Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 minute ago, Elessar78 said:

My kid came home from preschool singing this 4 years ago. It's pretty cute when a your kid sings it. 

FTFY.  Everyone knows stuff your kids do is cute but when other kids do it, it is annoying.

Image result for mouse benching trap gif

16 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Sin I’m disappointed. You don’t know what slept means. 

to hit someone hard enough to knock them out 

can also be used as another word for slapped
Manthat hoe is about to get slept

We all knew what you meant, Banner, not where I woulda put that word given how much we like to F with you : )

2 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

For the DMV folks...Do people from around the rest of the country get super intrigued by DC lingo/slang? Or, does it just happen to me?🤦🏾‍♂️

Look. Whenever I say. Bamma. Folks are certainly intrigued and know that I am not from wherever it is that I happen to be. 

3 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

For the DMV folks...Do people from around the rest of the country get super intrigued by DC lingo/slang? Or, does it just happen to me?🤦🏾‍♂️

I make myself seem extra mysterious and cool when I use it down in Miami or when I visit family/friends in the tri-state area.

I remember when I first used 'lunchin'" and they were dumbfounded, then said something like "You've been watching too many Wire episodes"

Then I had to tell em  DC Area-isms a and B-more-isms might as well be Earth and Mars by comparison 😂

Was like giving a Western Civ class

3 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

Bruh.  By six months on station in the Air Force, I had homies from Ohio, West Virginia, Houston, and Milwaukee saying "lunchin," "wholetime," and "bamma."

5 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

When I first moved to Hampton Roads, I would bring up Go-Go music, and they be like "Go-Go, like strip clubs?".  A little piece of me died the first time I got that response, like I might as well of needed my passport to get here.  That's when I realized DMV didn't include all of Virginia.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

When I first moved to Hampton Roads, I would bring up Go-Go music, and they be like "Go-Go, like strip clubs?".  A little piece of me died the first time I got that response, like I might as well of needed my passport to get here.  That's when I realized DMV didn't include all of Virginia.

There's a scene from The Wire where the Baltimore guy disses Go-Go to the DC guy. 

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

What parts og VA would you include? I've kind of considered the DMV as: DC, PG, MoCo, maybe Howard and Anne Arundel, and I guess Charles County now; Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Prince Williams, and Loundon. Feel like that's a nice representation of the area.

13 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I was shooting a wedding this summer.  The only guy in a room full of about 15-20 women getting ready.  Bride, bridesmaids, mothers, hairdressers, makeup artists.  

One of the makeup artists who was jawing away ended a sentence "....and I was just so cised!"  

*record scratch*

One of the bridesmaids goes, "Did you just say cised?"  And the whole room fell apart laughing.  It was great.  No one had heard that word in forever.

I said "Hey, it's cised Saturday!  Good day for a wedding!"  They were all saying cised for the next 10 minutes straight.  

Archived