Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

On 11/30/2018 at 7:31 PM, Renegade7 said:

It's tough because remember sitting in rooms trying to watch them by myself, looking around, dad was work, everyone else didn't want to watch them throw up all over themselves anymore.  I remember the 99 playoff games more then the entire 2000 season, earliest taste i can remember of what we can look like in the period of a week.

91. What a great year to tune into the 'Skins. Maybe I was fairweather from the beginning, but I honestly didn't know they were any good. I lived in another country the year before. I watched them get blown out of 3 preseason games. And then the Detroit game. Ma guh. They were dropping 30/40/50 on teams in an era where receivers would get mugged15 yards down field. 

I'd still be a fan except for Dan Snyder and how he's disrespected the fans, playing them for suckers. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I wanna say this is heartbreaking news, but the DCEU sucking so bad that (outside of WW) Aquaman is what wins the day, makes sense on soooo many levels.

Saw Wonder Woman the other week.  I was underwhelmed by it.  The only good part was the battle on the beach with all the Amazonians.

46 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Saw Wonder Woman the other week.  I was underwhelmed by it.  The only good part was the battle on the beach with all the Amazonians.

I think what kills the DCEU for me, beyond stuff like casting and production is the absurdity of their fight scenes and their computer animation stuff. I liked it, but still, some of the fighting stuff made me cringe.

So far, the only MCU movie in my book to go near that level in absurdity, was Doctor Strange, and even for that, it was done in a way that did not seem too fantastical, because dude is basically a wizard, and he wasn't flying around like a PS3 Gumby.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think what kills the DCEU for me, beyond stuff like casting and production is the absurdity of their fight scenes and their computer animation stuff. I liked it, but still, some of the fighting stuff made me cringe.

So far, the only MCU movie in my book to go near that level in absurdity, was Doctor Strange, and even for that, it was done in a way that did not seem too fantastical, because dude is basically a wizard, and he wasn't flying around like a PS3 Gumby.

The fighting in WW was often unnecessary, and mostly overly computerized.  When the movements of the actual people look fake, you've definitely gone too far.  Everything made sense to me once the credits rolled and I saw Zack Snyder's name.

Archived