Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm of the belief you dont really know if you love someone until you get pushed to the brink of not loving them.  What's that brink? Relationship and partnership is only as strong as what's capable of ending it. 

Marriage doesnt say I love you anymore then divorce says I hate you these days, you dont need either to get your point across and be at peace with each other. 

I disagree with part of your first statement.  Since I've been with my wife, I've always known how much I loved her and that has never been in question or doubted.  So, yes one can know they love someone without experiencing any events/confrontation that pushes them to the brink. 

With that said, not every relationship/marriage is perfect and sometimes one or both people involved need a slap in the face (not literally) or need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and evaluate the relationship and how much it means to them and make the necessary changes needed to get things back on track and moving in the right direction again.

I agree with the second statement though, people can fall out of love and move on to a new chapter in their lives.  Divorce doesn't always mean you hate the person either.  

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I disagree with part of your first statement.  Since I've been with my wife, I've always known how much I loved her and that has never been in question or doubted.  So, yes one can know they love someone without experiencing any events/confrontation that pushes them to the brink. 

I'm happy for you, my parents had to separate with one losing total custody to come to realization of what it took to save what they had.  My mom finally being diagnosed and getting help was bug part of that, money has a mass grave of relationships it destroyed.  As marriages arent perfect, most I've seen had a "are we doing this or not" moment

With that said, not every relationship/marriage is perfect and sometimes one or both people involved need a slap in the face (not literally) or need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and evaluate the relationship and how much it means to them and make the necessary changes needed to get things back on track and moving in the right direction again.

Last serious relationship I was in i put couples counseling on the table.  Straight up, some people dont understand what a relationship or partnership is and shouldn't be in one, even if they are a good person at heart.

I agree with the second statement though, people can fall out of love and move on to a new chapter in their lives.  Divorce doesn't always mean you hate the person either.  

Pretty much.  Sometimes we're jus wrong and dont know it yet, it happens.

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll wait until the Giants game to say if sun officially set.  My mind already knows what my heart doesnt want to admit.

So much this.  We're done for.  Even with a .500 record at week 14, with Sanchize as our starting QB, we're now the laughing stock of the NFL.... again. 

Crazy how quickly things can fall apart. Just three weeks ago we were 6-3, two game lead in the division. 

42 minutes ago, Chew said:

So much this.  We're done for.  Even with a .500 record at week 14, with Sanchize as our starting QB, we're now the laughing stock of the NFL.... again. 

Crazy how quickly things can fall apart. Just three weeks ago we were 6-3, two game lead in the division. 

If y'all were forward thinking like me, you saw the writing on the wall a month ago when they said 'Best record since Zorn," and made your peace then 

Evil like that best be buried, and never spoke of again. We invited it in.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If y'all were forward thinking like me, you saw the writing on the wall a month ago when they said 'Best record since Zorn," and made your peace then 

Evil like that best be buried, and never spoke of again. We invited it in.

I've mentioned before how it seems most of us have jus been suprised the season wasn't over sooner, our future was always in doubt with Alex play.

You know it's bad when theres a stadium thread in the tailgate.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm happy for you, my parents had to separate with one losing total custody to come to realization of what it took to save what they had.  My mom finally being diagnosed and getting help was bug part of that, money has a mass grave of relationships it destroyed.  As marriages arent perfect, most I've seen had a "are we doing this or not" moment

Last serious relationship I was in i put couples counseling on the table.  Straight up, some people dont understand what a relationship or partnership is and shouldn't be in one, even if they are a good person at heart.

Pretty much.  Sometimes we're jus wrong and dont know it yet, it happens.

Every situation is different, that was the main point of my response.  And my marriage isn't perfect by any means, there was a period when I was young and stupid and acted like an asshole and took everything for granted.  I met my wife and started dating her in high school (I was 17 and she was 15), we got married in 1998 when I was 22 and she was 21, very young, which probably contributed to my issues.

I got into a huge funk (depression?  never went for help and got diagnosed, but I'd say yes) about where I was in my life and why I wasn't where I wanted to be (had a BSME degree and still working in grocery retail while everyone else seemed to catch a break).  I shut myself off from everyone, including my wife, I'd come home and go straight to the man cave and just drink and play mmorpgs, watch TV, etc. the rest of the day/night.  Never talked about anything.  

I never questioned my love for her or hers for me.  But I did have that moment of self-reflection that if I didn't get my **** together and back on track at work and home, there was a good possibility she would leave me (not because she didn't love me, because she was tired of seeing me act that way).  So I asked myself, do you really want to push away the love of your life or do you want to get your **** together.  I got my **** together and the rest is history.  

She told me a few years later that for her it had gotten to the point that she was considering moving out and back with her mom in hopes that it would light a fire under my ass to realize that I needed to change, luckily it never came to that.  

2 hours ago, Chew said:

You need a hug bro? 

Chew is a different level of pokemon then the rest of us Drake look alikes, he is evolved, he is ultraviolet light held together by his emotions (multiple research papers in this thread about this phenomenon)

"Is that the North Star?"

"Nah, that's Chew high as gas again.  That's west anyway, man."

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Chew is a different level of pokemon then the rest of us Drake look alikes, he is evolved, he is ultraviolet light held together by his emotions (multiple research papers in this thread about this phenomenon)

Basically the Ascended Super Saiyan God of lighskinned dudes

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

*insert anime frozen gasp of astonishment 

Sure glad hes on our side, lolz

Need to catch back up on them ep's now that I think about it. Not as groundbreaking as the original stuff,  it it's  nice to have Goku and the boys back whooping some ass.

It's also nice to now be able to actually carry on as if Dragonball GT never existed, though the Eternal Dragon split/Omega Shenron-Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta battles were pretty good.

58 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

giphy.gif

Archived