remaster will be released on all consoles. And Mass Effect actually started as an XBox/Microsoft exclusive under BioWare, so I doubt EA (a non console  exclusive company, and wss ho purchased BioWare like a decade ago) would make it an exclusive again for the new one. But I guess anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Afaik the Remaster will be released on all consoles. And Mass Effect actually started as an XBox/Microsoft exclusive under BioWare, so I doubt EA (a non console  exclusive company, and wss ho purchased BioWare like a decade ago) would make it an exclusive again for the new one. But I guess anything is possible.

Bethesda. Bethesda was who I was thinking of! My bad I was all off. 

Yea you would be right about Mass Effect then. 

Archived