Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

Well, now we know why it's called Extreme Skinz. The reactions of some ppl. KC was not JC. What ever missteps the FO made can't be undone. KC alone wasn't gonna carry this team. Not sure how anyone can criticise the FO if it thought tagging KC another season was productive in any way. He wanted to test F/A unless we tagged him. Now he's free to chase as much money as he chooses. I'm ok w/ the Smith deal. Essentially we get a more mobile KC w/ a stronger arm to bridge the gap for the next year or two. We can afford to continue to build, draft, and and retain our own players. Based on the situation I think it was a good move. KC was done in DC. Time to move on. The icing on the cake would be Cravens to KC. Eliminates a locker room distraction. Sounded like a lot of the players weren't as willing to welcome him back into the locker room. Skinz squash a distraction before it can fester and the kid gets a fresh start.

Bruce, you arrogant “winning off the field” SOB.  You decided not to hire another GM because SM was drunk so therefore all GMs must be drunk and you are the only qualified person to make personnel decisions?  Are you kidding me you jackass?

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Passer rating on throws 20+ yards downfield, 2017: 1. Alex Smith - 131.4 2. Matt Stafford - 111.6 3. Kirk Cousins - 106.4

Smith's ability and desire to go downfield has been underrated, yes. But Tyreek Hill is a ****ing marvel and better than Desean ever was...so this won't necessarily translate here unless we draft someone like that. 

1 minute ago, #BgMase76# said:

Well, now we know why it's called Extreme Skinz. The reactions of some ppl. KC was not JC. What ever missteps the FO made can't be undone. KC alone wasn't gonna carry this team. Not sure how anyone can criticise the FO if it thought tagging KC another season was productive in any way. He wanted to test F/A unless we tagged him. Now he's free to chase as much money as he chooses. I'm ok w/ the Smith deal. Essentially we get a more mobile KC w/ a stronger arm to bridge the gap for the next year or two. We can afford to continue to build, draft, and and retain our own players. Based on the situation I think it was a good move. KC was done in DC. Time to move on. The icing on the cake would be Cravens to KC. Eliminates a locker room distraction. Sounded like a lot of the players weren't as willing to welcome him back into the locker room. Skinz squash a distraction before it can fester and the kid gets a fresh start.

I don't think that anyone has ever compared Kirk Cousins to Jason Campbell.

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

We can and it fits into the compensatory pick strategy 

Lol what? The compensatory pick strategy? To leave our holes unfilled and not sign FA's to line up 6th and 7th rounders in 2019? That's something you try when you hire a new GM, not once all 4 of your strategies failed.

Archived