Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I just don't like jingly guy posted up near the door to the entrance to every store, ready to blast me in the deepest recesses of my brain.

I mean I get it's cold, and you probably don't wanna be there, but crap, that sound is almost concussive, depending on the Tale of the Tape of said jingly guy.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I just don't like jingly guy posted up near the door to the entrance to every store, ready to blast me in the deepest recesses of my brain.

I mean I get it's cold, and you probably don't wanna be there, but crap, that sound is almost concussive, depending on the Tale of the Tape of said jingly guy.

That's why I pull out my cell phone and pretend to talk on the way in and out of the stores, so they don't bother me.  Do the same with both girl and boy scouts selling cookies and popcorn.  So far I have a perfect record of not getting bothered.

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's why I pull out my cell phone and pretend to talk on the way in and out of the stores, so they don't bother me.  Do the same with both girl and boy scouts selling cookies and popcorn.  So far I have a perfect record of not getting bothered.

I do something similar.  I just hold my hand to my ear like I have a phone and am talking to someone.  But I do so in a way it is painfully obvious that I don't have a phone.  And I speak like I'm yelling someone.  The nice side effect is that the store employees end up following me around so if I need help, they are right there.

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Coward

I saw one the other day and told him I wouldn't give a cent if I found it in the parking lot because of their policies. But then I have been practicing this schtick for a long time, I'm a professional asshole

On another note

Traci Redford and her daughter, Abcde (pronounced ab-si-dee), were en route home to El Paso, Texas, from California's John Wayne Airport when the incident occurred.

A gate agent allegedly began laughing and took a photo of the child's boarding pass and posted it online.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46393501

Seriously, you name your kid Abcde you should expect people to laugh.

Actually you should expect to be spayed like a feral cat, but that's another conversation

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You talking about the salvation army red bucket folk?  Typically the only reason I carry cash is for charity, they count.  Youth Football teams, girl scout cookies, I can so I do.

As for Christmas songs, am more mad at the commercialization of all then the songs themselves.  Most aren't very good, but that's just extra.  Only thing I have trouble tuning out is myself, Christmas music is easy if I'm not in the mood for it.  Do have an electronica holiday station on pandora I like, I think that genre is underrated.

12 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Ugh...why does tonight have to be the night when the Saints choke...☹️

Not watching the game (I think I hate football), but I knew it before even yesterday.

There's a certain eternal symmetry to sports, the sports teams you follow, and the ones who you have a yearning desire to see suffer greatly.

Never fails.

58 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'd give anything just to get back to VA. 😢

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'd give anything just to be able to leave VA. 😢

Was mad I couldn't get to DC more from Hampton Roads to see grandparents before they died. I try not to think of what I could of done then with what I'm doing now.

Archived