Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Tailgate 500 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die List--**READ RULES IN OP BEFORE POSTING**--MET

Spaceman Spiff

So for the one piece to best represent, and a piece that most experts feel may be the most amazing single work of music of any type, we need to add Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. I loved it before Clockwork Orange made it more popular amongst my peers when the movie came out, but that didn't hurt my fellow rockers adding that to the big band music that we already had added to our listening. Especially on my JBLParagon/McIntosh system of the day. :D

MqpaxL2G2Zw&feature=related

424.) Best Bach 100

It's really hard to nail down one particular album when it comes to classical music, but this is my all time favorite. This one features J.S. Bach's best work, including his Toccata and Fugue in B minor.

J.S. Bach is, in my opinion, the most important and the greatest composer of all time. This is the best place to start if you want to learn about him and his work.

Has anyone mentioned Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back?

thats funny. i was listening to 'bring the noise' and a few other tracks earlier today.

saw them with anthrax back in the early nineties. used to wear that album out.

427. The Very Best of the Pogues

cd-cover.jpg

Raw Irish punk. A favorite song of mine is "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" - a traditional Irish ballad that's turned into a Celtic rocker with Shane MacGowan's gravelly lead. (You hear snippets of it now as background for a Subaru commercial.) Britain VH1 UK viewers voted "Fairytale of New York" with Kirstey MacColl on vocals "the best Christmas song ever" in 2004. They do a poignant version of "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda."

I'm a sucker for Irish influenced music, and The Pogues' raw blend of traditional Irish with angry punk was an eye-opening sound that paved the way for the Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Mollys. MacGowan nearly drank himself to death. Joe Strummer took over on vocals for awhile after MacGowan was dropped from the band for either not showing up or showing up too drunk to perform. The band pretty much disintegrated in the late 90s but reunited several years later. Apparently they're still touring.

428 or 429?, Police, Ghost in the Machine,

3109YJWS98L._SL110_.jpg

Though the Police were listed early with Synchronicity, I think two other albums of theirs are better, I would place Ghost in the Machine as the number one album from beginning to end that they made. I hope there is room on the list for one more album from them, Zenyatta Mondatta later on the list.

1. Spirits in the Material World Listen

2. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic Listen

3. Invisible Sun Listen

4. Hungry for You (J'Aurais Toujours Faim de Toil) Listen

5. Demolition Man Listen

6. Too Much Information Listen

7. Rehumanize Yourself Listen

8. One World (Not Three) Listen

9. Omega Man Listen

10. Secret Journey Listen

11. Darkness Listen

Predicto may want to have words with you about that one HogNose. :silly:

Much as I try to avoid the compilation albums,(one can miss hidden gems that way for one),I'll make another exception.

433. The Four Tops- Ultimate Collection.

Ultimatefourtops.jpg

This one includes some "B-sides." Includes one song,( A Simple Game),that was done with the Moody Blues.

427. The Very Best of the Pogues

Darnit! I was hoping this thread would last til St. Patrick's Day and I could put up The Pogues. Since I travel around Richmond a lot, "Dirty Old Town" pops in my head at least once a week. Great band with tons of great songs, and the singer with the worst teeth in the history of entertainment. :D

ShaneMacgowan.jpg

435. Gogol Bordello-----Gypsy Punks Underdog World Strike. Every list needs some Eastern European Gypsy Punk. Great, high energy live band. Im not sure they fit into any specific genre but they won't bore you that's for sure. **can some kind person do a list update? Can't do it on my smartphone...

436. CYNE- Time Being

414V6GPWWFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Slept on group, even in the underground. This album has thick moody grooves and incredibly good lyrics. Intelligent and socially conscious without being pretentious or preachy. Out of all the albums I've listed I recommend this one the most.

[ATTACH]46429[/ATTACH][ATTACH]46429[/ATTACH][ATTACH]46429[/ATTACH]

Desitively Bonnaroo - Dr. John - That sweet spot of his career where swamp rock meets gris gris gumbo yaya meets strong song writer.

(image removed)

Just saw the good Dr. This past fall in Westbury, NY with Cyndi Lauper. I was 20 feet from the stage.

Anyway...

437. George Clinton & The P-Funk All Stars - T.A.P.O.A.F.O.M.

T. he

A. wesome

P. ower

O. f

A.

F. ully

O. perational

M. othership

Archived