Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxnews: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B

BRAVEONAWARPATH

**** YEAH!!!!! Now we should get to see Luke turn towards the dark side, just like the dark horse graphic novels, hopefully.

I heard the story is gonna be something totally new.

---------- Post added October-31st-2012 at 01:37 AM ----------

Look what they did with the Avengers. Very good.

People just have it stitched in their minds that Disney is all about Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the gang. Disney DOES make serious kickass movies too.

If any of the key original cast were brought back, I would imagine it would be in a very limited capacity. As in, not the main protagonists actors needed, but as more of a support role. Afterall, their trilogy is over. The new one would be a new set of characters.

I wouldn't mind some of the original cast for an extended cameo at best. Whatever the story is, it needs to create a new legacy. Also, I don't think the new trilogy will be the end of it. There might be side projects eventually.

I am glad there will be more and can't wait for 2015. Can you image that summer; it would have Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7.

Han and Leia married and had twins Jacen and Jaina and another son Anakin. Chewbacca died. Lando is still around pedaling specialized droids. Luke married the emperors former assassin, Mara Jade and they have a son named Ben. I am a nerd.

and that's about where i stopped reading. Anakin, part II was reconciling the dark and light sides of the force last i remember...

2015 has Avengers 2, Star Wars 7 and Justice League? Man, thats some line-up.

This is great news. Disney has a good track record with the Marvel movies...

The story I read was that ep 7, 8 and 9 will follow Luke, Han and Co. in further adventures. I sure hope they get the original crew but Carrie Fisher needs to drop some weight if she is gonna get in that slave girl bikini.

That was Jacen wasn't it?

well, crap... i think you're right. it's been a while. i enjoyed those "new jedi order" books as it seemed that the light and dark sides were taking a new direction. just read a bit of the wiki on jacen, and it looks like the dark and light then took a more predictable course.

The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new "Star Wars" movie every two or three years.

If they decide to go with a story that is within the realistic lifetime of Luke Skywalker, then they must have Mark Hamill back to reprise the role. To those who claim he can't act, his performance in Return of the Jedi is the heart of that movie as opposed to the "mail it in" performace given by Harrison Ford. To claim he can't pull off "nieve farmboy" now misses the point that, A Luke wasn't a "nieve farmboy" in Return of the Jedi and B Hamill's best performance was as a mature Luke Skywalker. All this comes from someone who as a kid was always a "Han" guy and not a "Luke" guy.

I'm torn as to what I'd like to see. Part of me would love to see Luke and others again (ironically though not Han Solo. Harrison Ford is just a lazy actor now and seems tired and bored and I really don't want to see a tired and bored 75 year old Han Solo). But another part feels that taking the sequel trilogy 100 years after Jedi and come up with something new would be interesting.

The only thing that I know is that under no circumstances should this be developed from any of those books written in the 90's/00's nor should it be an "Old Republic" trilogy. It will be fun having something fresh to look forward to instead of a story that we already know how things turn out or ultimately turn out.

I hope that this changes the flow of these movies a bit. I don't think we have to worry about trilogies anymore. Why not just release movies that are underneath the Star Wars umbrella? It should be a brand, not a single, linear story. So, you don't have to spend 9 years putting out 3 consecutive movies that either start or end with one of the existing trilogies. You can put out a movie that takes place right after Return of the Jedi in 2015 and then put out a movie that takes place 1,000 years before Phantom Menace later on. I would like to see them address many different angles and story lines instead of just following the same characters and their ancestors.

I think it is kind of funny that the price is 4.05 Billion. How did they decide to add the .05 in there? "4 billion is not enough, I need 4.05 billion"

Some of the agreed money was the purchase of stock, and I'm assuming it was an agreed upon percentage of stock that made the overall value go just a bit over 4 billion.

So I guess that Mark Hamill is available.

Who could have guessed?

(Side note: a buddy of mine works in the tv industry. One of his bosses is a nerd tv writer who turned into a mega-gazillionaire because owning a piece of a show that is on 24 hours a day in syndication is a good thing. Anyway, his boss had a birthday and his birthday present was.....Mark Hamill. Basically, they had a dinner and Mark Hamill showed up and told stories for three hours. And was paid well to do it. My friend is one of the most fun evenings of his life).

Archived