Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

47 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

OK, I don’t care about the whole anthem thing. But I have some issues with the ad campaign. It is claiming Kap is “sacrificing everything” for what he believes in. But Kap told GMs that he would stand for anthem if he got a job. So he didn’t really believe in something enough to truly sacrifice everything. That said, I hope Kap wins his case against the NFL. 

I dont care who Nike signs. Kap has a right to kneel, or sit, or lie down during the anthem. As long as he doesn’t talk during the anthem. That **** drives me nuts lol. 

He's blackballed by the league.  Debate his merits as a starter, sure...however, he's more than good enough to be on an NFL roster as a backup.  He did sacrifice everything.  When it's all said and done, this dude will be remembered in the same regard as Ali, etc.  This isn't hyperbole...dude not only talks the talk, but he walks it as well. 

*Eric Reid is going down the same path right now as a guy who's good enough to be on a roster (probably start for a grip of teams,) but his outspoken nature concerning the hypocrisy of the NFL makes him a dude who is pretty much untouchable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

He's blackballed by the league.  Debate his merits as a starter, sure...however, he's more than good enough to be on an NFL roster as a backup.  He did sacrifice everything.  When it's all said and done, this dude will be remembered in the same regard as Ali, etc.  This isn't hyperbole...dude not only talks the talk, but he walks it as well. 

*Eric Reid is going down the same path right now as a guy who's good enough to be on a roster (probably start for a grip of teams,) but his outspoken nature concerning the hypocrisy of the NFL makes him a dude who is pretty much untouchable. 

It's all about optics. If he hit a woman beater or got popped going 120 in a 45 he's on a roster right now. 

59 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

This issue has gone from Kaep protesting the flag because he couldn’t reapect a flag for the country that allowed so many blacks to be murdered by cops.  And now it has become the single biggest racial animosity issue in our country.   It’s no longer seen by anyone as a cop killing blacks protest.  It’s now a blacks versus whites issue (with blacks and whites on both sides to be fair)  Nike might make money on it.  But they do so at the expense of discourse in our country.  

**** the hillbilly am I right!!!!

Many people didn't even take the time to understand why Kaep was kneeling in the first place. Who see's this as blacks vs whites now? Racist people? Snowflakes that get bent out of shape about this nothing issue compared to all the real **** going on in the world?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Many people didn't even take the time to understand why Kaep was kneeling in the first place. Who see's this as blacks vs whites now? Racist people? Snowflakes that get bent out of shape about this nothing issue compared to all the real **** going on in the world?

I know right?!

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

much easier hust just to call people racists 

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

I know right?!

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

much easier hust just to call people racists 

LOL, it's like when I see letters to the editor down here in Raleigh from people getting so angry about Silent Sam getting knocked over at UNC. The racism flows from their fingers to the keyboard when they are typing. It's easy to see. 

In case you didn't understand, a fair amount of white people never bothered to learn what the protests were about. Instead it was just anger and some of that has certainly been racist. Not really sure I see black people making it a black vs whites issue. I still see it as a protest against treatment by police and the justice system. 

• Like 1

Kaep is good enough to be on an NFL roster. The reasons he is not are more to do with his position, style of play, and him being a polarizing figure than anything else. NFL teams don't want distractions and they don't want QB controversies. You know that if you pick Kaep, you're going to be getting asked about the kneeling thing week in and week out. You also know that as soon as your starter has a bad day, half the town is going to be calling for a change. On top of that, he's not a traditional QB and you need to make major adjustments to your base offense if Kaep comes in. It's all the same reasons why Tebow isn't in the league and why people were reluctant to pick up Griffin as a backup.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hersh said:

LOL, it's like when I see letters to the editor down here in Raleigh from people getting so angry about Silent Sam getting knocked over at UNC. The racism flows from their fingers to the keyboard when they are typing. It's easy to see. 

In case you didn't understand, a fair amount of white people never bothered to learn what the protests were about. Instead it was just anger and some of that has certainly been racist. Not really sure I see black people making it a black vs whites issue. I still see it as a protest against treatment by police and the justice system. 

Even though Kaep was specific when he said it was a protest of the flag. 

your thinly veiled inference that I’m a racist might seem like a winning moment for folks on the left here, but honestly you’d earn more respect by just stating your beliefs.  

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Even though Kaep was specific when he said it was a protest of the flag. 

your thinly veiled inference that I’m a racist might seem like a winning moment for folks on the left here, but honestly you’d earn more respect by just stating your beliefs.  

If you're that defensive, maybe you are. However, I wasn't specifically referencing you, just the general discourse in the country.

Just now, Hersh said:

If you're that defensive, maybe you are. However, I wasn't specifically referencing you, just the general discourse in the country.

I agree.  I see lots of people on the left calling anyone that doesn’t toe their line a racist. Better than debating facts I suppose. 

9 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

He hasn’t sacrificed squat....Pat Tillman did, unless he puts on a blue uniform for a year than comes out with an unbiased opionion nothing he says or does has any merit imo.

Still waiting on the brilliant explanation of how exactly Keap making money with Nike gets more unarmed black men shot. 

12 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He hasn’t sacrificed squat....Pat Tillman did, unless he puts on a blue uniform for a year than comes out with an unbiased opionion nothing he says or does has any merit imo.

You still mad he called cops pigs aintcha?

• Like 1

Ok, morning wow...........

This turned into a "I know you are but what am I??" exchange, weird.....

In my humble opinion, this encapsulates a lot of what I see as the sticking point that keeps any progress, even the tiniest sliver from being made.

"YOU'RE a racist!!"

"No, YOU are the racist!!"

rinse, repeat, regurgitate......

This isn't just counterproductive, it's ****ing juvenile.

So here, let me try to do something stupid different, see if it goes anywhere

Me? I'm an -ist, racist/sexist/ageist/whateverist, I'm a product of my upbringing and have a lot of baggage, I make assumptions and carry biases, tend to be a little paranoid at times that gets projected on others, accept things at face value only to get pissed when it turns out I was gullible and manipulated, etc., you know, human. I'm not sure exactly how or where some of you grew up or were bred in bottles to maintain the crystalline purity of your thoughts and motives, sounds.....interesting I guess but it's kinda like a unicorn, hear a lot about 'em, never see 'em.

The great difference is whether or not you see those things in yourself, if you are able to be objective while looking in the mirror (maybe the hardest task for any of us) and accept the truth of who you are. People tell themselves the worst lies, the **** that falls out their mouth is the seconds.

I have striven mightily over the years to see, to genuinely see things within myself that are part of who I am, and when I see things I am not too keen on, to change them, to get more data/better data, to challenge those assumptions or face those fears, you know, to grow. I never did understand why that seems to be well nigh impossible for so many, especially since you do it with you, no one else needs to know, you don't have to get embarrassed or mocked, it's just you and the one you masturbate with, and hell, if you can do that together you ought to be able to take stock of yourself together.

But no, let's keep doing this instead, let's keep lying to ourselves and accusing each other and making up nasty little names and memes and increasing the isolation and distance between each other because that seems to be working SO well..........................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

But no, let's keep doing this instead, let's keep lying to ourselves and accusing each other and making up nasty little names and memes and increasing the isolation and distance between each other because that seems to be working SO well..........................

You ain't wrong but how do you fix it? Standing above the muck isn't working in 2018. So how do you clean it up?

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You ain't wrong but how do you fix it? Standing above the muck isn't working in 2018. So how do you clean it up?

The openly racist POTUS has to go. Nothing starts to gets better until that happens. Next is civil war monuments, the confederate flag. Those should both go too. 

While those issues get taken care of, meaningful prison reform and continued  dialogue between law enforcement and black communities. 

Lastly, this country could use a whole lot of personal reflection on our thoughts and actions. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 2