Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Friend or Unfriend, there is no Unfollow :evil:

You can turn them off for your news feed so their posts never pop up there and you don't have to scroll through the BS.  Only posts you will see from them is if they post in another friends post or one of yours.  I've done this to a few people on my friends list that were good people at heart (at least that's how I view them) but just post annoying stuff that I don't care to read or discuss/debate.

I'd say probably taking a break from Facebook/social media all together would be better "self therapy" than just culling your friends list, that should be done on a regular basis imo.  The only social media I use regularly is FB and ES.  Twitter, I never tweet, hell, rarely ever log on either.  This is the only message board I post on too.  

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You can turn them off for your news feed so their posts never pop up there and you don't have to scroll through the BS.  Only posts you will see from them is if they post in another friends post or one of yours.  I've done this to a few people on my friends list that were good people at heart (at least that's how I view them) but just post annoying stuff that I don't care to read or discuss/debate.

I'd say probably taking a break from Facebook/social media all together would be better "self therapy" than just culling your friends list, that should be done on a regular basis imo.  The only social media I use regularly is FB and ES.  Twitter, I never tweet, hell, rarely ever log on either.  This is the only message board I post on too.  

Ya, everyone uses FB differently, mine is more family oriented with awareness I dont need Facebook to stay in touch with any of them.  There really arent many FB friends I dont have their number, people I'm closest to outside dad and aunt dont even use Facebook, my sister gave hers up a while ago. 

Think maybe I'm going about it the wrong way but I am trying to limit it to friends and family best I can.  I may never get over 200, but that's fine, there's always LinkedIn.  Company you keep, right?  Besides I expect future emoloyeers to check my friends list, that absolutely is a factor to us staying Facebook friends, has nothing to do with our actual relationship.

I'd like to believe everyone on my FB i can send a message and get a response or call and they call back, otherwise, are we really "friends"?

58 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, everyone uses FB differently, mine is more family oriented with awareness I dont need Facebook to stay in touch with any of them.  There really arent many FB friends I dont have their number, people I'm closest to outside dad and aunt dont even use Facebook, my sister gave hers up a while ago. 

Think maybe I'm going about it the wrong way but I am trying to limit it to friends and family best I can.  I may never get over 200, but that's fine, there's always LinkedIn.  Company you keep, right?  Besides I expect future emoloyeers to check my friends list, that absolutely is a factor to us staying Facebook friends, has nothing to do with our actual relationship.

I'd like to believe everyone on my FB i can send a message and get a response or call and they call back, otherwise, are we really "friends"?

****, I made a big deal about getting off FB last week. I tried to fight it but I'm back on. Not for social reasons like I'm on here. My family and friends in other states and countries use it to contact me. Craigslist is basically defunct in my area and FB Marketplace is thriving. Plus, I'm also trying to find new clients and, sadly, FB is where a lot of these contacts exist for me. It's basically become a necessary evil in my life.

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Mainly a real swollen throat and running nose.  Nothing life threatening.

I know absolutely nothing about different versions of milk, except that my grandkids have to have lactose free.

Is that what you did for maybe the first time?...and your body doesn't add soy with fake milk correctly? 

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm pretty sure you get everything else, food-wise.

No kidding! There's tons of apples that I never heard of plus all the Texan and Mexican foods. Every trip to the grocery store is an adventure!

Plus they have Randall's stores here, they are owned by the same company as Safeway so lots of familiar things there.

H-E-B is the Giant of Texas and it's truly a marvel and is where I do most of my shopping.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No kidding! There's tons of apples that I never heard of plus all the Texan and Mexican foods. Every trip to the grocery store is an adventure!

And Restaraunt-wise, apparently Texas gets them before they spread out elsewhere.  On the topic of Pizza, there's a Gino's East right there on 6th.

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

****, I made a big deal about getting off FB last week. I tried to fight it but I'm back on. Not for social reasons like I'm on here. My family and friends in other states and countries use it to contact me. Craigslist is basically defunct in my area and FB Marketplace is thriving. Plus, I'm also trying to find new clients and, sadly, FB is where a lot of these contacts exist for me. It's basically become a necessary evil in my life.

Just read Craiglists lost close to a quarter of its Internet traffic on average after casual encounters went away.  Not shocking at all, but that is really a crippling blow for anybody that leaned on craigslist for anything else.

So doing some research, it appears that it is "oral allergy syndrome" where some vegetation has proteins or whatever similar to pollens that the body will react to.  Upon being cooked, the proteins break down into smaller ones that no longer resemble the pollens and thus don't invoke a reaction.  So my allergy to birch pollen apparently is the issue.  Also explains why peaches cause my gums to itch and mild inflammation of the throat, as it also is related to birch pollen allergies.  Soy milk seems to be especially guilty due to the amount taken at a given time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26615663/

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Chipotle tacos are quite good

You've said that before. 

I'm around one almost daily, drove past it on the corner next to the Taco Bell I chose yesterday, when Five Guys was right across the street (but left hand side & I live my life on the right side, easier ins & outs🤓)...will try if you say so. Taco Bell's shells taste funny. 

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

We have a place here called Taco Cabana which is fast food but light years away from Taco Bell. They also serve breakfast and margaritas.

Taco Cabana is legit.  They've got the grills right there so you can see them preparing the food, and it's not made with a "meat" squirt-gun.  I will never understand how Taco Bell survives in Texas.  Especially in San Antonio, where there was a Taco Bell literally next-door to a Taco Cabana.

Archived