Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I watched some of that WW84 last night.  A few things:

They nailed a lot of the 80s stuff.  And since it takes place in DC there are some cool shots in Georgetown and along the canal.  The fact that Commander Salamander was given a shoutout was awesome, so was a Waldenbooks.  Saw a group of punk kids, one was rocking a Bad Brains shirt.  There were probably some other things I missed.  But they clothes, the cars, they did a really good job.

Now I nodded in and out throughout the movie after a day of drinking and stuffing myself silly so I missed a good chunk of the movie and I'll probably end up watching it again.  But from what I could tell, they whiffed hard on not having any classic 80s music in the movie.  That seemed like it should have been a layup...the soundtrack for this movie should be amazing.  Again, need to go back and watch it all the way through but I didn't hear any songs from the era.

The dude that played Max Lord was ****ing obnoxious as ****.  And not in, like, this guy is doing an amazing job of being a bad guy and a loathsome character kind of a way...more like, I'd like to straight up punch this guy in the face because he's annoying.

Didn't realize Kristen Wiig is kind of hot.

I stayed up for the last 30 minutes of the movie and saw the ending.  I have to say, it doesn't make me want to go back and watch it all the way through and see what I missed.  I'm not quire sure what the message was, it felt like it was trying to say a bunch of different things but nothing really hit home for me other than "telling the truth is a good thing" or whatever.

I'm not going to give it a grade as I haven't watched it all the way through but I can't see myself really liking this one.  It's a shame cause I thought the original was pretty good. 

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not going to give it a grade as I haven't watched it all the way through but I can't see myself really liking this one.  It's a shame cause I thought the original was pretty good. 

My family just watched Wonder Woman 1984.  This movie is a steaming pile of hot garbage.  If anyone on this forum likes WW84, they are both wrong and dumb, in either order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/26/2020 at 11:25 PM, ClaytoAli said:

WW84 sucked!

outside of Linda Carter

I think sucked is a little strong. it was a little campy with a lot less action: something I wasn't expecting. Seeing Linda Carter in Caps gear or on the big screen is always a plus. :)

Spoiler

The whole scene where WW is flying like Superman was a huge turn off. I have always seen her in her invisible plane. On the TV show or in the cartoons or the comics. I hate it when writers and directors go off script and think it would be cool to have WW fly like Superman. That whole sequence was dumb and stupid for me. 

• Like 1

WW84... 

More Kristen Wiig and less of the Max Lord character would have done this movie good.  My gosh, Wiig stole the show for me as a semi-villian, not slapstick comedian role.

They could have done the whole movie as Wiig vs. Gadot.   

The original was pretty good... if I recall correctly.  

Take away the crayons from whoever wrote the script and don't let them go to middle school.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:46 AM, zskins said:

The first one was better. 

That's not saying much.

On 12/31/2020 at 11:16 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Soul....all I knew was that it was about jazz. It’s...so much more. It really blew me away and left me in tears. Just a moving, powerful, and beautiful message for adults and children alike. More Pixar magic. 

Great movie. My 5 year old kept asking questions and she was all like "Why is he sad, papa?" and I was like "I'm not crying, shut up." :)

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hard sci-fi.  Grim and gory with a great cast.  Sean Bean chews ALL the scenery.  Highly recommended.

Where did you stream this? Looks good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Serenity, the craziest movie I’ve ever seen. Don’t understand how a movie with so many good actors can be so bad, it makes no sense. Don’t drink a lot and watch this movie 

i thought this movie was alright and then without spoiling it, holy **** it just jumps off the MF rails. 

I applaud them for trying something different 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i thought this movie was alright and then without spoiling it, holy **** it just jumps off the MF rails. 

I applaud them for trying something different 

I’m blown away