Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxnews: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12848

Star Wars Episode VII: Rumour Alert: Filming At Pinewood Confirmed?

We just got news from a very trusted source that a filming location deal was signed a couple of months ago and studio space and facilites have been block booked for the next ten years at Pinewood Studios.

In a move similar to the Prequels (JAK Productions) and Return of the Jedi (Blue Harvest Productions) the film is in pre-production under a pseudonym: Foodles Productions Ltd, a company registered on 26th March 2013 to the Disney headquarters in London.

Further to this we understand that the film has been in pre-production at Pinewood Studios for three and a half months in advance of an August 2013 shooting date. We hear they have block booked the studios for 10 years and that construction of offices and facilities on-site is underway. Also storage space is being located in the local area.

UPDATE:: This just in from a friend of the site.

Those of you not familiar on UK business setup. Traditionally formed by a prepacked business.

You buy a box with business setup and existing director resigns, you register your directorship and change business name. Costs about £100.00 sterling.

Lucasfilm have not gone this route. They setup the business from scratch on paper as LFL Productions, they resigned and used a non-descript name with non-descript directors. Common thing to do to hide your accounts. Footballers / celebrities do it to hide their business dealings. LFL have used their name to start with when they could have bought an off-the-shelf business with no trace back for £100.00 sterling.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/02/new-star-wars-might-use-more-elegant-fx-for-a-more-civilized-age/

New STAR WARS Might Use More Elegant FX For A More Civilized Age

The Star Wars Celebration in Europe this past weekend was kind of a bust. We found out John Williams would be back to score Episode VII, but that’s about it. We haven’t even found out the title of the movie, which is coming out in less than two years.

What we did hear was a series of reassurances from producer Kathleen Kennedy that boiled down to one thing: this won’t be the Prequels again. ‘We have an amazing team at ILM, who can create fantastic effects, but if we don’t have a great story and characters, the effects mean nothing,’ Kennedy said. Of course story and characters weren’t exactly the problem with the Prequels - the movies were loaded with (bad) story and (boring) characters. But still, many point to the film’s reliance on green screens and CG characters as indicative of what went wrong with Star Wars. And Kennedy is definitely nodding to those people.

‘Looking at all the Star Wars movies and getting a feel for what even some of the early films did, combining real locations and special effects – that’s something we’re looking very seriously at... ‘It’s using model makers; it’s using real droids; it’s taking advantage of artwork that you actually can touch and feel,’ she said. ‘And we want to do that in combination with CG effects. We figure that’s what will make it real.’

It’s a little weird that they’re just looking into this stuff though, isn’t it? The movie starts shooting in a couple of months; you’d think they would be so knee-deep in pre-production that these decisions would have already been made. I know that Lucasfilm keeps saying they’re hitting a 2015 date, but...

Anyway, I’m fascinated by what Kennedy had to say. It’s fairly positive in that it speaks to Lucasfilm understanding some of what went wrong with the Prequels. Those movies made a bunch of money and, for whatever sick reason, have their own fans, so they can’t really **** on them (a popular pastime in the modern era, where filmmakers promoting their new sequel **** on the previous entry they made in the franchise) but she can use codewords to let us know that they’re course correcting back to classic Star Wars.

• 3 weeks later...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/02/new-star-wars-might-use-more-elegant-fx-for-a-more-civilized-age/

New STAR WARS Might Use More Elegant FX For A More Civilized Age

The Star Wars Celebration in Europe this past weekend was kind of a bust. We found out John Williams would be back to score Episode VII, but that’s about it. We haven’t even found out the title of the movie, which is coming out in less than two years.

What we did hear was a series of reassurances from producer Kathleen Kennedy that boiled down to one thing: this won’t be the Prequels again. ‘We have an amazing team at ILM, who can create fantastic effects, but if we don’t have a great story and characters, the effects mean nothing,’ Kennedy said. Of course story and characters weren’t exactly the problem with the Prequels - the movies were loaded with (bad) story and (boring) characters. But still, many point to the film’s reliance on green screens and CG characters as indicative of what went wrong with Star Wars. And Kennedy is definitely nodding to those people.

‘Looking at all the Star Wars movies and getting a feel for what even some of the early films did, combining real locations and special effects – that’s something we’re looking very seriously at... ‘It’s using model makers; it’s using real droids; it’s taking advantage of artwork that you actually can touch and feel,’ she said. ‘And we want to do that in combination with CG effects. We figure that’s what will make it real.’

It’s a little weird that they’re just looking into this stuff though, isn’t it? The movie starts shooting in a couple of months; you’d think they would be so knee-deep in pre-production that these decisions would have already been made. I know that Lucasfilm keeps saying they’re hitting a 2015 date, but...

Anyway, I’m fascinated by what Kennedy had to say. It’s fairly positive in that it speaks to Lucasfilm understanding some of what went wrong with the Prequels. Those movies made a bunch of money and, for whatever sick reason, have their own fans, so they can’t really **** on them (a popular pastime in the modern era, where filmmakers promoting their new sequel ****on the previous entry they made in the franchise) but she can use codewords to let us know that they’re course correcting back to classic Star Wars.

Halle freaking lujah, preaching to the choir. Sounds good. I'm tired of watching movies with CGI coming out of my eyeballs. Use animatronics (that's more real than anything CGI could hope to produce), use real locales, use everything you can to make it as realistic as possible, and keep the CGI to tolerable levels. That's exactly what I want.

• 8 months later...

Imma picking this one to put this in:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=864207

Lucasfilm confirms new 'Star Wars' trilogy has no ties to expanded universe

Our long, global crisis is finally over: The new "Star Wars" trilogy will not have any ties to the Expanded Universe post-"Return of the Jedi."

"In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe,"Lucasfilm announced in a press release on StarWars.com Friday.

Also on TheWrap:  'Star Wars' Announcement Is Coming: Disney Chairman Alan Horn Teases Cast Is 'Almost Complete'

Fans have long speculated that director JJ Abrams' "Episode VII" would have ties to the popular post-"Jedi" universe, but Lucasfilm President — and "Episode VII" producer Kathleen Kennedy — has other plans.

For the first time ever, the company has formed "a story group to oversee and coordinate all Star Wars creative development," according to site.

"We have an unprecedented slate of new Star Wars entertainment on the horizon," Kennedy said in the press release. "We're set to bring Star Wars back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before."

Also on TheWrap:  'Star Wars' Plot Details Revealed: Episode VII Will Take Place 30 Years After 'Jedi'

The offspring belonging to Luke SkywalkerHan Solo and Princess Leia have significant roles in the EU canon. But just because those specific iterations will be absent from Abrams' film, that doesn't mean a version of them won't make an appearance.

Current rumors persist that "Episode VII" centers on the original films' lead trio and a few — or all — of their children.

Audiences will see for themselves when the film hits theaters December 18, 2015.

There are basics of the EU that they should not just ignore or dismiss. I can see how it would be limiting to have three new movies fit in seamlessly with the rest of the EU cannon, but the major arc of the story and the existence of key characters can provide important scaffolding that fans (exposed to the EU or not) will understand and appreciate.

Just sayin.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/27/star-wars-clues-carrie-fisher-harrison-ford-mark-hamill-in-london-as-new-trilogy-is-set-to-begin/

'Star Wars' clues: Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill in London as new trilogy is set to begin

Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill — three people who are synonymous with classic Star Wars — have all turned up in London this weekend, just as J.J. Abrams’ first installment in the new trilogy is about to begin shooting at nearby Pinewood Studios.

This caused a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly tweeted out in unison — but this time it’s Lucasfilm that has gone silent. No casting news has been confirmed, even though principal photography is imminent. Fisher, Ford, and Hamill have all dropped hints, both publicly and privately, that they are planning to return

Well I like everything I've heard thus far. They have a clear blueprint of how not to **** this up.... Put it like that.

Reality = good

CGI = bad, very bad

I want a little more gritty-ness. I don't want Luke/Han Leia carrying the group (at least throughout the whole film). No emo Hayden Christensen "Obi Wan hates me, mom died and my heart cant bear it" stuff. I want believeable characters, and dark villains. I want some disturbing images.

PG-13 this mother****er

Disney is such a tease, they told me I could build my own lightsaber at Disney World's Tomorrow Land...but they were missing the pieces that connect the light saber to the...light saber holder?  Hilt?  

Anyways, the movies sound pretty cool and I'm sure Disney will do fine with them...just make sure they stock up on those connectors...that is all...

Disney is such a tease, they told me I could build my own lightsaber at Disney World's Tomorrow Land...but they were missing the pieces that connect the light saber to the...light saber holder?  Hilt?  

Anyways, the movies sound pretty cool and I'm sure Disney will do fine with them...just make sure they stock up on those connectors...that is all...

You might be interested in this.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/Default.asp

Looking forward to this. Excited to see what Abrams and the crew will do. I do hope that he keeps in mind there is a much broader audience than the 1323 loudest geeks out there and just flat out has a blast making the movie. 

Archived