Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

What parts og VA would you include? I've kind of considered the DMV as: DC, PG, MoCo, maybe Howard and Anne Arundel, and I guess Charles County now; Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Prince Williams, and Loundon. Feel like that's a nice representation of the area.

I can't speak to Maryland, but from a VA perspective, gotta add Stafford county and at least Fredericksburg, both very much in the orbit of DC.

Spotsylvania county as a whole no more then the edge of that orbit (VRE goes all the way down and back up to union station), once you get past Mary Washington University and route 17, you on your own.  Thornburg, Ladysmith, forget it, you are in Virginia Virginia now, minority population drops like the continental shelf and people have a different perspective of NOVA.

The VA part of DMV is NOVA, rest of the state act's like the rest of the state, which is perfectly fine considering how underratingly large and diverse Virginia actually is.  I know this because even though Hampton Roads has seven cities, I know people that hate the state without ever stepping foot in NOVA.  Told them that part of the state might as well be a different country. 

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

When I first moved to Hampton Roads, I would bring up Go-Go music, and they be like "Go-Go, like strip clubs?".  A little piece of me died the first time I got that response, like I might as well of needed my passport to get here.  That's when I realized DMV didn't include all of Virginia.

:rofl89:

When I first got to Fayetteville, NC I was driving through hood that was supposed to be off-limits for military.  Saw a little Chinese spot.  I askedfor mambo sauce on everything and the lady looked at me like I was speaking gibberish.   Asked her about it and they'd never heard of it.  That's when I realized mambo sauce was only a DC thing :(

and like 2 days later we went to the zoo and we get to the gate...I'm looking at prices like "wait...you have to pay for the zoo?" The ****?"  :(

37 minutes ago, Chew said:

:rofl89:

When I first got to Fayetteville, NC I was driving through hood that was supposed to be off-limits for military.  Saw a little Chinese spot.  I askedfor mambo sauce on everything and the lady looked at me like I was speaking gibberish.   Asked her about it and they'd never heard of it.  That's when I realized mambo sauce was only a DC thing :(

and like 2 days later we went to the zoo and we get to the gate...I'm looking at prices like "wait...you have to pay for the zoo?" The ****?"  :(

****, I asked for mambo here in North  (of The Wall) Montgomery County, and they were like "Where who in The what what? and gave me some salsa looking **** :rofl89:

Montgomery Village has a legit Chinese carry out tho. Venture further North  (of The Wall ) up 270 at your own peril if you want anything other than standard, depressing Chinese

38 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****, I asked for mambo here in North  (of The Wall) Montgomery County, and they were like "Where who in The what what? and gave me some salsa looking **** :rofl89:

Montgomery Village has a legit Chinese carry out tho. Venture further North  (of The Wall ) up 270 at your own peril if you want anything other than standard, depressing Chinese

Ah, see, I always thought DMV didnt stretch as far north as it did south because Bmore is so much closer then Richmond.

I'd say the mambo sauce line is smaller then the Go-Go line when looking on a map : )

Im getting way to bold today. Im just ripping farts in my office with little concern for whether co-workers can hear it.

Theyve mostly been non smelly so I think that is giving me a false sense of confidence and comfort.

Or Im just getting older and dont care about image and perception things as much. One of the benefits of being older, you stop caring about the stuff you shouldnt care about.

edit - I recently saw Capitol City mambo sauce on the shelf in giant.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ah, see, I always thought DMV didnt stretch as far north as it did south because Bmore is so much closer then Richmond.

I'd say the mambo sauce line is smaller then the Go-Go line when looking on a map : )

Going with my gut, I'd say the official Mambo sauce line is Silver Spring. You might find some holdouts in Rockville, Montgomery Village, maybe somebody has something that says "mambo sauce" in Gaithersburg, but I wouldnt trust any of it to be consistent and/or authentic. Probably ketchup with some vinaigrette tossed in there.

Gump asses....

18 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Im getting way to bold today. Im just ripping farts in my office with little concern for whether co-workers can hear it.

Theyve mostly been non smelly so I think that is giving me a false sense of confidence and comfort.

Or Im just getting older and dont care about image and perception things as much. One of the benefits of being older, you stop caring about the stuff you shouldnt care about.

Even if it doesn't smell bad, I'd advise against excessive Rip Torn in one area. You'll end up with a weird oort cloud that (if you have even blessed farts) that smells like old turkey gravy or something

i need help.  Im trying to improve my eating habits for breakfast.  What do you recommend for quick meals and easy to prepare?  

15 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Always heard but Never realized just how many Scams there are on Craigslist.  Some of the stories these people use to try and get your money.  Absolutely disgusting. 

'

Yeah this past year was the first time i got scammed on there.  luckily google checkout gave me my money back for the transaction 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

What are you currently eating for breakfast?

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

right now.  cereal, eggs, waffles and mini muffins.   Just rotate between these items. 

Tennessee man says he peed on Kellogg's cereal conveyor belt

A Tennessee man faces up to three years in prison for urinating on a Kellogg's cereal conveyor belt at a Memphis facility.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived