Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxnews: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I recall a fan made script floating around that was supposed to be episode 7. It was really good!

I'm very interested in seeing many of the reunited cast of the original trilogy. (you know it'll happen.)

I've never read any of the short novels that were released about StarWars. But I often wonder... what happened to Han Solo? Did he continue to smuggle or did he marry Princess Leia?

I can fill you in. Han married Leia and had three childen. Two of the three are now deceased. Also has a granddaughter.

Hope they don't move out of the Presidio. :(

Seriously, this has to be good news. Imagine the Star Wars universe without George's insane need for endless ewoks and gungans to appeal to the kids.

Imagine how awesome a Josh Wheden Star Wars movie would be.

Cool news. I think.

One thing I do NOT want to see is a trilogy based on the Thrawn books. They were good books, but that's not what I want to see.

You can't honestly believe in Disney making a good Episode VII can you?
Does this mean they're gonna stop changing them?

---------- Post added October-30th-2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

Johny Depp as Grand Admiral Thrawn. :)

Zahn.jpg

Put me in, Mickey. This franchise needs an enema.

I've never read any of the short novels that were released about StarWars. But I often wonder... what happened to Han Solo? Did he continue to smuggle or did he marry Princess Leia?

Han and Leia married and had twins Jacen and Jaina and another son Anakin. Chewbacca died. Lando is still around pedaling specialized droids. Luke married the emperors former assassin, Mara Jade and they have a son named Ben. I am a nerd.

Wow! Great news, imo. Disney bought up Marvel and they are still cranking out awesome films.

I would much rather see a fresh Star Wars film universe based on the The Old Republic time period. So many options...HK-47...nerdgasm.

I agree. Old Republic era stuff would be so much more interesting.

Just please, no Dark Horse stuff. Do something original.

Well, this could really go either way couldn't it. I think it could be awesome if they bring back some of the original actors/characters and fast forward about 30 years, if they use quality writers and director. I personally don't think they need to follow any of the storylines from the books.

...and whenever a good star wars thread comes up, always a good opportunity to promote this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?360132-Attn-Star-Wars-Fans-THESE-are-the-versions-you-ve-been-looking-for-%28Screened-Behind-the-Scenes-of-Harmy-s-Star-Wars-quot-Despecialized-Editions-quot-%29

the closest you can get to digital quality prints of the original trilogy (pre "specialized" CGI craptacularness)

Archived