Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxnews: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, this could really go either way couldn't it. I think it could be awesome if they bring back some of the original actors/characters and fast forward about 30 years, if they use quality writers and director. I personally don't think they need to follow any of the storylines from the books.

Have you actually seen Mark Hammil or Carrie Fisher lately? Not happening. And Ford LOOKS his age.

---------- Post added October-30th-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

The potential is so high if you think about. I really hope they take their time and go quality and not cheesy.

Well, the first one is scheduled for a 2015 release. So they aren't necessarily taking their time.

But who knows how long this has been in the works. They may have needed to have a decent story outline before Lucas would turn it over.

Why? Obviously they would be much older now, and there would be younger characters.

Nobody wants to watch Carrie Fisher play nerd-dom's biggest sex icon Princess Leia, at her age. It's not an insult to her, but she looks her age, and she hasn't aged gracefully. Ford can probably barely move at his age. Hammil fell off the Hollywood radar for a reason--he wasn't a talented actor, and he didn't like acting. It wasn't his passion. He can't play off that naive farm-boy thing at his age, and wouldn't want to. It just wouldn't work. There's no need.

If any of the key original cast were brought back, I would imagine it would be in a very limited capacity. As in, not the main protagonists actors needed, but as more of a support role. Afterall, their trilogy is over. The new one would be a new set of characters.

If any of the key original cast were brought back, I would imagine it would be in a very limited capacity. As in, not the main protagonists actors needed, but as more of a support role. Afterall, their trilogy is over. The new one would be a new set of characters.

Yeah I meant there would be younger main characters, but I do think the originals could have significant parts, especially in the first episode of the new trilogy.

I was incredibly excited to the point of hyperventilating (almost) when I read this.

Then I remembered- Ewoks, Jar Jar. Whiny Aniken, constant Syntax reverse Yoda and ........ Samuel L Jackson as Mace Windu.

Somethings are best left alone.

I've often wondered what new blood could do with Star Wars. I think Disney could do a great job. Tons of potential in the right hands, and I think we can all agree those weren't Lucas' hands anymore. Episode III was right up there with the best of the original trilogy, but Episode I was ALMOST unforgivable. Episode II was ok.

I think the Thrawn trilogy would be the obvious story line, but maybe they are going in a whole new direction.

I was incredibly excited to the point of hyperventilating (almost) when I read this.

Then I remembered- Ewoks, Jar Jar. Whiny Aniken, constant Syntax reverse Yoda and ........ Samuel L Jackson as Mace Windu.

Somethings are best left alone.

All of those things happened under Lucas.

Hammil fell off the Hollywood radar for a reason--he wasn't a talented actor, and he didn't like acting. It wasn't his passion.

Link?

I had always heard it was mostly due to the facial scarring from the car accident, which was a problem for his future as an actor. But he's been a prolific voice actor the last few decades. Which isn't the career path of someone who doesn't have a passion for acting.

Not huge into star wars (star trek, all day), but I have heard about a lot of books from the star wars universe. If you're going to do an episode 7, don't have nothing to do with anything from 1-6. Do something new and keep it going, please. I don't know if dark is Disney's specialty, so I am fully prepared for more suck. Episode III was cooler then the other prequels, but still, I have this horrible feeling we're going to see more of that cartoon network star wars feel going into the future...

Link?

I had always heard it was mostly due to the facial scarring from the car accident, which was a problem for his future as an actor. But he's been a prolific voice actor the last few decades. Which isn't the career path of someone who doesn't have a passion for acting.

That was his passion, the voice acting. He turned down roles when his name was still hot I believe. Not really his thing. Fisher did the same. Her passion is writing, though she's done a couple things here and there.

---------- Post added October-30th-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

You guys think DISNEY will be LESS JarJar/ Ewok than Lucas??????????

Look up some message board threads of comic fans back around the time Disney made a similar deal for Marvel Entertainment. That turned out great. They don't kiddy everything up.

That was his passion, the voice acting. He turned down roles when his name was still hot I believe. Not really his thing. Fisher did the same. Her passion is writing, though she's done a couple things here and there.

Doesn't mean either of them wouldn't come back. You can't have an episode VII without a 30 year older Luke Skywalker imo.

Doesn't mean either of them wouldn't come back. You can't have an episode VII without a 30 year older Luke Skywalker imo.

We have no idea when this takes place right now though. It could be an Old Republic thing thousands and thousands of years before the prequels even. We just don't know. I can't wait until some details leak, this thing has a release date approximately 2.5-3 years from now. They'll want to start building hype eventually, even before casting, etc. is started. That's how it went with the prequels.

Incidentally, the plot details around "Episode 7" are scant, but Lucas has dropped these hints over the years: It takes place a few decades after "Return of the Jedi," continues the story of Luke Skywalker, and would deal with the rebuilding of the republic.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-wars-goes-disney-extent-231113047.html

This is the storyline I would be hoping for...

Mark Hamill would ABSOLUTELY come back. He's talked about it for years now.

As long as the script is quality of course.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 02:55 AM ----------

Basically sounds like the novels...which would be fine with me.

Lucas dropped hints for years about a sequel trilogy that never happened, but now those details are irrelevant. In fact, most of those hints and such came before the prequel trilogy was even made, and were mostly made obsolete/unnecessary. Especially since Lucas green-lit an entire library of canon Star Wars books and comics that fill the gap. But I'd expect those to be ignored unless they really are going to somehow replace or replicate the original trio of Luke, Han, and Leia.

I think we'll be seeing something totally new here, assuming its not based on SW canon (books/comics).

Come to think of it, Dark Empire would make a great story if they could realistically CGI the original actors faces onto younger bodies. Pipe dream that would probably look terrible, but the way CGI is nowadays...you never know.

Lucas dropped hints for years about a sequel trilogy that never happened, but now those details are irrelevant. In fact, most of those hints and such came before the prequel trilogy was even made, and were mostly made obsolete/unnecessary. Especially since Lucas green-lit an entire library of canon Star Wars books and comics that fill the gap. But I'd expect those to be ignored unless they really are going to somehow replace or replicate the original trio of Luke, Han, and Leia.

I think we'll be seeing something totally new here, assuming its not based on SW canon (books/comics).

Come to think of it, Dark Empire would make a great story if they could realistically CGI the original actors faces onto younger bodies. Pipe dream that would probably look terrible, but the way CGI is nowadays...you never know.

Well, you know a lot more about it than I do. I just want to see an older, badass Luke Skywalker.

Well, you know a lot more about it than I do. I just want to see an older, badass Luke Skywalker.

That would be cool! I really want to know if CGI has progressed to the point of motion-capturing Fisher/Ford/Hammil's facial acting and "younging" them up so they look a bit older than original trilogy versions of themselves. That way you get the same chemistry, the same quirks and expressions. No one else can pull off Solo's ****y, but lovable, smirk for instance.

A pipe dream I'm sure.

Archived