Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

And my fuether point is that that those that don’t, are choosing sides just like everyone else.  

Whether to knell for the anthem is not the same asking should they be allowed to, those are different sides to different conversations.  Not knelling doesn't make you an Uncle Tom, every player that does knell has made that clear.

30 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Again. The owners disagree with your view of things.  And now there is something specific in the rules.  Before there was not.  Now it is just like the nba.  If a player is on the field.  He must stand respectfully for the anthem. 

So again i ask.   Who is going to fight this with more than just angry words?   Who will step up and now ACTUALLY protest it?  

And my fuether point is that that those that don’t, are choosing sides just like everyone else.  

Actually, unless something has changed that I don't know of, this thing has yet to be formally voted in and a couple of the organizations abstained and a third said they would cover the costs and protect their players.

Oh and man, I'm so glad you put in that word respectfully. Can we take a moment and just all acknowledge that certain people have completely hijacked the narrative of this discussion by insinuating that this protest is in any way disrespectful to anyone (other than racists and cops who abuse their power when it comes to minorities)?

In the real world there is zero disrespect occurring here. If you actually listened to the protestors there is ZERO disrespect intended. Again, zero intent of disrespect. Further, historically speaking keeling is a sign of deference, and I'm pretty confident that there is near zero historical precedent of kneeling being used as a vehicle for the disrespect of another.  In the legal world, intent and precedent are pretty big markers, why not here when making a judgement about respect?

They are showing more respect, more deference to the flag when kneeling and protesting abuse than any fan or trainer, or staff member, or concession stand worker who is moving around during the process of the national anthem (some of whom are also under contract with the very same employer).

Regarding your last couple sentences. Are you trying to insinuate that they weren't actually protesting before? Don't you think you got the focus in the wrong place when you're both castigating players for protesting and then telling them they need to do more to actually fix the problem of abuse of power? What do you want them to do, run a blitz on congress or intercept a bill?

When the people who are supposed to fix the **** fail, people have to protest and get the attention of said people, so they do their job. That almost always involves people with high public visibility, like public role models and figures, getting the message out. We have a history of activism occurring across many different kinds of work places, that occur with no problem whatsoever. The only difference is the right wing push-back in this case and a troglodyte president and vp exerting pressure. People with a history of subverting things and hijacking a narrative, for nefarious reasons.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

No, the real question is why do you not care as much about unarmed black and brown people being gunned down by the police over a peaceful protest? You walk around thinking the protest is the greatest injustice instead of unarmed people being murdered by the state and the state absolving themselves of all blame.

People like you really believe the lie that America was founded on and has grown on top of. You value an anthem, that had a verse that spoke about slavery, written by a man who had slaves.

You refuse to see what America really is, and crap like this is why people can blame their opioid addictions or life failure on immigrants who are here to actually do good in life. Blame their inability to come home after being born on 3rd base on those who have made it to third base despite being born down two strikes. You love lying to yourself and I’m over it.

Utter nonsense.

I think you misunderstand what I wrote. A protest is not injustice, America not perfect (but still better than a lot of places), and people will always blame other people because everyone wants to change the world but not themselves. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 11:13 AM, No Excuses said:

The protests and the BLM movement seem to be shifting public opinion:

Only 61%.  So do the other 39% think the country itself doesnt need to change to achieve the objective, or the objective of blacks having equal rights isnt desirable? 

(Although "rights" probably isnt the appropriate word).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Congrats to everyone who sided with fascists in this debate:

Same reason Fox News viewers are ignorant of the indictments and convictions in the Mueller probe. They simply won't change the channel to hear a different view/perspective/idea/opinion. 

Yeah I read this yesterday. When I consider:

-My very strained feelings toward 'Skins

-The Philadelphia Eagles' steady leadership 

-Their relatively consistent success over the past (nearly) 20 years

-Beating the MAGA-tastic NE Patriots in the Super Bowl (though seeing Darrell Green give them the Lombardi Trophy made me die a little inside)

-And now this - 

It is getting really hard to hate them as an organization. I mean, I am pretty much obligated to have at least a strong distaste for every team along the I-95 corridor north of Washington - but the respect points just keep piling up for them and I don't know what to do with these feelings.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

Yeah I read this yesterday. When I consider:

-My very strained feelings toward 'Skins

-The Philadelphia Eagles' steady leadership 

-Their relatively consistent success over the past (nearly) 20 years

-Beating the MAGA-tastic NE Patriots in the Super Bowl (though seeing Darrell Green give them the Lombardi Trophy made me die a little inside)

-And now this - 

It is getting really hard to hate them as an organization. I mean, I am pretty much obligated to have at least a strong distaste for every team along the I-95 corridor north of Washington - but the respect points just keep piling up for them and I don't know what to do with these feelings.

**** Philly

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

There was a really bad comedy movie a few years ago where there was a type of grenade that disintegrated anyone who picked it up.  It had a sign attached that said please pick me up. Of course a squad of idiots came by and each of them picked it up. 

Trump wants the reaction he gets from this issue and the idiots keep picking up the grenade.

12 hours ago, nonniey said:

Trump wants the reaction he gets from this issue and the idiots keep picking up the grenade.

The same idiot's keep complaining about protests ruining thier football Sunday. It's actually funny to watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

The same idiot's keep complaining about protests ruining thier football Sunday. It's actually funny to watch. 

If I had a nickle for every "well, I guess I'm boycotting the NFL this year because MUH FLAG" I'd be in good shape right now. 

• Like 1

"Unable to Remember" as if he ever knew them in the first place.

As far as the anthem issue, it's going to be this election cycle's Gay Marriage, Bathroom Bill, etc etc...stupid culture war issue that people fall for.  The false outrage will drive angry white people to the polls over an issue they don't even have the facts on and/or are just going along with the false narrative of.  Then in about 6 months they will have forgotten about the issue like it never mattered in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I LOVE the boycott.

Get the **** out.

The clowns who scream BOYCOTT!!! never seem to realize that the party is much better without them anyway.

Here is hoping they find some other reason to bruise themselves with and boycott the NFL over.

Hey look! They don't wear underpants! BOYCOTT!!!

Please. Boycott.

Get. The. ****. OUT. 

Go home. Stare at a flag and memorize the words to "America the Beautiful" you great big hunk of patriotic hamburger, you.

An old friend WAS an Eagles fan, then he let Trump dictate to him what he should watch, and they FINALLY WON A SUPER BOWL and he missed the whole damn thing.

I wish i could say i didn't laugh loud and long, but i sure as hell did. 

~Bye

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

"Unable to Remember" as if he ever knew them in the first place.

As far as the anthem issue, it's going to be this election cycle's Gay Marriage, Bathroom Bill, etc etc...stupid culture war issue that people fall for.  The false outrage will drive angry white people to the polls over an issue they don't even have the facts on and/or are just going along with the false narrative of.  Then in about 6 months they will have forgotten about the issue like it never mattered in the first place.

It will never be forgotten as long as one player continues to kneel unfortunately.

It will also never be understood.

Dumb ****s spent a single day listening and they probably could have gotten all of them off their knees.

But, that is just too much like decency to be acceptable.

~Bang

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I'm very 'meh' on that song, anyway, most people are, but the opportunity for Irony is too hard to pass up here.  Knowing the words wouldn't make him a patriot anyway, either.  That's like me singing Jingle Bells while settings someone's Christmas tree on fire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Knowing the words wouldn't make him a patriot anyway, either.

Oh, but that's HIS vision of patriotism.  Flags, patriotic songs, lapel pins.  All the pageantry and  trappings without a thought as to what they represent.

BTW, love the Jingle Bells/Christmas tree line...

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Oh, but that's HIS vision of patriotism.  Flags, patriotic songs, lapel pins.  All the pageantry and  trappings without a thought as to what they represent.

Very true, and still no Fox News article on him messing up the words either, so it never happened.