Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R.I.P. Royallypwned

Rdskn4Lyf21

Wow...this is the last thing I expected to read today.

He wasn't too much older than me and yet he died in his sleep...I am shocked.

I didn't know him personally like some of you guys did, but he always came off as a class act with a good sense of humor and a real passion for sports. He was a reminder to us die hard 'Skins fans that there are diamonds in the Dallas rough. His shown very brightly on this board.

RIP, RP.

Blake's sister posted in facebook that his visitation is Thursday night and the memorial is Friday. In lieu of flowers they are requesting donations to the church. If anyone is interested in organizing a donation, I'm sure ESers would join in. I'm happy to help as I can but I'm in the process of moving so I don't think I could organize something.

PS - I also sent a link to this thread so she can hopefully see how positive of an impact her brother had on ES.

I, like many others in this thread, assumed it was a joke.

He was just in IONTOP and Rdskn4Lyf21 and the Random Thought Thread.

It's a weird 'friendship' that we all form on here, most of us have never actually met in person (I've met just a few members and know one from college) but you still 'know' them in a way and RP was one of the good guys on here that I am glad to have 'known' and joked around with.

Truly a shame, 27 years young.

Thoughts and prayers out to his his family from our ES family for sure.

Josh, thank you for taking the time to stop by here during such a terrible time. Blake was a one of the few opposing team members that was a complete joy to have here. He never took things too seriously or personally (something I could do a little better at times) He was smart, knew his team and was honest with his assesment of it. He was a real fan and was a great presence here. I never met him, but I had alot of respect for him, as did ES in general. It might not be much, but he will be sorely missed around here and I can only imagine what it must be like for you, and his family. Our hearts go out to everyone that was close to him, and I imagine that is going to be alot of people. He was someone that you could not help but like and respect.

Jon Moore, AKA Morneblade

Absolutely.. We are so happy that so many of you have stopped by on the forum as well. I know this is the way Blake would want it to be. His influence at both places (ES and CF) will always be a reminder that in the end of everything we may be fans of different teams, and those teams may be the biggest and baddest rivalry in all of sports, however none of it really matters in times such as this..

God Bless ya'll for taking time to remember him.. I know that he is in Heaven looking down and smiling.. (Then probably making some smart comment about us talking nice to each other to Landry and Taylor).. Damn I miss him..

I will most likely be attending the funeral on Friday morning. I would much rather be going to another Ranger game with him..

Joshskeety

I'm going to miss him. His family and loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers.

---------- Post added June-27th-2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

It's a weird 'friendship' that we all form on here, most of us have never actually met in person (I've met just a few members and know one from college) but you still 'know' them in a way and RP was one of the good guys on here that I am glad to have 'known' and joked around with.

I know what you mean. I never got to meet RP in person but I wish I had. It's sad to lose a member around here.

---------- Post added June-27th-2012 at 07:27 PM ----------

I know sports don't mean much when something like this happens, but I'm glad RP got to see Dirk and the Mavs win a championship before he died. I wish the Rangers could have gotten him one these last two years as well. I'm going to pull for the Rangers this year as a small way for me to remember RP.

FYI

I became a member of Cowboys forum as some others have. I came across this post and thought it would be good to pass it along here. His sister updated his FB with some more info.

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/showthread.php?27168-R-I-P-Royallypwned&p=353798#post353798

I didn't know royallypwned but I keep thinking back to the last back and forth we had during March Madness. I picked Mzzou to win it all and Blake jokingly said he'd give me $100 if they won it all. :)

The funny thing is that he probably would have made good on his comment and asked if I had paypal. He was a class act. Such a big loss....he won't be forgotten.

Yeah, true.

I'll have to give it some more thought once this state of utter shock wears off a little.

And Joshskeety, thanks for the visit and the info. Please let your community know that we are mourning right alongside them. Blake was a damned special kid to all of us; the kind of Cowboys fan even we couldn't help but love. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, sir, but glad you were able to share Blake's friendship in person. He was a great, great young man.

HH and I agree, couldn't be more sorry for your loss. It's our loss too, and I've barely been able to get through the day. Thanks for all you were to us here at ES, and you will be remembered with love, Blake.(Have taken the "Dallas Sucks" hat out of the window of my car, and it's now in my office.)

---------- Post added June-27th-2012 at 07:49 PM ----------

Where I go to have a beer (and sometimes get dinner) , a bartender I trained 15 years ago didn't even know that I was sad. He took a $20 to the jukebox and played "Salisbury Hill" and "Biko" by Peter Gabriel, followed by Janis Joplin's "Another Piece"...sorry I can't type. An incredible tip went his way, cuz he didn't know, but played the right stuff.

Hail, buddy.

And hail to my bartender at Local 7, David.

---------- Post added June-27th-2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

I just told my co-workers the same thing.

I think that's a testament to the power of this place, and the quality of the man and friend we lost.

Couldn't agree more, HH... we're together, no matter what.

FYI

I became a member of Cowboys forum as some others have. I came across this post and thought it would be good to pass it along here. His sister updated his FB with some more info.

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/showthread.php?27168-R-I-P-Royallypwned&p=353798#post353798

Non-members can't read posts on that forum, so if you want to pass it along it may be best to just quote the content.

Archived