Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

10 hours ago, clietas said:

What levels your character and gear? Put any points into leadership?

Plasma mods seemed useless against the Mantis' o Monarch. Shock seemed more effective. 

Ahh that makes sense. Leadership and determination is into the 40's.

I run off energy weapons, but was using the plasma rifle instead of the shock round shotgun. I think I'm lvl 13-15, somewhere in there.

Mantis things were tough, but I could have Felix (who I use as my tank) to get in close and distract them while me and the preacher pop off shots and take them down. Just used up a ton of ammo, and it started getting more daunting as you get further into the canyon, sometimes coming across two boss mantises and 2 raptidons.

**** got stupid though as I got into the city limits and started fighting raiders and their assault mechs. They all spray with ungodly ferocity,  and the mechs shoot those damn kamehameha waves that seem to get you even from behind cover.

Finally got lucky and crit killed the mech and was able to take the rest of them down on like the 30th try. THEN I finally realized the preachers armor was like lvl 7, and his pistol was like 100 dps below where it was supposed to be 😅.

Man I was about ready to break something lol.

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Goddamn I'm getting my ass kicked every 5 seconds on Monarch. Got a feeling I wasn't supposed to come here yet. Burned through a thousand plasma rounds and have died like 20 times, and still have 900 meters to go.

Making me want to rethink this nerd build. Went from Hard to seemingly Impossible mode. My companions get gunned down in seconds and I'm constantly left to cower in the fetal position.

I played through it with basically putting all of my points into persuasion, intelligence and shooting. I think you do need to invest a little in something for combat, but I believe there is an area of your ship you can respec your character. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Goddamn I'm getting my ass kicked every 5 seconds on Monarch. Got a feeling I wasn't supposed to come here yet. Burned through a thousand plasma rounds and have died like 20 times, and still have 900 meters to go.

Making me want to rethink this nerd build. Went from Hard to seemingly Impossible mode. My companions get gunned down in seconds and I'm constantly left to cower in the fetal position.

What's your build like? Remember you can always re-spec back at the ship.

On Normal mode I had no issues whatsoever. On Hard enemies got a bit tankier. I ran a stealth/long guns comp though and could snipe most enemies from far away in 1-2 shots.

My companions sucked too. Apparently you need to spec into Leadership for them to get really good. Maybe my next playthrough...

Nah I'm good now., fellas.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What's your build like? Remember you can always re-spec back at the ship.

Sacrificed Strength and Perception for good Temperament, high Charm, very high Intellect and good Dexterity, with Engineering Aptitude. 

Heavy Tech/Stealth, with decent Leadership and Dialog. Nothing in Defense and Melee , barely passable in Ranged, save for long guns, which I plan to capitalize on when I get a hold of a long gun Science weapon, because of my high skill there, and my perks, which will add +100% science weapon damage by the time I get one. 

Most of my other perks increase my load capacity, weapon degradation, and everything else benefits my companions, improving their crit chance, cooling down their abilities and allowing me to get high xp off their kills. I also get the vendor perks so I can buy, sell and use my skills to make the best weapons and armor for them.

Basically I just get them to initiate combat,  then fire off shots from behind cover. It had just been a little over a week since I last played so I forgot to upgrade Max's loadout. My Companions are pretty damn good, but truth be told, to do a drama free run here on Monarch, I probably need to be in the 70's on Leadership and Determination. Right now my Inspiration is at 48 and Determination is at 50. Gonna dump all my points there on the next level jump.

I also have to remember to pop the consumables, but everything had been smooth sailing up until Monarch so I honestly had no need for them.

I'm not good. I landed on the wrong landing site :ols:. No wonder this **** seemed so insane (the one one I'm on has some crazy warning on tg here)

it's basically just a massive hunting ground.  Probably a good place to farm xp, if you hate life and just want everything now. Ended up going deeper and deeper until somehow I arrived back at my ship

I landed at the right place this time and it's only 90 meters from me. Should've known something was off when that **** said 900.

There are so many sweet guns in this game tho. Gonna do a second run. Straight up cold hearted Chow Yun Fat bullet time type ****

2 hours ago, clietas said:

I meant to ask if you landed in Casscadia instead of Stellar Bay. The mantis n raps there are pretty tough.

Yeah I initially went there for Vicar Max's loyalty mission. Figured Stellar Bay was the main story quest port, as both ports had the green mission indicator on them.

No biggie though. I discovered my shock spec'd shotty does a number on humans, and now that I've been fighting and dying out there awhile (call it accidental farming) my Determination and Leadership is into the 70's, and they have fully updated loadout and it's a lot easier now.

Man getting my Killer Instinct 2 cabinet into a MAME cabinet may have opened a can of worms for me...

I am not chatting this guy up who is selling a Maximum Force cabinet locally and I am really considering purchasing it.  Having a light gun game in my basement would be oh so much fun.

Someone talk me out of it please.

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Man getting my Killer Instinct 2 cabinet into a MAME cabinet may have opened a can of worms for me...

I am not chatting this guy up who is selling a Maximum Force cabinet locally and I am really considering purchasing it.  Having a light gun game in my basement would be oh so much fun.

Someone talk me out of it please.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaJoZGNEhCJqABhFKQUE-

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaJoZGNEhCJqABhFKQUE-

Yeah it's a pretty fair/good deal though IMO.  $300 and it's one of the larger cabinets too like this:

1181242137153.jpg

And I'm putting my 2 weeks in probably this week cause I landed a new job making a lot more than I was before.

I think I'm talking msyelf into it.

Damnit.

And if it's easy to convert the Maximum Force PCB into a combo of Area 51 and Maximum Force... ****, I'd have to do it.

And I just found out I can convert it into having Area 51 as well for $60?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Area-51-Maximum-Force-Duo-Arcade-Compact-Flash-Card-Upgrade-Conversion-Kit/163696118062

giphy.gif

Now the only problem is going to be talking my wife into this.  But in reality, it's a game she could pick up and play too because it's pretty straight forward - you just shoot ****!

Wife gave me The Outer Worlds as an early xmas gift because December is my slow month at work (and bc I wouldn’t shut up about a new, basically, Fallout). So far I’m putzing around Edgewater running errands for people and stealing everything that isnt nailed down. The small ass text is ****ing killing me. I have a 75” tv and I still can hardly see it. 

On 12/8/2019 at 11:15 PM, purbeast said:

And I just found out I can convert it into having Area 51 as well for $60?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Area-51-Maximum-Force-Duo-Arcade-Compact-Flash-Card-Upgrade-Conversion-Kit/163696118062

Now the only problem is going to be talking my wife into this.  But in reality, it's a game she could pick up and play too because it's pretty straight forward - you just shoot ****!

You have to talk your wife into buying a $60 conversion kit for a video game?  If so, bypass that and buy it for her for Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You have to talk your wife into buying a $60 conversion kit for a video game?  If so, bypass that and buy it for her for Christmas.

I'm referring to talking her into putting another arcade game in my basement just due to the size it will take up.

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I was getting ready to say all that stuff you've been getting and building.  If it's a conversion kit, can it not be used in an existing case?  Like share a case?

I don't have any cabinet with light guns on em.   I only have my KI2 cabinet.

All that conversion kit does is take a single Area 51 or Maximum Force board, and it turns it into a Area 51 AND Maximum Force board so you have 2 games instead of 1.

I'm planning on going to the dudes house next Monday to check it out on lunch break and if it's good enough condition and stuff, I'll probably pick it up later on the weekend.

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Fiance has a connect and im on the list to get Cyperpunk 2077 sent to me on 20th for free apparently. 

The ring was worth it.  

Alpha or beta build? 

I haven’t upgraded my pc in three years but this bad boy is getting the tankiest hardware upgrade my PC can be pushed to.

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Alpha or beta build? 

I haven’t upgraded my pc in three years but this bad boy is getting the tankiest hardware upgrade my PC can be pushed to.

Ah sorry -- I mean April 20th. On release day not a alpha or beta anything. Not that good of a connect lol 

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

wtf. Tell the connect you will require 2

Lol i wish it was like that 

Archived